CENTER CHANNEL "BLACK BOX"

DRBILL

This is shameless, nevertheless:

Of my second run of CENTER CHANNEL "BLACK BOXES" I have three left. It is Figure 2, DOPE FROM HOPE, Vol 14, No 3 7/71. Compact size, neat appearance, unobtrusive, EXACT values.

First three to respond - $30, delivered. Send name and address.

drsrisinger@prodigy.net

DR BILL

It requires a mono amplifier for the center channel. It does not, in any way, intefere with the usual operation of your 2 channel equipment. This is the exact design of PWK using the exact values. "Wall of sound" as PWK called it.

I would have never undertaken this project, but some of the brothers are timid about design and soldering and researching the components. And I have a mission. Every night I listen to mine and wish that the whole world could hear it.

Send me you address and it goes out tomorrow. "Try it before you buy it!" I'll include a SA envelope. If I can't trust the FORUM, what's left? :-)

DR BILL

DRBill,

Wow, USPS just delivered the minibox this morning. This is a very neat looking unit. While I was expecting something that would be functional, I had not expected the compact little OEM looking case and control. Very slick looking. There is just enough room for the four gang barrier strip on the 1" x 2.5" x 1.5" black pcb case.

I haven't yet looked inside, but it will be my responsibility as a man to do so before long. Am really looking forward to experiencing PWK's "wall of sound" phenomenon later this weekend.

best regards,

Dee

p.s. the check is in the mail!

edit: sure wish I had a digital camera to post pics of this unit. waaay cool looking. 3.gif looks just like what one would imagine Mr. Paul have sitting on his amp stand.

as my late father would so often describe things:

"that's as cute as a monkey's a$$... it's neat, but not gawdy!"

Now you've done it. You will now be forever trapped in your workroom as the rest of us burden you with orders for the little magic box. Better build more, because I would like one too. I'm too busy building for other people to build anything for myself!

BTW, there is nothing "shameless" about offering something nice for others. The fact that it will cost them money has nothing to do with it.

STOP! QUIT! DON'T!

The little box is glued shut! RUN 1 was an ugly aluminum project box. Everybody said, "UGH!" So I went to the new design with an extra small footprint and crowded insides. I sez to myself, "if anybody opens this up and digs around, they are sure to short something or break something." So I used glue on some components AND the cover.

DESIST or you'll ruin the box.

GEEZ! I sent you a schematic! Use your imagination!

Note to DADDY DEE: You weren't the first. "'sokay."

DR BILL6.gif

I'm sorry. I really apologize to those on the waiting list. I have to go on to other things. This was a fun project and I hope that I introduced many to PWK's ideal of the "Wall of Sound". The sad reality is that my bench is stacking up and I was losing money.

Look. It is not rocket science. If sombody out there want's to copy what I did --or improve upon it, you would have my admiration and endorsement. Or make your own (Dope From Hope v. 14 #4, 7/71). If you want to make them in volume for others, don't forget to factor in your time! (I can supply a parts list and vendors.)

Me? I have some Anchor Porter and a couple of new CD's to audition. I'm the most fortunate man in the world. And on the bench is a Williamson (6SN7's with 6L6's in the final), being rebuilt like new, which will be a center channel for another fanatic just like me.

It isn't spoken for! 11.gif

DR BILL

I guess I am fortunate to have received one also. I haven't tried it yet since I have been traveling on business, but I will soon. Yeah, they look really nice and are definitely glued shut as I found that out too pretty quick.

Thanks Fr. Bill.