Steelers move on!!

Dylanl

----------------

On 1/15/2005 10:02:45 PM Colin wrote:

of course, but they were not the team I expected, I think the two best teams in the leage play tommorrow at 4:30 EST...

----------------

Well they weren't last night, I'll admit. But I hope they have their momentum back after the scare. They sure handled the Patriots earlier in the year when the Pats were on a roll.

----------------

On 1/16/2005 9:08:46 AM SteelerFan wrote:

----------------

On 1/15/2005 10:02:45 PM Colin wrote:

of course, but they were not the team I expected, I think the two best teams in the leage play tommorrow at 4:30 EST...

----------------

Well they weren't last night, I'll admit. But I hope they have their momentum back after the scare. They sure handled the Patriots earlier in the year when the Pats were on a roll.

----------------

SteelerFan, You nervous yet???6.gif2.gif

Rick

If the Steelers play like they did on Sat. it is over period. Now if Big Ben does not play like the rookie that he is and does not create turnovers the game is going to be very close. This city is in need of a victory. To go 15 - 1 is great but to tank in the playoffs just stinks.

SteelerFan, You nervous yet???6.gif2.gif

Rick

----------------

LOL Ofcourse I'm nervous! That's part of the fun.

You know the old saying, "The game is played on the field". The Falcons looked pretty damn good Saturday, but remember what the Bucs did to them earlier in the year? Made them look like a jr high team and how good were the Bucs?

Look what Miami did to the Pats. Heck I thought for sure the Steelers would lose their last game to Buffalo. The Bills were killing teams and were fighting for a playoff spot. The Steelers were resting everybody in a meaningless game for them and still won.

We'll all find out Sunday.1.gif

If the Steelers play like they did on Sat. it is over period. Now if Big Ben does not play like the rookie that he is and does not create turnovers the game is going to be very close. This city is in need of a victory. To go 15 - 1 is great but to tank in the playoffs just stinks.

----------------

On 1/15/2005 11:48:41 PM m00n wrote:

I hope NON of you watched my Rams get their bums handed to them tonight...

----------------

Oh yes I did, in all its beautiful High-Def glory! Yup, ol Vicks literally RAMmed the ball down thier throats! It was ugly for the Rams, but it sure was pretty for the Falcons! 11.gif

About them Steelers. Yeah, they did win that game by a mircle and prayer (or as somebody else put it, the Jets lost that game more than the Steelers "winning" it). I am a big Steelers fan myself, so of course, I'll be rooting for them. Heck, I'd like to see a Steelers/Eagles Superbowl game!

But realistically, the Steelers will have thier hands full with the Patriots. The Pats did play an excellent game against the Colts, as I thought for sure that was going to be the upset game. I just hope the Steelers don't play another game like Saturday afternoon. After all, that was a lesson on how not to play football in a play-off game!

I don't know how much of these games I'll get to see this weekend as I am on duty at the local ski hill on the ski patrol there all day Sunday, but I may be back home in time to catch at least the last half of the Eagles/Falcons games (now there is a bird fight for you!) and all of the Steelers/Patriots game.

The Jets wouldn't even have been in that game save the Punt Return. and the INT return. Steelers defense stopped the Jets cold and Heinz Field worked it's magic on yet another visiting kicker. Not sure why the Steelers came out throwing in the regulation time drive either. The running game had the Jets D worn down. Probably the worst game the Steelers played all year, I wouldn't look for a repeat next week.

15-1, beat the Pats already, beat the Eagles already. There is no doubt who the best team in the NFL is.

The only place I give the Pats the edge is QB. Brady gets the job done, and rarely makes an error. But the defense, the offensive line, the running game, the recievers, all Pittsburgh. Special Teams are pretty even, both pretty good. Cowher just needs to set up the run so Big Ben has an easier time throwing. Ben was also forcing passes vs the Jets, somthing he really didn't do all year. He was more apt to throw a ball away rather than force a pass.

Game Time temperature as of today will likely be teens with snow. Two throwback cold weather teams, should be an awsome game.

I'm a dieheard Bengals fan, so I'll just crawl back into my hole and shut up until they actually achieve a "non losing season" as defined as one that they win more than they lose.

15.gif

what? 14 years of this ???

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh the cruelty...

15.gif15.gif15.gif

----------------

On 1/18/2005 11:10:41 AM dgb wrote:

The Jets wouldn't even have been in that game save the Punt Return. and the INT return. Steelers defense stopped the Jets cold and Heinz Field worked it's magic on yet another visiting kicker. Not sure why the Steelers came out throwing in the regulation time drive either. The running game had the Jets D worn down. Probably the worst game the Steelers played all year, I wouldn't look for a repeat next week.

15-1, beat the Pats already, beat the Eagles already. There is no doubt who the best team in the NFL is.

The only place I give the Pats the edge is QB. Brady gets the job done, and rarely makes an error. But the defense, the offensive line, the running game, the recievers, all Pittsburgh. Special Teams are pretty even, both pretty good. Cowher just needs to set up the run so Big Ben has an easier time throwing. Ben was also forcing passes vs the Jets, somthing he really didn't do all year. He was more apt to throw a ball away rather than force a pass.

Game Time temperature as of today will likely be teens with snow. Two throwback cold weather teams, should be an awsome game.

----------------

---------------------------

Did we see the same game?

So, let me get this straight, everything the Steelers did that was wrong was an anomaly and everything the Jets did that was right was pure dumb luck.

And BTW there is a doubt about which is the best team in the league. That question is answered at the end of the Super Bowl.

Two things dgb, it's tough to beat the same team twice and Billy Belichick. The guy is a great coach man, just ask the Big Tuna. It was Belichick that got him to the SB. I wish we had him up in Green Bay, that's for sure.

I'll be cheerin' for the Steelers though. I'm an old Pennsylvania guy and I've always favored the old (original) NFL teams.

You all forgot one thing. Big Ben Hamburger? is injured and really can't throw and the Steelers are hiding that fact. If he was healthy the Steelers would have had 3 more touchdowns. And I hate the Steelers because I'm a Browns fan.

JJK

"The Jets wouldn't even have been in that game save the Punt Return. and the INT return. "

Doesn't matter where the points come from, all that matters is that you have more of them then the other guy at the end of the game.

Just ask Troy Brown... didn't he return a punt for a touchdown as well as a blocked punt or field goal for another touchdown against the Steelers a few years back to end their season and put the Pats in the SB? ;)

This time around he could do it with an interception too....

Shawn

What I'm saying is the Steelers gave the Jets two huge presents, and even with aforementioned gifts, the Steeler defense was able to totally shut down the Jets offense and keep the Steelers in the game. Luckily the Steelers dominated the first quarter and got a 10 point lead early. As to dumb luck, the two missed Jet FGs were lucky breaks for the Steelers, but Heinz field is notoriously tough on opponent kickers. Unfortunately I can't find opponent kicking in Heinz Field alone.

Of course the Super Bowl will determine the best team, but going into this game the Steelers have the better defense (best defense), a perfect home record, have already beaten the Pats, and have as good a running game, especially since they have two excellent backs. Tom Brady is the difference, and possibly Viniteri who I can almost guarantee, won't choke on TWO huge FGs if the opportunity arises. The Steelers need to follow the script of the first game vs the Pats. Get a lead, get the running going (221 yds in first game vs FIVE yards for the Pats but sans Corey Dillon) and put pressure on Brady. Take him out of his pick em apart comfort zone and force him to make big plays.

I just cannon believe a 15-1 team is an underdog at home vs a team they have already beat. Cowher is no slouch of a coach either.

---------------------------

Did we see the same game?

So, let me get this straight, everything the Steelers did that was wrong was an anomaly and everything the Jets did that was right was pure dumb luck.

And BTW there is a doubt about which is the best team in the league. That question is answered at the end of the Super Bowl.

----------------