Just bought KHORNS!!!!!

Just finished doing the dishes before the wife gets home. Just purchased a very nice pair of khorns with fully upgraded crossovers. Will pick them up in a few days hopefully as it will be a 6 hr round trip.Heres a few picks.

post-15495-13819264681364_thumb.jpg

No but heres a quote from DeanG "Well, someone went ape #### and did a beautiful job. I see copper foil wiring (probably Alpha Core), Jensen copper/foil Paper in Oils in the HF section (hideously expensive), and some other caps I can't identify. However, considering the quality of work and quality of the parts I can recognize, it's not likely anything in that network is cheap or done halfway. I can't identify the network type from the picture, but since the picture shows the autoformer still in use -- we can safely assume it's a Klipsch network (circuit). '84 should be the AK network, but since he modded it, he may have upgraded it to a newer network."

The guy is gonna call me back in a while with directions and details .I'm excited.

16.gif

Well I just got off the phone with the gentlemen I bought the speakers from. Well he definatly loves his audio also. He explained he spent between 700-800 upgrading the crossovers. He also asked if he could hook them up one last time so he and I could have a listen before I took them. Get this he started going down a list of stuff he has like tube amps ad stuff and Meridian speakers and such. He said he had some Cary 805c monoblocks "laying around" that he could hook up if I'd like to listen to them. Im very excited to go get theese speakers, and to know their history. I can't wait!!3.gif3.gif3.gif

----------------

On 5/3/2005 6:04:40 PM charlieboy wrote:

He also asked if he could hook them up one last time so he and I could have a listen before I took them.

----------------

Don't be shocked if he doesn't want to go through with the deal. He may decide he just can't let them go.

----------------

On 5/3/2005 6:14:36 PM charlieboy wrote:

Ha. He said he brought them out into a hallway to take the pics. He has a 3 story house he says I hope theese are not on the 3rd story.

----------------

bring friends just in case6.gif