Ready for more,What to buy?

lwhaples

Hello, I have a 2285 Marantz that I tought was good,until I found this site and bought a Fisher KX100 amp and some KG4's. I am now ready to buy some more

Klipsch speakers. With only $700.00 to spend I was looking for some help. I will use them with either set up.I'm not happy with the speakers I have hooked up to the Marantz.Yes, this is a whole new adventure,and I blame my son for telling me to get a better sound . Thanks,Larry

If size is a factor go with the Fortes, then Chorus, then Cornwalls. The Cornwalls are very good, but do take up some floor space which is not always high on the WAF. Any of the three should come available in your price range if you are patient. You also hope to pick them up locally, otherwise the Cornwalls will cost you a bit to ship.

Floor space a problem? You are either gonna put a TV or 2C rack on that same wall so who cares about floor space? The Cornwall is actually quite shallow @ ~16" deep. Width is also a non-issue since you are not going to butt them against the the audio like some of those enviable enthusiasts on Asian audio sites. That said, the Cornwall does have a big facade compared to the Chorus or Forte. But, put on some good music, and any Heritage, Forte, or Chorus will give you great sound with decent front-end electronics. If you love great sound, make way for the equipment that will give it to you. How serious are you, anyway?

hello get the cornwalls, shipping can be a factor but not as much as some may think i had a pair shipped to me from mich. to md. speakers and shipping total was 750.00, couple sets on ebay now as far as space goes i now have 2 pair in my 1000 sq' house and the sound is amazing, you wont be dissapointed10.gif Joe

Hello, To answer Klipschfoot's question.How serious are you? Well,I have bought ,sold and traded for 4 different sets of speakers. Thinking the whole time it's getting better.Sound wise.But when I first hooked the KG4's up,I knew then I need to buy, sell,and swap again. Thanks again for the help. Larry