Cornwall insulation replacement

cyclonecj

I just went down to the garage to do some work on my CDBR's when I realized that forgot to cover the open box.

Well, it seems my cat found my mistake before I did & made a nice new scratching post out of the insulation.

Since this is a family type forum, we will NOT discuss the cat in a manor that is fitting for her........

However, what we can discuss is that I now need to know what is the best way to replace the insulation. Is the original stuff still available? Or what is recommended as a replacement?

(BTW... the pic is ok, the box is upside-down)

IMG_2123.jpg

Try basslinear.com or Parts Express, I used the 1 1/2" egg crate acoustic panels on the three non opposing sides in a pair of Cornwall II's that I had. I think it was like $55 for 10-12 sheets of the stuff plus one can of Scotch Type 77 Hi-Tack Spray Adhesive.

The new stuff will most likely perform better than the tissue paper.

Bad Kitty!

There is a pretty funny thread about this exact subject that you might want to check out in updates and modifications.

Honestly looking at the picture, you don't need to do a thing. Not enough damage.

Right now I have 1 corn that's about 5 times worse than that from my cat. The other corn is only slightly damaged, barely at all. I can not hear any differences between the two.

Even though it's just toilet paper it does bother me and I'll probably change the stuff out, just like you probably will.

I think the materials the guys here refer to are some proven dampeners and would work well.

I heard that it takes 17 rolls of White Cloud to do a cornwall, but if you use Charmin, only 13 rolls.2.gif

"That looks like the right stuff, but its $40 per roll, & only comes in a bundle of 4 rolls, or $160."

Yes, but at 200 lf. per roll the four rolls would yield 800 lf, at about 8 lf per Cornwall cabinet, one purchase would be enough for 100 CORNWALL CABINETS! at a cost of $1.60 per box- now that's cheap padding!

PWK used great production methods and purchasing, must have made $$ like the US mint back in the 70's and 80's!

Michael