The high powered PP deabte (again)

----------------

On 5/1/2005 11:11:23 PM jt1stcav wrote:

So, where are all the PP bashers?
11.gif

----------------

If your PP is getting bashed, your seat's too high.

----------------

On 5/1/2005 10:14:31 PM NOSValves wrote:

Now that is a Car! I don't drive 200 MPH often but hey its great when you can if the urge arises!

corvette1.jpg

----------------

If we're going to talk about cars on a thread about PP, I think something like this would be more appropriate. This applies to SET as well.

flintstone_car.jpg

flintstone_car.jpg

These old cars didn't measure well. But they did some things right that no piston powered, rubber tired car will ever be able to. For one thing, the acceleration was incredibly smooth. It wasn't particularly powerful, although not bad with Fred helping. These cars used muscle power, which is inherently smooth and liquid in nature. Piston engine cars can approach this smoothness by using more pistons, and with carefully design counter weights. But perceptive drivers can always feel the vibration.

Stone wheels could reveal subtle irregularities in the road to a level no rubber tired vehicle will ever even get close to. I'll stand by that.

See the look on Fred's face? That tells it all.

----------------

On 5/1/2005 7:10:19 PM Painful Reality wrote:

Meanwhile I'm going to dance to the sound of my low powered PP at 90 dB.

Photo 816_360x480.jpg

and ride this beauty...

Photo 810_640x480.jpg

See you in 7 pages?

----------------

Well, I was going to tell you to get on your bike, but it looks as though you've already done that! 2.gif

P.S. I like your sense of humour.

----------------

On 5/1/2005 10:32:57 PM Painful Reality wrote:

Looks like a cross between the Batmobile and a El Camino!

Didn't Batman wore Spandex?

If you want to ride fast, might as well to do it with style!

b911-55.jpg"
----------------

You sit in the passengers seat for a 1/4 mile blast and you would wish it was the Batmobile. A car like that could easily snap you neck as it leaves the line pulling a 1.1 second 60 foot time hanging the front tires in the air, Clicking off the 1/4 mile in low 7 second or better range at 200 MPH a thrill that is way more addicting then some weak kneed sports car. Been there and done it.

Craig

----------------

On 5/2/2005 7:46:41 AM NOSValves wrote:

I played for 15 years with this one talk about a money pit!

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Camaro67_5web.jpg" border=0>

----------------

I can still hear the commercials: Sunday, Sunday - Niagara Speedway...

Enjoyed the same with my Challenger. Can remember doing about 155 going North on Route 81.

I know what you mean Tom, while I find the even truncation to be more soothing (i.e. .8, .6, .4, .2) the odd is quite grating (i.e. .25, .5, .75 and the dreaded .7935), dont even get me started on partial zeros! tony

----------------

On 5/2/2005 2:25:16 PM sunnysal wrote:

I know what you mean Tom, while I find the even truncation to be more soothing (i.e. .8, .6, .4, .2) the odd is quite grating (i.e. .25, .5, .75 and the dreaded .7935), dont even get me started on partial zeros! tony

----------------

I have much trouble with the eight digit, i.e. 70658248 a sample of that makes me wish for the the feedback of Jimi Hendrix.

Still I do get my exercise with push - pull, but after a while it is tiring and I do SET down.

One other problem that I have with digital - my ring starts to interfere.

----------------

On 5/2/2005 9:53:11 AM sunnysal wrote:

the problem with my digital amp, is that as a "flea" digital amp it rolls off at high volumes I only get 3/4s and 1/2s instead of 1s and 0s...talking about clipping! tony

----------------

You need more digital amps, one for each driver, and some digital processing in the form of an active crossover. Since I got set up this way, I can hear each 1 and 0 so clearely that I could dictate every bit while listening to music if I could only type fast enough.

you're kidding yourself! science tells us that even triamped, digital amps will only give us 1s and 0s if we have enough POWER...science also tells us that if we use too much power we can get 2s and double 0s...so we must...oh never mind...

tony