Tractrix squawker horn for the Belle and Khorn

Jordan,

Those JBL drivers is my main hang-up. They droop like crazy as frequency goes up. I have a passive eq in each speaker for the Altecs that I may not need for the Trachorn. I need to haul my equipment down stairs and run response curves on them to see if that's sill necessary. I also have Rane parametric equalizers set up for the altecs and my room. I need to have all three speakers as flat as I can get them, THEN fiddle the Rane ewqualizers to get back to a level comparison before I can judge the difference in the horns.

AL K.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Here's a new problem. The studs that stick up through the base of the Belle top section that hold it down are in a different positon on the older Belles that then newer ones. The riser necessary to lift the top section to make room for the new horn must have holes located to pass these studs. The picture shows aq riser drilled for Belles made around 1985 sitting next the studs of a Belle made about 10 years earlier. They are not in the same place! It's obvious I need to retink this! I may need something like long slots.

AL k.

post-2934-13819261651714_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

----------------

On 8/7/2005 3:38:57 PM sunburnwilly wrote:

Hi Al , I was wondering if there was any reason other than asthetics that the tweeter is mounted next to the squaker instead of above it ?
10.gif

----------------

Won't fit on top. That setup only likes it on the side :)

Your avatar scared my wife...and she asked "is Willy sunburned"?

I was thinking that since the top is allready raised 3/4" , why not go ahead and raise it another 4" or so to accomadate the tweeter . I have Belles and from looking at the top section it looks doable . PS Sorry to have scared your wife with my avatar , but just think how scared that poor Kitty is ! I kind of consider it as a homage to the old Klipsch print ads that state " you hardly notice a Heresy until it's turned on " Anyone remember those ? 10.gif