cute solution for us vintage amp guys...another speaker adaptor...

sunnysal

I would think someone was being somewhat anal myself2.gif I suggest that someone should look inside the component and see what is on the other side before going to this extreme measure.

These will work just fine for 5.89 a pair. In Fact I bet they would work better.

Banana%20Adaptor.jpg

I just can't buy the "monster" cable thing yet. I admit, I haven't tried it, and I am looking forward to some comparative listening so I can hear the difference with various speaker cables. But in this particular application, why not just wire directly to the posts on the amp?

I use the logic of old SCSI computer devices: the more connections the more interference. Does it apply here, also?

----------------

On 4/27/2005 5:14:00 PM smuttynose wrote:

But in this particular application, why not just wire directly to the posts on the amp?

I use the logic of old SCSI computer devices: the more connections the more interference. Does it apply here, also?

----------------

Of course it does!

More connections = greater resistance, regardless of what magic material they are made of.

But don't tell anyone!

It spoils one group's fun in laughing at the other group, and the other group feels offended!

So just laugh quietly!9.gif9.gif

----------------

On 4/27/2005 4:51:43 PM NOSValves wrote:

I would think someone was being somewhat anal myself
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif"> I suggest that someone should look inside the component and see what is on the other side before going to this extreme measure.

These will work just fine for 5.89 a pair. In Fact I bet they would work better.

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Banana%20Adaptor.jpg" border=0>

----------------

Now that looks practical indeed! Where do you get them? Is there also a practical solution for vintage amp to rca plugs. The rca plugs are bigger these days and won't always fit next to each other on vintage amps!

I guess no one has ever really seen the ones craig posted, I own some, they only work for thin stripped wire and banana plugs, they will not grab any kind of spades...unless slipping one tang in is considered grabbing. so if you have spades on your speakers wires only bizzy bee and this guy have the answer...believe me...tony

----------------

On 4/27/2005 7:02:24 PM sunnysal wrote:

I guess no one has ever really seen the ones craig posted, I own some, they only work for thin stripped wire and banana plugs, they will not grab any kind of spades...unless slipping one tang in is considered grabbing. so if you have spades on your speakers wires only bizzy bee and this guy have the answer...believe me...tony
----------------

On really ??? I'm using then with 12 gage now ?????

Craig

----------------

On 4/28/2005 9:02:45 AM sunnysal wrote:

criag, you say you put spades unto them? how did you do it? thanks, tony
----------------

Craig said 12 GA, not spades. I have 12 GA in mine too and there's room to spare. But with the wider, thicker spades, I agree, I can't get these don't work very well.

----------------

On 4/28/2005 10:17:59 AM sunnysal wrote:

no spades...well, I hope no one buys them on your recommendations who has spades, that was my intention of posting my observations...but I guess you guys have stock in the company or something...best of luck, tony
----------------

Why so edgy?

well, this forum is, in part, intended to help share information. I was trying to help make clear what the new interface could do, the bizzy bee could do, and the chinese POS (of which I have 8) adaptor could do. NO spades, just bare wire and bananas...anyone who has spades cannot use the chinese POS...craig´s answer post was that his wire was thick...I just want to make sure others on the board do not buy the POS thinking it works with spades...if I was terse I apologize...tony

I never said a word about spades where is that coming from? If you read your post you stated small wire only I'm sorry I didn't micro post! I was stating they except 12 GAGE BARE WIRE or LARGER for that matter. Why would someone use spades and then another connector? Multiple connections are a degragation more then any other option. These basically are Spades that will also except Banana plugs.

Craig