Now wouldn't this be a tricky choice.....

maxg

IF I were living in the US and had $4,250 buring a whole in my pocket for an audio system I could buy this:

ipod_concertino.jpg

An ipod, amp and speakers!

Details at: http://www.goldster-audio.com/concertino/product.en.html

Or I suppose I could pick a pair of 2nd hand Khorns for, say, $1200, a VPI Scount for another $1500 - brand new!, an SACD player for, what, $800 and drop the balance ($750) on a 2nd hand tube amp - probably including Craig waving a magic wand over it.

Or keep the Horns, use a vintage SS amp (the HK one everyone talkss about), a Toshiba DVD for $70, a used TT for $500 and a 1 carat diamond ring for the wife..

That would be a tricky decision....I wonder which of the 3 wouldnt get a look in???

If I were living in the USA, that would mean my girlfriend would dump me, so no ring needed! Therefore option 2!

Then I would buy an RV, put my equipment in it and travel the US visiting all forummembers that allow me in for a listen. I'll bring the wine and cheese!

=:< (smileys don't work this time) :)

----------------

On 12/15/2004 6:45:22 AM Timmikid wrote:

If I were living in the USA, that would mean my girlfriend would dump me, so no ring needed! Therefore option 2!

Then I would buy an RV, put my equipment in it and travel the US visiting all forummembers that allow me in for a listen. I'll bring the wine and cheese!

=:< (smileys don't work this time)
:)

----------------

If you blow through Ohio, feel free to stop in for a listen.

That is very strange to me? So there target audience is ipod owners and it's tube driven hmmm. I think they gave some marketers a bunch of acid and locked them in a room till they came out with a product it is different. Don't think I would spend that much even though my office could use a system. If I needed to buy an office system I could get some used Heresy's for $500 or under, integrated tube $500 or under, AH!Joeb 4000 CDP $700 and sound better for $1700 or under.