O.T. Anyone else pull trailers?

BEC

----------------

On 4/14/2005 9:20:19 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

Very seldom for me.

Thanks for posting this pic. I'd been trying to imagine how you transport your inventory. That is alot of steel trailing your truck.

----------------

About 45 feet trailing the truck. At least it bends in the middle.

Bob

Oh man, Bob, you lucky guy. Trucks kick butt. Thanks for posting, that's good stuff. I've always wanted to get a truck, you can do so much with 'em. Helps when you have to haul big Klispch loads, doesn't it? Could probably get quite a bitta Heritage on there :)

-Jon

We can see the public access to our lake from the house, maybe 100 yards away. It's always fun to watch the guys that obviously don't trailer a boat very often trying to get backed in somewhat straight. The ones I HATE are the guys that pull up, back down the ramp, then get out and unhook the straps, get the cooler out of the car, get the picnic basket out of the car, sort out their tackle box and rods, check the oil/gas in the boat, hook up the trolling motor, on and on ad nauseum while someone else with their poop together waits to just back up, dump their boat and get out of the way.

Awfully clean spreader, btw. 2.gif Gotta love pressure washers.

Thats not mine; I pulled it off the web that was for sale.

I wish mine looked that nice, but mines not all dolled up to sell either. It gets dumped in every day and emptied once a week. I do need to pull it out of service for a weekend and clean it up tho. Mine is the same as that one.

Right now all my cleaning up and fixing is going into the 35 x 65 cinderblock dairy barn

barn.jpg

Would love to close off a portion of the hayloft and make a listening room. Maybe after the addition to the house that has been put on hold for now.

Some day I'll have it all done. Yeh right!!!

Steve

I pull a ski boat all summer, & I have both of my daughters trained on trailer pulling & backing them up! When we go to the lake, I drive the truck & boat & one of my daughters drives another car & pulling the jet ski. One time we got hit by a sudden storm, & while I was trying to get my boat off the shore, my daughter had to hook up the trailer & back it down the cliff to get to me. She did it perfect first time!

CTBBN: I agree on the watching the launch ramp. I tell everyone I know that the best show on earth is at the launch ramp.

It's either the man in the truck & wife in the car, or the other way around. With the wife in the boat, you just know the boat will end up on the truck or on the ramp. If the wife is in the truck, you know the backup will be a riot, with the husband yelling at her while circling the ramp in the boat. (Before I get yelled at, I know there are many exceptions, such as my daughters or my sister, who are very skilled at backing. But the majority of the time, it just seems to happen that way)

Then there are the people that like to untie the boat at the top of the ramp.... letting the boat slide off on the ramp.

And lets not forget those that forget the drain plug! I have seen more than a few people bend the trailer trying to rescue a boat that's full of water.

I pull a 5x10 behind my Jeep Wrangler.

I mainly take tree limbs and old building material to the dump.

When what I need at Lowes or Home Depot will not fit in the Jeep I take the trailer.

I used the trailer to pick up a pair of lascala's in Nashville (about 600

miles round trip).

I want a pickup truck.

Danny

By your picture, can I assume they let you pull two trailers in your state? CA does not allow it, but I wish they would. It would be nice if I could pull the jet ski behind the boat. The truck would never notice it, but the gas bill for the extra car would!

Count me in the towing department. Right now it's towing one of these on a regular basis:

speedster.jpg

My towing history includes everything from a 26 foot Cris-Craft to a horse trailer to various motorcycle trailers.

And yes, I will confess to having been a launch ramp entertainer on occasion. I will even confess to having forgotten to put in the drain plug once in my life.15.gif Hey cyclone - you're time is coming. Don't worry.1.gif

I too have told folks that if you're kinda bored and don't really know what to do, grab a 6-pack and head for your local boat ramp around 5:00pm on a Saturday or Sunday. Now for a truly festive time, go on a holiday weekend!6.gif

LOL....one 4th of July weekend, we hopped on a friends 28' boat with 3 other couples and boated over to a major state park launch ramp (5 ramps side-by-side). We anchored on the far side of the cove across from the ramps and watched the drunks load-out. OMG did we see some sights. Everything from incompetent trailer backing to boats almost driven over the winch post to husband & wife shouting matches. The owner of the boat we were on (Hal) had just the thing for this occasion (obviously he had done this before). He had (10) 8x12 sheets of thin white plastic bound together with three rings. Each sheet contained a number from 1 to 10. That's right, you guessed it. After each boat loading episode he'd hold up a number "grade" for all to see. I, and many others, thought it was funny. A few took exception to it.1.gif

Tom

----------------

On 4/15/2005 12:57:29 PM Tom Adams wrote:

Hey cyclone - you're time is coming. Don't worry.

----------------

My time has come & gone a few times......

Forgot the plug once. I had my daughter driving the boat around while I launched the jet. She yelled when the lunch box floated up to her feet. I just put in the plug & hit the pump.

Then a friend had me pull out his boat. There was no launch ramp, so he wanted me to use my 4wd. He hooked up the trailer & I started backing down the cliff. Somehow, the trailer beat me to the water.....by about 100 ft.