OT Dog Rescue

jtkinney

Since I couldn't add to the dog adoption thread, I'm starting a new rescue one. Attached is a photo of our two collies. Missy on the left is a 10 month old puppy that we got last summer. Katie on the right is a 2-3 year old that we got from a rescue shelter last weekend. Other than grooming, she seems to be in good shape, and as you can see, she seems to be very relaxec about her new home.

We did rescue her, but she seems to be adopting us.

post-5629-13819261203038_thumb.jpg

Jtkinney,

Congratulations for rescuing Katie. They are beautiful Collies and look right at home.

IMHO there is some advantage in having two dogs because they can keep each other company and play.

One disadvantage we had with more than one ( 2 for about 13 years - 3 for about 5 years) was that they seemed to pay more attention to each other and the humans ended up down the list. We alleviated that to some degree by alternately taking one out individually for treats or walks making him/her feel more special, as well as the general routine for both of them.

Your dogs are both quite young so you can look forward to years of companionship and love. Take care. Hamish

Thanks for all the replies, she seems to be a keeper. Hopefully she will keep the puppy company so she will stop chewing on everything in sight.

Mark, your link is working again. Good looking dog, but my browser doesn't resize, so full screen he is a formidable sight.

Wow jtkinney - those are beautiful dogs! Amazing how much that breed looks like Shetland Sheep dogs, yet there's no relation (from what I've been told).

Here's a picture of our Bailey shortly after we had taken him to the groomers. Unfortunately, his hair was so matted and dirty, that we had to have him clipped pretty short. The upside was that it was Summer.

bailey 01.jpg

Tom

www.fortsaskatchewanrecord.com/story.php?id=74153

As a country dweller i'm getting tired of city folks dropping off there pets for others to deal with . I've taken in almost a dozen animals destined for destruction due to uncareing owners , there should be some kind of licence one has to aquire before being able to own a pet .

I applaude anyone willing to look after a poor defenceless animal thats been given up on by someone else .

----------------

On 1/20/2005 3:09:43 PM J.4knee wrote:

Great looking pooches, I'll have to post ourt Alex, we got her from the pound nearly 9 years ago, she is a Malinois through and through.

"Used to be cablacksmith"

Cal should we now refer to you as the poster/member formerly known as ...?
9.gif

----------------

LOL!

I am going to change my name again, I will now be known as:

@# @#

$$$ $$$

^^

==============

!!

==============

----------------

On 1/19/2005 2:16:06 PM Cal Blacksmith wrote:

Two good looking dogs and thank you for rescuing them!

People, lets please not have this thread take a wild turn
8.gif
Lets keep it on topic!
2.gif

----------------

Definitely nice dogs. And he's right, they adopt you.

I second the thanks and also the request to keep it on topic.

dodger

----------------

On 1/21/2005 9:22:40 AM Cal Blacksmith wrote:

----------------

On 1/20/2005 3:09:43 PM J.4knee wrote:

Great looking pooches, I'll have to post ourt Alex, we got her from the pound nearly 9 years ago, she is a Malinois through and through.

"Used to be cablacksmith"

Cal should we now refer to you as the poster/member formerly known as ...?
9.gif

----------------

LOL!

I am going to change my name again, I will now be known as:

@# @#

$$$ $$$

^^

==============

!!

==============

----------------

Dear @# @#

$$$ $$$

We thank you for requesting that dogs be adopted from shelters.

Our records indicate that there is a change in your last name. Before we can approve you for the credit line requested, would you please verify the spelling?

Again, thank for your recommending that dogs be adopted from Shelters.

Yours Truly,

^(*^%^)

9.gif