Jubilee project underway

bigdnfay

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't get the last few pics to load. I'll try later.

Marvel,

Working as fast as I can. Can't get back to them until weds, but hope to have them done by the weekend. then it's home for a test run. If they pass the test, then they're off to the finishing room.

Big D

----------------

On 4/24/2005 7:42:53 PM lwhaples wrote:

Darrell,They look Good! With all the pencil marks, looks like you had fun before any cuts were made. Keep posting the good work. Larry

----------------

"Measure twice, cut once!" Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

DR BILL

The work looks great. Of course, I have questions. How thick is the plywood you are using, and where did you get your plans?

I am so very impressed. I have been motivated to work in my own shop, and now see that I need to practice SO much more before I do anything even 1/10th this big.

Please keep sharing those photos.

1BB

BigBore,

I used 3/4 inch 9 ply birch plywood. I used my own layout but there is a good set of plans floating around on the forum. Our plans only differ by an 1/8 inch or so here and there.

These are just as complicated as the k-horns I built a few years ago, minus the compound cuts. So many little details. Still having a blast putting them together.

Big D

P.S Thanks for all the kind words folks.

And he still has all his fingers too.

Very nice work Darrell. From that last shot, it looks like you have a sealer or finish of some sort on those parts. Is it just the way the shot looks?

Marvel

Thanks again for the vote of confidence. It's killing me not to be able to work on them today. Got back to back dental appts. this week.

Marvel,

There is no type of finish on them as of yet. Don't want to waste time putting a finish on them until I hear them first.

Sunnysal,

I'm using the Pioneer woofers from the parts express catalog(a30gu40-51d). The uppers will be 511b horns w/ Altec 807-8a drivers and ALK ES700 networks. Hope this combination sounds alright. I've spent enough money.

greg,

Yes, I am building a pair. didn't think it was necessary to put both in the pictures. I would have had to stand across the room to get them both in a shot.

Best regards,

Big D

----------------

On 4/24/2005 9:27:57 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

Looks good! It's a reminder to me, that if I should ever tackle the Jubilee project, I'm ordering the bass bins from Klipsch. This carpentry is above my skill level.

----------------

Color me green with Dee and Dean.

Great job!!

Rick