The high powered PP deabte (again)

I recently spent some time listening to some high powered PP. Interesting experience. High power PP offers a unique and somewhat larger window into which real music is less compressed but deprived of the life of music when reaching out into the listeners ears. It's quite attractive at the high loudness high powered PP is capable of. It's like listening to Jurassic Park on a home theatre. It amazes me that those that listen exclusively to these amplifiers, don't recognise this. One high powered PP amplifier I listened to, in fact two Bogen MO-100A were amazing. Amazing that so much amplifier made so little life! I wouldn't attempt to drive a Klipschorn with these. You would need a Magneplanar perhaps a B&W to do justice to your music.

Meanwhile I'm going to dance to the sound of my low powered PP at 90 dB.

Photo 816_360x480.jpg

and ride this beauty...

Photo 810_640x480.jpg

See you in 7 pages?

post-11019-13819264505896_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 5/1/2005 11:11:23 PM jt1stcav wrote:

So, where are all the PP bashers?
11.gif

----------------

I hate mine! It doesn't sound digital enough. When I listen to CDs, I can't tell if I'm hearing a 1 or a 0. That's why I prefer digtal amplifiers, with lots of digital processing in the signal path.