The Final Star Wars

Amy

----------------

On 4/27/2005 7:18:06 PM jacksonbart wrote:

"That is one thing that really gets me is how poor the acting has been in the latest two."

While I don't disagree, Mark Hammil was hardly an Oscar candidate. He did his best work in 'My Corvette Summer'.

Some of the acting can be attributed to the screenplay; I mean some of the dialogue is really bad and forced. To hear Hayden Christensen whine that no one understands me and I am feeling this and this and this, oh boo hoo. What happened to subtly and not being so obvious about every thing? Its like they might as well have a narrator come on and said, "well Anikan was talented, but became cranky and short tempered because he missed his mom and Obi Wan treated him like a kid". I think where they really missed the boat is when Padime, gets scratched by that saber toothed grinning cat in that amphitheater in front of all those flying things; it should have ripped her top off. Further more Natalie Portman's wardrobe stylist should have gone with the idea that 'less is more and much less is much more'.

Oh, btw is her character like what 10 years older than Anakin? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

----------------

No don't bag on Hamil too much. He may not have been Oscar material but he certainly did a servicable job.. Not many actors up next to Harrison Ford and Chewy will look like Oscar material... I at least think Mark knew how to make Luke whine and it be believable without being annoying.

I loved the first three, or last three as it would go now. I think being young and the storyline being much better had alot to with it, and it had a certain vibe going on these new ones are completely lacking. I think these new ones for the new generation are more like make a buck to keep the Lucas ranch going gotta feed the cows stuff. It's just to bad they get second rate stuff. Sure they get eye candy, but those first ones back in the day were eye candy and exciting especially for the times. I hope the new one is awesome. I think the newer generation of star wars fans deserve much better.

I am definetly going to be there for the first showing. As for the acting, the oringinal 3 movies had the same or worse. People still make fun of Mark Hamills acting but who cares still awesome movies. I agree with the Disney feeling in the last couple of movies but i am really looking forward to this one as it should answer alot of questions from when i was a kid and its always kind of neat when evil triumphs, just like ESB.

"Not many actors up next to Harrison Ford and Chewy will look like Oscar material..."

Chewy (lol), yes but Hammil(again he is not too bad) had an advantage these new guys don't, there was a skinny english man in a goldish silverish metal suit of armour and a midget in a can on wheels to deliver his lines to. These new guys speak to a point on a blue screen. BTW, who played Chewy.

I have to chime in here. And this is just my opinion, I still respect the opinions of others.

I have loved Star Wars all my life. I have a veritable shrine of Boba Fett merchandise, about 100 of the original action figures, the original trilogy on VHS twice, imported DVD's of the original trilogy, and the new DVD set.

I've watched the originals twice since they came out on DVD, and while Jedi leaves something to be desired ( especially after the scene-skip-worthy musical number was put in in Jabba's palace), I will say that Star Wars and Empire are two of my favorite movies. So much fun, LOTS of REAL humor, and characters you care about.

That being said, I think Episodes 1 and 2 are two of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's like watching a storyboard (a bad one at that). I don't even own 1 and don't plan to, and I bought 2 for a few cool scenes and as a demo disc. They don't immerse you, they don't involve you, and you (or I anyway) don't really care what happens to any of the characters.

Now I hear Lucas is going to go back and change EMPIRE by inserting a CGI yoda....GOSH!!!!

Anyway, I will be going to see Episode 3, because it has Darth Vader, and Yes, it does look totally awesome. But the other two did when the trailers came out too....

Anyway, my 2 cents. I'll leave you with a quote by the venerable Seanbaby:

"Until they film a sequel to Scarface in the style of Weekend at Bernie's, the new Star Wars flicks will remain the worst letdowns in movie history."

God you got to love Chewy, specially when Hans gets frozen and he tells Darth AAAARRRRRGGGHHGG AAAAAAARRRRRGGGCGCG!!

How about the line he delivers when Lando turns over Hans and they walk into that white dinning room and Chewy says AHHHHHGH. A AAAARRRRRGGGHHGG.. UGG!!!

Chewy.JPG

post-16829-13819264371434_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

LOL!

I read somewhere that Chewy had real lines, and spoke them during shooting, but all were later dubbed to AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH.

I wonder what some of those lines were...

I love Chewy. Hopefully his role in the new film will kick butt!

At least it's Wookies this time and not Ewoks! The original script for Jedi was to have the final battle on Kashyyk, the Wookie homeworld. Then Lucas said 'Ewoks!' and producer Gary Kurtz left...:(

I read somewhere that Chewy had real lines, and spoke them during shooting, but all were later dubbed to AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH.

I wonder what some of those lines were...

I actually was lucky enough to read some of the orginal scripted lines like:

Hans asks Chewy, fix the hyper drive now!! Chewys response Wait, I have a batter on deck and there is no TP in the head, can I use your pillow?!!! Translated into AAAARRRGGGHHGGH..Argh.. Uggh uuh.. aaaarrruuhh. Hans response No, fix it now you dumb Wookie!!.

----------------

On 4/28/2005 1:52:30 PM jacksonbart wrote:

God you got to love Chewy, specially when Hans gets frozen and he tells Darth “AAAARRRRRGGGHHGG… AAAAAAARRRRRGGGCGCG!!”

How about the line he delivers when Lando turns over Hans and they walk into that white dinning room and Chewy says “AHHHHHGH…. A AAAARRRRRGGGHHGG.. UGG!!!”

----------------

Dude that was hilarious.

"God you got to love Chewy, specially when Hans gets frozen and he tells Darth AAAARRRRRGGGHHGG AAAAAAARRRRRGGGCGCG!!

How about the line he delivers when Lando turns over Hans and they walk into that white dinning room and Chewy says AHHHHHGH. A AAAARRRRRGGGHHGG.. UGG!!!"

Looks like Anakin has competition for best actor of the series2.gif

----------------

God you got to love Chewy, specially when Hans gets frozen and he tells Darth AAAARRRRRGGGHHGG AAAAAAARRRRRGGGCGCG!!

How about the line he delivers when Lando turns over Hans and they walk into that white dinning room and Chewy says AHHHHHGH. A AAAARRRRRGGGHHGG.. UGG!!!

----------------

LOL!!!!!9.gif

Hey, be nice to the Wookies!

After all, my resources are already stretched to the max trying to save the poor defenseless Naugas and Neoprenes from senseless slaughter! I don't have the time to take up for the Wookies too!!2.gif16.gif

The trailer does look good but I don't know if Lucas is going to let it be dark enough that it needs to be. After all the good guys are going to get whupped from one side of the galaxy to the other.

The movie I'm *really* looking forward to is Serenity.

Shawn

In response to "the earlier ones seem more technologically advanced", you must remember that the original trilogy (4,5,6) was after the fall of the republic, in a poor almost decimated galaxy overrun by a greedy empire. It is not as prosperous anymore. We see the galaxy from the view of the rebel alliance, poor and in hiding, not the glorious republic on coruscant.

Also, i have tickets for wednesday at midnight and thursday after work.

i'll admit episode 1 and II were pretty crappy, but when i saw them with my little sister, i realized that those movies weren't made for the old generation. She's 11. Those first two movies are awesome in her opininion. They are happy, bright movies, with interesting almost flamboyant characters. When you think of the trilogy as being seen in order of 1-6 by someone who has never seen them, it works quite well, with a colorful glorious galaxy slowly turned to ruble and ovverrun.

Now, this doesn't mean that episode 1 and 2 standing on their own are anything more than rubbish and Lucas clearly is like all of us Klipsch owners here and has a serious upgraditis bug.