Ebay Problem

McKlipsch

Hopefully you haven't paid for the amp yet? I would only give him a week to send you an invoice, after that I would contact eBay about the problem & leave appropriate feedback.

As a rule... I generally stay away from people with no feedback.

----------------

On 4/4/2005 5:34:09 PM McKlipsch wrote:

Won a amp 4 days ago still no contact from seller. He has O feedback. How long should i wait. Have a bad feeling about this one. What happens if you cancel a deal? Thanks

----------------

you can request the sellers contact information from ebay, since you were the winning bidder ebay will e-mail you his phone number. call him!!!! good luck

Above all else, be patient. You never know what's going on with his life and what kind of issues he may have personally, or with his computer, etc... I would never leave a negative feedback until at least a month beyond the end of a transaction.

Ebay has lots of tools and help at your disposal to do the "right" thing.

Greg

What Greg said unless of course you have a good reason to leave negative feedback before that month is up. A week with no contact would be enough for me to get out of Dodge.

DO NOT PAY until you have a REAL good feeling about the seller. Try calling and if he won't speak to you in person, forget it. Usually means they have something to hide, especially with 0 transactions. Could be a bad seller starting over fresh.

ebay and feedback is very important. I have purchased from folks that are new and have zero feedback but have emailed them prior to bidding and asked if I won, would they ship me the item before I pay. I have done this on several occasions and everyone wins.

They may have been sent away on business or personal problem, give it time.

I won some tubes on ebay a couple weeks back in a similar situation. About a week ago the seller emailed me very appologetic, he had been on vacation with the family. No big deal, I paid him and he provided me with a tracking number.

Chill, 4 days a bit, but I've waited longer. Certainly, if you haven't sent any $$$, then there truely is no reason to get worried.

Ebay can be scary at times. Give the person some time. Many times I have had a delay in answers to my emails only to find out that the person was on vacation, or had a family emergency. In all of those cases, the seller was very apologetic and really went out of their way to make me happy. Some even paid the extra out of their own pocket to ship priority! There are some scam artists on ebay. So, I tell people to never use the automatic checkout or pay via paypal unless you contact the seller first and get a quick (within one day) reply. In fact, if it is a big purchase, try asking questions prior to bidding to see how well they respond. If they seem to be ignoring emails, be careful.

Most people on ebay are honest, but as I said, there are some scam artists.

Bill B.

Dynaco PAS2's, ST70, home designed mono power amps, several Scott and Fisher amps, Marantz receivers. Speakers by KLH, AR, Mirage, ELectrovoice and soon, a pair of Heresys! Ok,you caught me. Yes, I am an amp tech and work on and design tube guitar and hifi amps and just plain love tube audio.

I agree with some others that say to wait for a month before you leave negative feedback or file a claim with eBay. Have you tried just sending the seller an email asking what happened? I've been selling/buying stuff on eBay since 2000 and I have only been stiffed once, and that was from a non-paying buyer. Contact is only my first option to try. It could be as simple as eBay system problems or your seller's computer. Be patient. 9.gif