I've got a cool wife!

yaffstone

My birthday is tomorrow and today we got home with Dylanl's Teak Khorns (see them on audiogon and on previous threads here). My wife put up the cash and helped me carry them up a flight of stairs. They're my first pair and I couldn't be happier. We drove from New Hampshire to western Pensylvania to get these. Left Friday after work and arrived back home just this afternoon. Good trip, easy deal with Dilynl (he drove a bit too, Thanks Brett!) and now what a great sound.

Congrats David! I know you have been searching and longing for a pair. Too cool! Let me know what you think of them compared to your Belle's & La Scala's.

My wife is the best also, she and her sister actually made the drive to Raliegh, NC to bring back the pair that I purchased from the gent down there. Her brother picked them up and put them in his garage until she got down their to retrieve them.

Enjoy!

Very nice indeed!

My wife drove to Delaware with me to pick up my khorns (only 1 1/2 hours) but it made all the difference in the world. Something about doing it together makes it better.

Congrats on the teaks. They're very rare. Are those the same ones that were for sale about 2 years ago on ebay? They were near Philly. I remember drooling over them.3.gif

BTW - Happy birthday!

These were Dylanl's. He got them out of a nursing home and refinished them. The serial numbers indicate they were birch white (BW). Brett did a great job with the teak veneer. They're not as they left the factory, but better IMHO. They're probably on audiogon if you want a look.

I've ordered some metallized polypropylene caps and will re-do the AA crossovers as soon as they arrive.