Thinking about F-3's

shane_0_mac

There's a dealer locator on the main klipsch site...I would start there and find a dedicated home audio store in your area. It'll probably be cheaper (options for discounts) and you'll get better service (most likely).

I would say $800 is a bit steep for a pair considering you could get a pair of chorus II's or forte II's or even cornwalls for that price or less. I've never heard the F-3's, but I would imagine they would be outperformed by the oldschool speakers (provided size wasn't a concern). Nevertheless, you'll certainly be very satisfied if you go with the F-3's, as they're a big step up from the KSB's you're currently using.

After more research I think I will scrap the F-3 idea. I want to go reference series. I think I will just buy over time as my budget allows it. I listened to a reference series set up at a local store and man was it sweet.

I am thinking a set up of, RF-35/RC-35 and RS-35 with a RSW 12 sub.

Do you guys think my HK AVR 235 is strong enough to power that system or will I need to upgrade to a stronger HK. Now we are probably talking six months before I get everything so I will still get good use out of my current HK :)

Plus the wife is out of town this weekend so I really get to test it out now :)

You can't buy new Reference (or any Klipsch except the BB stuff) off the internet...count on 20% as a GOOD deal...better percentage if you know your dealer but you should be able to get 20% if you show them the color of your money...

Good luck, Synergy on sale or Reference are nice...I am partial to Heritage but YMMV.

Bill

Do you guys think my HK AVR 235 is strong enough to power that system or will I need to upgrade to a stronger HK.

I use an h/k avr-325 with La Scala's as main and Heresy as center (set to +7 dB gain) and watch movies at -25 dB or so. You shouldn't have a problem considering RF-35 is only 6 dB less efficient than La Scala's. I crank it up to -10 dB on Hell Freezes Over on occasion, but higher than that is loud.

I went to 2 local dealers today and checked out the refernce series, All I can say is wow.

I am going to go with RC-35 center, RB-35 for fronts. the sub and surrounds is where I am still wavering on, both stores gave me different opinions.

One store said go with the RS-35 for rears and RSW10 for sub, he says the the RSW 10 outpeerforms the RW12.

The other store said go with RB 35 for rears and the RW 12 for sub.

Here are the prices ther have offered me so far, please let me know waht you guys think about the prices.

The system with RSW10 and RS-35's was $2300.00

The System with the RW12 and RB-35's for surrounds was $2400.00 and that included 4 nice speaker stands.

I am going to counter offer on both, which set up do you think I should go with and what should I offer realisticly

thanks guys

----------------

On 4/20/2005 2:14:53 PM shane_0_mac wrote:

The RSW series has 2 woofers from what I have been told, that is why he says the RSW 10 will out perform the RW 12. But when they were demo'ed for me they both sounded great.

----------------

Two woofers, but one is passive. The RW-12 is a ported design and I think the RSW-10 is sealed (less output, but faster and more accurate).

No harm done.

As for RS versus RB, it might depend on your room and whether you might listen to multi-channel audio (SACD, DVD-A). I think dipoles (RS) are better if you are stuck placing them close to the listenning position, but that regular speakers (RB) are better for music if you are able to distance them nearly as much as your front array. That's just my opinion.