BAD ebay experience...

SilverSport

Last week I won an auction for a NIB, sealed, unopened Klipsch KLF-C7 center channel to add to my new to Home Theater system I am building...well, it arrived, opened, damaged PRIOR to transport, missing pieces and used...7.gif

I emailed the seller as when I bought it it was listed as NIB with a "30 day money back guarantee" No response from seller...several more emails, no response...a friend emailed the seller about a different item and SUPRISE got a response...hmmmmm.

I waited 48 hours after my last email warning the seller that I would file comlaints with both paypal and ebay (woooo, I'm scarey!2.gif ) and waited an additional day before doing so...

my responses from ebay and paypal??? PayPal said as long as I received SOMETHING that the transaction was complete...even though the item had "PayPal Buyer Protection" I actually have none at all from PayPal...oh, by the way, contact ebay says PayPal...(who owns PayPal interestingly enough)

Ebay said...Thanks for your complaint...we will investigate further...YOU GET NOTHING!...if we find the seller is wrong as you say, we will tell him not to defraud people anymore, maybe suspend his account or kick him off ebay (until he comes back as another name, right???)

Life is full of lessons...I learned a $455.01 lesson right here.

Advertised: NIB with full warrantee on a no longer made center channel

What I Got: Broken corners one was "repaired" using black magic marker, dusty and dirty, a gooey ring where someone had laid a glass, scuffs and scratches on top and a lot more on the bottom, no speaker grill and no owners manuals or paperwork...also the serial number is different than the one on the box.

Sorry for the rant...at least the speaker works...for now. I was lulled into trusting the seller by pictures of a brick and mortar store with big stocks, ebay store, 100% money back guarantee and a decent rating along with "PayPal" buyer protection...instead I learned that someone is only as good as their word and not everyone is as good as the people here and the ebayer I bought my Heresys from.

Be Safe!

Bill

Bill

----------------

On 1/14/2005 9:28:54 PM T2K wrote:

Sorry to hear of your bad experience Bill. Can you post the auction number, or the seller's name?

Keith

----------------

I'll take that heat.

AudiophileOutlet Seller's own name in the ebay rate thread.

Mark Holmes.

dodger

I feel for you dude. I got a pair of La Scalas in the UPS that looked great on e-bay, came in dinged, dirty, gouged, and full of styrofoam peanuts in the base bins. I had to refinish them go be presentable at all. At least they sound great! My lesson from this is to stick with the folks in the Klipsch Forum. We all seem here for the same reasons, beauty in sound.

You should investigate with paypal and ebay further. A few different buyers have screwed a few friends and myself. We posted auctions they won the auction paid and we shipped out the goods. A few days later each of us received an email saying something along the lines of they didn't receive the product or it was not what we advertised which was of course total bull. Anyhow within a day or two of that email the money that they sent to us via paypal was removed from each of our accounts.

Basically what I'm saying is look into it further ASAP. I'm pretty sure with what has happened to my friends and I (all separate incidents with different buyers) there has to be a way to get your money back especially because you truly didn't receive what you should have.

Good luck I hope this works out for you.

Thanks for the good thoughts...I thought about the square deal thing but I don't see it getting any better by paying $20 MORE dollars...maybe I will give it a try in a bit.

Seismic...I have sent follow ups to both ebay AND to PayPal...no response back...I think they are standing their ground. I asked them the next step and was civil but firm...my feedback of audiophileoutlet is all the characters I was allowed to fit...Fraud,Liar, Cheat, Thief fits as well.

Thanks,

Bill

I am generally very suspicious of sellers with less than 30-50 transactions.

I think I am at 52 with 100 %.

The NIB KLF C7 I would have though was a high probability of a misrepresntation since they are popular and several years out of production.

Other than some really scratched Le Zepplin LPs I have made some pretty expensive for me over $ 500 and have been very happy with E BAY sellers.

If it is too good to be true...

There should be laws that would put this dishonest Jackass in jail. It's THEFT, plain and simple.

~Can't stand a thief~!

I noticed from his feedback that this was NOT his first venture in stealing from folks.

You have got to check out those NEGATIVES before bidding.

Sorry to hear this guy did you man.7.gif

Mike

AudioFlynn:

I'm the guy with 4 and audiophileoutlet has 108 ebay sales...no complaints for about 2 years...

I'm 43...it wasn't too good to be true, I think we see lots of speakers still turning up NIB, but perhaps my newness to this speaker made me unaware of the popularity of the KLF-C7.

Thanks,

Bill

Guest Anonymous

thats why i really do not use e-bay anymore there are just too many scams adn the deals are not good enough, its always better to give the local dealer the buisness anyways, but your case was for something no longer made though

They do and so does ebay...both refuse to give it to me because of "privacy issues." I think after I called him a fraud, liar, cheat and thief, the odds are that he won't do anything for me...course he wouldn't do anything for me before either...

Bill

I went through a bad experience with Ebay last year. Non-functional NIB item. Seller had great communication and agreed to refund my $$$ until I shipped the product back. Stupid me for doing that according to Paypal.

No more contact after that. I complained to Ebay and Paypal and they were no help as I was outside the 30 day window. I use Paypal tied to my credit card. I initiated a dispute and and they credited my account. Then Paypal came back stating their investigation with the seller was complete and he said I returned the wrong item. The CC company took the $$$ back. I continued the dispute and with all the doucmentation of my emails with the seller and the attempted emails, Visa finally agreed with me and refunded my $$$.

I would think about calling Law Enforcement in his hometown and see if they can do anything. Fraud was a crime the last I heard. Keep pictures of the speaker as you received it. Different s/n on box shows he did not send you the correct item. Give it a shot, can't hurt.

Mike

----------------

On 1/15/2005 9:59:25 AM silversport wrote:

They do and so does ebay...both refuse to give it to me because of "privacy issues." I think after I called him a fraud, liar, cheat and thief, the odds are that he won't do anything for me...course he wouldn't do anything for me before either...

Bill

----

Try www.411.org Whenever I'm unhappy, I always try a phone call before posting negative feedback. I get much better "results" than email alone.

Mark Holmes

754 E 39th St N

Tulsa, OK 74106-1601

918-430-1399

2411 N Quaker Ave

Tulsa, OK 74106-4039

918-425-3199

Sorry to hear about your bad eBay experience. Did you have the additional PayPal 'protection'? If so, whtat use is all this? I have PayPal set up with a charge card, if yours is the same, you could also contact your credit card company and complain about fraud. I would also suggest a phone call to the Attorney General of whatever state this joker lives in. This is FRAUD, pure and simple.

I've got Cornwall speaker components arriving from an eBay purchase this week. Scared to death that there will be a midhorn poking through the K33 woofer in a box full of frigging (can I say that Amy?) PEANUTS, the worst packing material known to man.

Michael

----------------

On 1/15/2005 11:12:09 AM scott0527 wrote:

Try
Whenever I'm unhappy, I always try a phone call before posting negative feedback. I get much better "results" than email alone.

Mark Holmes

754 E 39th St N

Tulsa, OK 74106-1601

918-430-1399

2411 N Quaker Ave

Tulsa, OK 74106-4039

918-425-3199

---------------

Now that's what I'm talking about. Good detective work.

And if it's indeed him but still no action, then maybe there's someone near enough to him that would do you the favor of dropping a personal note into his mailbox. Not necessarily to threaten or anything, but just to make him think, and realize that he is NOT untouchable.

Thank you for that information...I got a response from paypal that the person whose name is on the account where my money went is "Richmond Holmes"...and ebay just sent me a response that gives me a name of an ebay employee, reiterates "call the seller", Call the police, call the FBI...riiiight.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and help,

Bill