I�m Over at Max�s Taverna�.

thebes

Hey Max, the place looks great. I hear it took you a while to complete the renovations, but its good to hear your open for business again. I brought The Twins with me, thats Bubbles over there in the gypsy outfit with the white peasant blouse on, and the long thin one in Torreador pants is Tawny. She wants to try that dance later where you try to get as close as you can with your feet to the glass of Ouzo without knocking it over. What do you call that again? Oh yeah we also brought some bandanas for that other dance.

Whatll I have? How about some Pernod with a little water.

Oh wow, you got the new TT set up, Im surprised youd risk it in your bar. Glad you did, though, cause I brought a few lps along. Why dont you throw this one on. Its the Commodores Live a little disco to get things going.

I think the Klipsch crowd will be stopping by a little later. Hope you got a good selectoin of poison behind the bar. Does the SWABO still make those great lamb kebobs. If so Ill take two. Oh man, Bubbles has found one of those young Greek god types. Better get over there before she screws up some of the local customs. Ill check back with you later. Oh here comes the Klipsch crownd. Wonder what they are drinking and what they brought to give your new TT a workout?

Sorry about the mix-up. Bubbles is with us tonight. She's the younger sister of The Twins. Tickles had to meet some friends over at Pireaus coming in from the ferry out of Crete. Have I mentioned that her friends are HOT! They'll be along shortly. So what are you drinking and what have yo got for Max's new TT?

Good Evening Thebes,

Does Max know how to pour a Black and Tan? We can't have any of the Guiness getting into the Bass Ale.

Hey I ran out into the barn before I came up here to meet the twins, and had to dig way back into the back of the shop where I have an old galley cart that I retrieved from a crashed A/C many years ago, and inside the galley cart is my box of old LP's. I was in a hurry and I just reached in and grabbed one and rushed up here to meet the twins..... Well to my suprise what I grabed is the origanal sound track to Star Wars by John Williams. It probably could use a good cleaning befor Max puts it on his new TT.

OK now I want to meet the twins and their friends.

That's no imagination. I've met the twins.3.gif

I'm heading over to Max's shortly with a stack of LPs. On top is the ever popular, "The Adventures Of Panama Red" by New Riders Of The Purple Sage. If you've ignored this LP for the past 30 years, it's time to pick up another copy. The recording quality is outstanding and the music is timeless. The next three are all by NRBQ, the greatest bar band of all time. "Live At Yankee Stadium," "Tiddlywinks," and "Kick Me Hard" are all cleaned and ready for a spin on Max's new rig.

BTW - Mountain Dew is my drink of choice. I fall asleep just thinking about alcohol.14.gif

Hi, I'm new around here. Just joined to meet the twins. They seem to be quite fond of you Mr. Thebes - you must be thier favorite uncle.

Ooooh nice turntable, I've been lurking around and watching the progress . Hey, that looks just like mine.......I mean that disc preening brush beside the tuntable assemblage looks like the one I use. Can we play some old Beatles records backwards on that baby and hear what devil sounds like singing the shower 11.gif.

Steve, when you arrive, that Black and Tan will be sitting on a cork coaster with the foam dripping down the sides. We'll run that Star Wars lp under a faucet and throw it on the changer.

Good call Gary, but what would Panama Red be without following it up with some Commander Cody. Fortunately, I just happen to have some Lost Planet Airmen with me. What are you drinking? The're starting to stack up at the bar, so let me muscle my way in and get you something wet.

So who else is thirsty?

Totally HALARIOUS, Ill have a Pimms cup, and a left handed cig! Gary I finally broke down and bought a NRBQ! They only had DUMMY, and I will give them a 6.5 out of 10. I will have to get Yankee, that is fur shre. On the lp thingie Im bringing Paul Horn Altura Do Sol.

Sputnik, glad you dropped in from the outer, outer. I'm sure the Twins would be very happy to meet another space cadet. Hell, we'll throw a little Major Tom on the TT in your honor.

So Scotto, Sputnik, what're having?

So who else is helping Max to re-open the joint. The place only holds 180, according to the Fire Marshall rules. I think. It is written in Greek you know.

----------------

On 2/18/2005 10:06:30 PM davmar wrote:

Totally HALARIOUS, I’ll have a Pimms cup, and a left handed cig! Gary I finally broke down and bought a NRBQ! They only had DUMMY, and I will give them a 6.5 out of 10. I will have to get Yankee, that is fur shre. On the lp thingie I’m bringing Paul Horn Altura Do Sol.

----------------

As far as NRBQ goes, not all their albums are great. Yankee Stadium and Tiddlywinks are their 2 best IMO and both great. They play mostly in small bars and are a blast to see live, especially when they bring the Whole Wheat Horns.1.gif

Oh man, the place is starting to rock. Tickles just showed up with her friends from Crete. Can you belive this, their nicknames are "Knossus" and "Festos".

They are going to some sort of post-olympics celegration and are wearing those really short silk shifts, with sandals laced up their calves, gold pins holding up their blonde hair. The mob has moved over to talk to them, so there is room at the bar. I'm making a run, anybody want anything? I think I'll throw some "Men at Work" on spinner.

Thebes,

You got me thinking I have A Flock of Seagulls

"Telecommunications" in that galley cart in the barn.

Do you think one of the twins would like to excort me back to pick it up.

Chance and Foxmahn (my horses) would probably not mind the intrution as long as we thru them some hay while we were in there.

Tell Max to have another Black and Tan on the bar, if you don't mind.

9.gif

I'll have one of those kebobs, and I'll wash it down with a glass of Retsina. I'd also like a little piece of that baklava behind the bar (if you don't mind me asking). Then I'll switch to the sherry finished Glenmorangie for the rest of the night.

You mean I missed "Machine Gun", I guess I should try not to be so fashionably late. Pour me a black sambucca and spin some Bob Segar, Old Time Rock and Roll and let's get this party started.

I assume Max has a bottle of Cuervo gold sitting on the bar for me to sip slowly later on.