SPEAKER CABLES

zman

Guest Anonymous

its going to be hard to buy used speaker cable, but i am sure its out there, and do you really want older speaker cable, when it gets old the jackets tend to be brittle adn the copper oxidized, but anyways.....

Alpha Core

Nordost Cable

mit cable

kimber cable

vampire wire

straight wire

audioquest

canare cable (bluejeans)

Anything but Monster

this should keep you busy for abit, but there are so many and i can only name a few

I like using 12ga low voltage wire from Home Depot. It's black zip cord for about $.30 per foot and is easy to route and terminate. Radio Shack or Parts Express have double banana plug connectors for about $2 each that should fit the RF-7 and Denon. I also use crimp on spade connectors on mine.

----------------

On 2/22/2005 5:10:12 PM LarryC wrote:

Also go to the Cable Company's
. Their listings include the list and sale prices, length, condition, # for sale, etc. They seem to be pretty good about consulting on these, so you might give them a call at 1-800-FATWYRE or (215) 862-4870.

Larry

----------------

Great resource, they are. Ask for Paul, tell him Nick sent you.

For everyone else's info, ZMAN spent $1100 on his pair of MIT cables that he needs to replace for length reasons, so it's just a guess, but he probably won't be going for Home Depot or Parts Express cable. NOT that there's anything wrong with those, of course.

At the present time I am using Alpha Core AG1.

I like DH Labs Silver Sonic, but I have not tried it with Denon. When I was using my Denon I found stranded cable to be bright and hurt my ears. I ended up going with Audioquest which to me sounded the best.

When I went with Parasound I bought DH Silver Sonic T-14. I liked this wire. I have had good luck with it when I swapped to tubes. I now use it when I rewire my speakers. I have rewired KLF20s,Cornwalls and Heresys using T-14.

I am in the process of redoing my room and I will need more than 8 foot runs so I will replace my AG1's with T-10.

I also buy it in bulk and just strip back the ends and not have to worry about connectors.

http://www.audioc.com/accessories1/dhlabs/q10.htm

With this said cable is cable...

Danny

This 12ga low voltage is ok to use??? None of the Home Depots around me have any of the 12ga in stock but one did have this black flat like 12 ga low voltage wire...the guy at HD said not to use it for speakers but he did not seem to know exactly what he was doing.

Thanks,

Bill