Klipsch's customer service rocks - and thats no joke!

kenratboy

New woofer on the way (for my new F3's), while the bad one is currently sitting on my desk.

+1000 points for sending new part without sending the old one back first.

He11, they probably don't even want the old one back, what are they going to do, throw it away for me?

They'll do what good engineers do: Find out how and why it failed.

Just knowing that it failed is fairly useless.. 2.gif

K support is indeed awesome. My fortes arrived with fried tweeter diaphragms. 10 days later, I had 2 brand-new (freshly wound!) diaphragms.

I was a long-time Infinity user. Try getting a tweeter for any of their speakers that are not in current production.. try it. I dare ya. 9.gif

JBL was able to get me an out of production tweeter - for $20! It can be done.

I wonder if they will have freight paid return on the old one or what. Hell, I would even pay to return it as a reward for them shipping the new driver without any BS.

I can bet you anything that the woofer was built defective, but because it WORKS, it just slipped by.

Oh well, as long as I get my woofer, put in my Massive Attack CD, and it all works, it will all be good.

As a manufacturer of hand tools, we find that when you don't ask for the defective product back.... you get twice as much defective product. Some people will get away with whatever other people let them get away with. Too bad the honest people have pay extra price for those types.

You make handtools...yet you have Beavis in your avitar? Awesome 9.gif

Well, if Klipsch was sending me a whole new F3, that would be another issue, they are sending me a 'worthless' (by itself) part. What on earth would I do with a single 8" woofer of which I have no T/S parameters on?

----------------

On 4/1/2005 4:32:43 PM kenratboy wrote:

You make handtools...yet you have Beavis in your avitar? Awesome
9.gif

Well, if Klipsch was sending me a whole new F3, that would be another issue, they are sending me a 'worthless' (by itself) part. What on earth would I do with a single 8" woofer of which I have no T/S parameters on?----------------

In your case, it's a different story. But let's say your friend puts his foot through the woofer while you all are getting crazy one night. You could call and say "my woofer magically stopped working, send me a new one!". Those kinds of things are harder to get away with when you have to send it back.

Klenk Tools. Finest aviation snips in the world! Tell all your tinner friends Beavis told you so.

1.gif

Klipsch service has been rocking for a long time.

In 1985, one of the woofers in my brand new KG4s developed a buzz at low frequencies. I called Klipsch (after getting poor service from the dealer). Several days later a Klipsch rep came to my house (260 miles from Hope, AR) and exchanged all four of the woofers, just in case. He said they would analyze the defective woofer to determine the root cause of the failure. This was a new product and I think they were concerned about premature failures. I'm happy to report that those four replaced woofers are still rocking too!

----------------

On 4/1/2005 8:17:33 PM MrMcGoo wrote:

I predicted that Klipsch would have your Synergy F-3 up and running before B&W has the other fellow's 800D's woofer fixed. The guy with the $20,000 speakers got worse service that Klipsch Synergy!!!!

Bill
----------------

No doubt - but on the other hand, I can assure you his woofer was matched in a pair to those speakers, so that complicated things a bit!

Back in 85', about 6 months after I bought my Belle's new, I hit the wrong switch & sent straight feedback into the system, frying both tweeters.

I called Klipsch & asked for the price, telling them it was my fault for blowing them. They did not care, & sent me a new pair free.

Damm it makes me proud to know an American company will go out of their way to do the right thing. I love their products, (swear by them) and this is the kind of thing that will keep me a fan for life.

Their ethics and the way they do business is seldom seen in our world today.

Regards,

Bill Woodward

----------------

On 4/3/2005 1:20:11 AM 126mhz wrote:

Damm it makes me proud to know an American company will go out of their way to do the right thing. I love their products, (swear by them) and this is the kind of thing that will keep me a fan for life.

Their ethics and the way they do business is seldom seen in our world today.

Regards,

Bill Woodward
----------------

And the nice thing is you can directly reward them by buying their products, getting others to buy their products, and in my case, sell their products.

Just my two cents: Not to sound like a total brown-noser, here:

I could not agree more that Klipsch's customer service rocks! In fact, I dare say they may be the best example of what customer service should be like that I've ever witnessed. I needed new grills for an RF-7 and my RSW-15: No problem! They sent new ones to my dealer for me to pick up. No questions asked. I was one of the first to buy their ProMedia 5.1 system. I had all of the problems with them that everone else had, too. They replaced the volume control, then the subwoofer and then after the system was a year out of warranty, they replaced the whole dang thing and set me out a new Ultra system at no charge to me! Now, if THAT'S not a model example of what customer service is all about, then I don't know jack!

......and I DO know Jack! He seems like a nice guy! 9.gif ROCK-ON, KLIPSCH! 16.gif16.gif

Similar results and opinion here.

We ordered a pair of woofers for the Cornwall project, and 2 new brass nameplates. Got 'em in 3 days.

And to think that those woofers are only $129 each shipped - brand new - which is really a good deal for brand new 15" K33 woofers. They probably could charge more - but they don't. Those woofers appear well made, too - no flaws/imperfections - just perfect product.

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 4/1/2005 2:41:40 PM kenratboy wrote:

New woofer on the way (for my new F3's), while the bad one is currently sitting on my desk.

He11, they probably don't even want the old one back, what are they going to do, throw it away for me?

----------------

No, you keep the old one...it will make a killer firg magnet....

3.gif

----------------

On 4/3/2005 6:18:03 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

----------------

On 4/1/2005 2:41:40 PM kenratboy wrote:

----------------

No, you keep the old one...it will make a killer firg magnet....

3.gif

----------------

It makes my $500 computer monitor look all 70's 9.gif

Yeah, I can't imagine you guys would want it back. The defect seems 'standard' and you getting it just means you would have to throw it away on your dime. Not like you can reuse it!

ALSO:

What sort of tweeter do these guys use? They are TINY! The sound is, ummm, 'impressive' and 'loud', so they do their job 11.gif , but I assume it is some sort of neodymium or other magnate. Don't really care, just amazed how compact it is. The heat sink is a great touch. I might even modify it with some Artic Silver 9.gif

Order a new pair of La Scalas in Nov of 2003 waited until March of 2004 to get them and then one of the tweeters did not work. They sent a replacement for the crossover and the tweeter. It sucked that the tweeter did not work but Klipsch did not have to send a replacement for the crossover but they did. I work with computers and you can test it and it will work fine. But ship it to the customer and it has a problem. Does not mean I wasn't upset about the tweeter but Klipsch customer service did a great job for me!

Xman