Price for Klipschorns

bitece

What could one reasonably expect to pay for a pair of Klipschorns? Assuming the condition is as the seller claims (excellent) would $2500 be a fair price? I'm not looking to "wheel and deal." I fully expect to pay the price requested as long as it is based on a used product's current market value. I guess I'm just searching for some opinions as to what a fair price may or may not be.

I have not seen the speakers but I would obviously request some visual representation of the their condition prior to making my decision.

Depends on the year, finish, condition, and of course, location, location, location (make sure you have the right real estate--corner the market, so to speak).

More info:

Walnut finish built in 1980. Might be able to cut price to $2000. Six hour round trip to pick them up. So for $2000,a six hour round trip and the expected dismay and aggravation I'm sure to receive from my wife I ask if these K-horns are worth it?

2 grand for a pair of walnut Klipschorns seems fair.

I have had a lot of luck lately with 'Wanted to Buy' adds on Audiogon. Typically, people looking to sell without the hassel of running an ad and dealing with lowball offers from buyers will check these listings first.

I ran a WTB on Audiogon for Khorns and La Scalas. I bought a pait of '85 Khorns for $1650 in Oiled Oak in sweet shape and had an offer for $750 for La Scalas, but thet were too far from home to do it.

FYI, I have had my Khorns for 4 days and they are worth any and all BS from your wife, I promise you.

2 grand for a pair of walnut Klipschorns seems fair.

I have had a lot of luck lately with 'Wanted to Buy' adds on Audiogon. Typically, people looking to sell without the hassel of running an ad and dealing with lowball offers from buyers will check these listings first.

I ran a WTB on Audiogon for Khorns and La Scalas. I bought a pait of '85 Khorns for $1650 in Oiled Oak in sweet shape and had an offer for $750 for La Scalas, but thet were too far from home to do it.

FYI, I have had my Khorns for 4 days and they are worth any and all BS from your wife, I promise you.

Looks like I'll have to pass. Just checked Mapquest and it's a an 11 hour round trip. We're moving in 2 weeks. I just can't commit that much time right now. If someone near NY's Adirondacks is looking for K-horns here's your chance!8.gif

----------------

On 5/4/2005 11:15:07 PM Tubes, Horns, and Buds wrote:

----------------

I have to agree with you completely. I placed a "want to buy ad" on Audiogon that said I was looking for Belles or La Scalas and within a week someone contacted me wanting to unload a pair of Belles and a custom made subwoofer for $1700. Fair price not a steal but I was happy to get them. If you really want some khorns I would give it a try. 10.gif

Too bad bitece the khorns and heresy would have made a great front/rear HT set up. Six hours I probably would have done it11 is a bit much.

For future Khorn buyers I paid 2,300 for 87 WO Khorns in darn nice shape and 85 WO Heresies in ok but no where near great shape. I would have gladly paid 2500 just for the khorns because they were the finish I wanted and close to my house. I feel if they are close enough to pick up and in good overall shape the closer you get to 2K is a good buy for the buyer the closer to 3K the better for the seller. If you score them for under 2K grab em and rundont look back.

BTW, now that they are in my house and cleaned up I would not take 3K for them.

On 5/5/2005 4:56:27 AM Frzninvt wrote:

I am near Plattsburgh, NY in the Adirondacks, where abouts are the Klipschorn's? Please PM me with the info if you would. Thanks.

Let me know if you end up with one too many pairs! 2.gif

(Although I must admit I'm pretty happy with the La Scala's these days! I can't seem to get to bed before midnight, listening to music!)

Peter, these are about 150-175 miles from me and they are 1980 Walnut Oil models from what I know. '80 is a good year! They will have the K-55V with the soldered terminals in them and the AA network. My interest in them was to possibly get them to swap with my '88 Oak Oil mains to match the other Walnut speakers that I have. If you want a crack at them - go for it!!! Here is your chance to get the real McCoy's!

Charles,

I'm definately interested!

Unless you want to get them to complete your match and sell the other pair...

I need to check out these finishes to see what suits me best. I wouldn't even know off the bat.

Thanks!