AmpHandle

Hi, there is a local dealer who went out of business and another place

bought all their inventory for closeout and I have the chance to buy the

Klipsch RF-7 or KLF-30 brand new, either model is only $850.00 for the

pair. There is no way to demo them for me to decide which to go

with, can anyone tell me which one is best to go with for 2-channel

music. Which is better on detail and being musical. I would

appreciate any help anyone can give me, thanks!!! Amp. 16.gif

personally, i would buy them both and then turn around and sell the pair that you don't want to keep....

you can easily sell the other pair for that much or even more!!!

i use the KLF-30's and prefer the sound over the RF-7's because of the midrange horn.... i think i get a better midrange sound with the two horns compared to the one horn on the RF-7's...

but either way - great choices!!!

9.gif

The RF-7s are shielded for use close to a TV. The RF-7s require a high current amp IMO. Bass response with a good amp is excellent. Home theater was the design goal of the RF-7s.

Otherwise, it is a two way design versus a three way design. The KLF-30s have a reputation as one of the best rock 'n roll speakers ever.

Bill

Which ever you don't decide to buy I would be interested in the other if they are in original cartons for shipping. I really would like to try KLF30's but would be just as happy with the 7's. Let me know !!!

This way your welcome to try and keep what you like with no gamble on resale. I can have Fed Ex just pick them up at your door !

Is this a fake post? No wonder they went out of business if they are holding on to new inventory as nice a new KLF30 speakers since 2001 and have not sold them. Are they demos? Even then a dealer would have moved them as 'demos' for a reduced price as new products came in. What gives?

I went to another place that carried Klipsch RF-7 and they would only go low as $1850.00

pair. The salesman told me that KLF-30 is old model not made any more

and RF-7 is superior in sound to it. I told him can get the RF-7's for $850.00

and he said it was way below their cost, so quickly headed back Warehouse

Liquidators to save the $1000.00, but still not sure which to get, when I got back

more people there and all going the RF-7's. They only had one left and I almost

lost out, didn't get to get first pick so got a box that had a dent hole in it but

I looked in noticed it didn't get speaker, enough space to miss it

so I got it. Only had two pairs of KLF-30. Decided go with RF-7

because people wanted that model most so thought better get it, plus talked to one

guy that getting pair RF-7 too and he said has a KLF-30 and RF-7 at

home, but want second pair RF-7. We talked more at his truck and he promised would

love the RF-7 to not worry. He said RF-7 is more detail in the low and high because

it's horn and cones are metal and the KLF-30 is polymer plastics. Said the RF-7 is

smoother sound. He said he was going to sell his KLF-30 now since he got 2nd RF-7

So guess will have to take his word. He sounds like he knows his stuff. He

also told me will have to get rid of my Yamaha stereo is will not work for

the RF-7 be too bright to listen said need to get a Rotel RB or Parasound Halo

and will be perfect, so wrote it down. Now I have to buy new stereo to run

the speakers. I have Cerwin Vega D-9 speakers are very nice sounding and he said

these Klipsch RF-7 will be nice upgrade from it and will hear a difference.

Don't know why still have KLF-30, I know that they said it came from

son and father owned store, the downtown store closed and sat 2 years and the second

store in the subs area stayed open til now, so they have inventory from both

stores they bought out. borrow my friends truck and picked the RF-7's up

I noticed KLF-30's were gone. They sold them too. I hate worrying about this

if I picked the right one or not. The speakers are heavy, I have in garage now

til I can get help to move it in the house but got to get a new stereo for it before

I can use the speakers. Oh well, i wanted to uprade it any way now i have to.

I can't imagine you being disappointed with the RF-7's. They are extremely nice speakers. Also, the guy you talked to gave some good advice - "Rotel RB or Parasound Halo". Don't limit your search to just those two brands (though they are great options) - the point really is get something good to drive the speakers.

Well, I'm more confused about KLF-30 and RF-7.

I hope I made right choice but some other folks

on the internet told me the RF-7 isn't good

as KLF-30 that Klipsch cheap out and took

mid-range horn off and then rise the price.

Now I thought RF-7 horn was for mid & tweeter?

But I found out the bass cones for mid.

Why would Klipsch take off mid-range horn?

I don't understand why it would be done???

Doesn't make sense. Heck, now it looks like

I could have f***ed up! I've been wanting

Klipsch horn for long time, I like it big

live sound and loud in my face and so wanted

that stuff but now it's only horn for tweeter.

Heck, i'm so pissed with myself!

Just another example of how dangerous the internet can be. The reason being that anyone and everyone can opine on a variety of topics. Klipsch's move to two-way (for some of their speakers) has always been controversial. Some only like three ways, some like two-ways. Personally, I enjoy the sound of both.

I agree with the others. Take a breath and stop driving yourself crazy.

The RF-7s are in the same league as the KLFs, and I am one of those who prefer RF-7s.

They are fine speakers. I kept mine even after acquiring nice Heritage.

Hook them up, listen to them first. If you like (or love them), don't worry about the opinions of others. Or, if you do care about their opinions, you can join the informal "defend the RF-7s" club in here, the group of us that defend those speakers in light of various comments.

Carl.

You didn't make a mistake- as the owner of both RF7s and KLF30s- I can honestly say that they both are great speakers(why do you think I still have the klf30s). I also have a pair of Chorus speakers(even though they have been in their boxes for the last 5 years)-they too sound different but still sound awesome-and I didn't think about dumping them when I picked up the KLF30s. don't listen too much what others say- you decide-if your happy then thats it-done deal. Don't fret about them-enjoy them!

Kman

Boy, you shoulda bought both pairs at the earliest possible moment - Selling one of the two pair would probably pay for BOTH! LOL. Around here, you can't even buy RF-7's for $1700!!!!

I can't imagine what new old stock KLF-30's, in original packaging, would command on Ebay... it would be a lot more than $850, that's for sure.

Some folks whine that the mid-range needs a horn and the RF-7s use cones up to 2,200 Hz. The RF-7s are one of the nicest speakers out there cones and all. They are also one of the best bargains in my system. I am constantly amazed at their versatility with both movies and music.

Corner placement will give great bass with a good amp. Good electronics will make the 7s sound very good; poor electronics will sound terrible. A DeanG crossover mod will make them sound great on the highs, very smooth and extended.

With the RF-7s it is important to play to their strength. It may take effort, but they are well worth the effort.

Bill