Into the deep with headphones

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 5/25/2005 8:24:27 PM khornn wrote:

My, my. I would think even someone with a PhD in Trollology could grasp such a simple concept. Perhaps if you and little Eddy were not so preoccupied with giving one another verbal reach-arounds, you could find some time to educate yourselves.

- Ian

----------------

Hi, Ian. All I can say is, nice try. But all in all, a pretty lame comeback. At least Alan's got some spark. Though he does misfire at times.

----------------

On 5/25/2005 8:24:27 PM khornn wrote:

My, my. I would think even someone with a PhD in Trollology could grasp such a simple concept.

----------------

Welcome back, "Ian." We haven't seen you since the infamous pizza thread that was shut down.

What simple concept are you referring to, anyway?

So, I must have way too much time on my hands (no reference to my last two posts intended) and I decided to do a little research into your other posts to see if they are as...well...creepy. As it turns out, many are. You actually referred to Parrot as "legendary" in the opening post on that SET thread a few weeks back.

That is wrong on many levels but does raise a few interesting scenarios: 1.) If Neo and Edwin would duke it out Klipsch BB style it would be like Bizarro Kelly v. Bizarro Paul; 2.) Edwin actually IS Paul, but only the forum identity that Paul uses when he doesn't have time to type out a clever post. This, of course, brings the "verbal reach around/masturbate" for peace concept full circle.

----------------

On 5/25/2005 10:25:31 PM kev313 wrote:

So, I must have way too much time on my hands (no reference to my last two posts intended) and I decided to do a little research into your other posts to see if they are as...well...creepy. As it turns out, many are. You actually referred to Parrot as "legendary" in the opening post on that SET thread a few weeks back.

That is wrong on many levels but does raise a few interesting scenarios: 1.) If Neo and Edwin would duke it out Klipsch BB style it would be like Bizarro Kelly v. Bizarro Paul; 2.) Edwin actually IS Paul, but only the forum identity that Paul uses when he doesn't have time to type out a clever post. This, of course, brings the "verbal reach around/masturbate" for peace concept full circle.
----------------

Creepy is a good word for it. I know some folks value his input on certain matters, but generally only tolerate him. We seem to have a genuine fan here. I think it's about to start raining frogs...

Oh, and thanks for doing your part to keep our kids' future safe!

----------------

On 5/25/2005 10:25:31 PM kev313 wrote:

----------------

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9.gif

That was really funny...........

EDIT: I'm still laughing. That was very good Kev.

This thread has really veered off course. Erik came here looking for some advice, but very few of the responses were relevant. I'm not going to name names here and call you out, but wouldn't it be nice if some of you thought for a moment before posting nonsense, long enough to decide if you were adding anything helpful to the discussion?

----------------

On 5/26/2005 2:33:33 PM Parrot wrote:

This thread has really veered off course. Erik came here looking for some advice, but very few of the responses were relevant. I'm not going to name names here and call you out, but wouldn't it be nice if some of you thought for a moment before posting nonsense, long enough to decide if you were adding anything helpful to the discussion?
----------------

I don't see Erik complaining. I have a feeling he's laughing (at you?) as hard as we are. Go start your own thread if you want to complain about topical tangents.

----------------

On 5/26/2005 2:33:33 PM Parrot wrote:

----------------

You are correct Paul - silliness is all around. Back on subject - headphones.....Stax - the only choice!

I have them at the office - very good too. Need a service actually - all the black foam stuff is falling out.

Am I the only person who hates the fact that when something comes out of the left channel only you only hear it in your left ear (with headphones that is).

Drives me to distraction! I am sure the whole absence of a credible soundstage is related to this.

----------------

On 5/26/2005 3:06:20 PM ben. wrote:

Go start your own thread if you want to complain about topical tangents.

----------------

You'd just follow me over there like a puppy dog. I estimate that some 1700 of your posts have offered nothing other than critiques of my thoughtful posts. It's too bad that you can't get enough attention on your own merits.

----------------

On 5/26/2005 3:11:45 PM maxg wrote:

Am I the only person who hates the fact that when something comes out of the left channel only you only hear it in your left ear (with headphones that is).

----------------

That is one of the huge problems with the nature of headphones, for sure.