I got some new corners for the Khorns!

D0N

Congrats on the new home!!

However... You do realize it's gonna get nippy in there once you take out the baseboard heaters to let the horns seal up against the walls, right?

Shouldn't be a problem though, I'd rather sit in a parka and listen to khorns than be comfy and cozy and listen to a lesser speaker. 9.gif

----------------

On 2/18/2005 7:25:10 PM D0N wrote:

Thanks guys... the baseboard heat has to stay. I'll get the khorns as close to the corners as possible.

----------------

The first thing I said to myself as I read that was... no no no no no no... that just won't do.

You could lose the ones on the walls on the corners and just replumb the ends of the pipes. You'd only be giving up a couple feet of heater per side, and the results would be well worth it. I don't have the almighty khorns, haven't heard a pair for many years, but one thing I've learned from being on this forum for a while is that it's imperative to have them sealed tightly into their corners. There HAS to be a way to do it.

I doubt you'd miss the couple feet of heater anyway.

*edit* Besides, who knows what havoc having that radiated heat going directly into the back of your speaks could do? It may not be a problem, but if it turns out to be, then what??????

Nah, you won't miss it. Also, the Khorns would not take that much heat without curling right up. And what it will do to the finish! It's going to look like an old oil painting (all cracks).

I have never seen so much baseboard heat in a single room before! That dude must have been getting paid by the foot.

DM2.gif

So that's it, D0N, you have no choice. Besides, the Khorns'll warm it up! Move one of them over to under the front window.

Now, regarding the TV, I'd be inclined NOT to put it way back into that cute bay. Bring it out from the wall, with enough room to get around it. I would not put the components in the middle, either. Just the TV/monitor.

Congrats Don! Fire up them amps and have a house warming party!!3.gif3.gif3.gif

Don't listen to those guys about baseboard heat. I have it and my horns seal just fine thank you with a piece of foam cut out for the heat. They always needs something on the back board for a seal even without baseboard heat.. Well over half of their life has been spent with baseboard heat and thet haven't withered, THEIR HOT!!!!!9.gif

Rick

hey would it create a problem to just build a base that would set the khorns above the baseboard heaterswould be fairly cheap and easy to build, looks like about 6" hi in the pics, dont know if this would hurt the sound, but you could definately get them tight in the corners, and use a solid sheet of 3/4 ply cut to shape of the horns, put a vent hole in the front of the verticle to let the heat escape. 4.gif Joe

great idea joe.

bkrop... I'm waiting on an estimate. Evidently, there's a problem with one of the eproms on the main PCB. The tech is trying to track one down. Keeping my fingers crossed.

fini I thought the tv would fit nicely into that cute little bay. 1.gif

You would only have to remove about a foot of the basboard heater i think.The idea of raising the Ks up is good you could get 3/4 oak plywood or just use some of that oak flooring on a regular piece of plywood would look cool.That would also keep the heat off the speaker it could be made to look very nice and also have storage under the speaker to like a DVD,cd rack.Rick