My Home Theater Video

JBRichter

rplace,

I like the Carada allot. Comparing to other more expensive screens, I felt it was the best for the money. I went with the brilliant white because the projectors out there will just keep getting better with contrast ratio. It's your standard 16:9 (1:78:1). I went back and forth with the 1:85:1 because most DVD's are that format. In the end, I thought I would probably still watch more HDTV.

Indy,

Yes, it was fun!

I am with you on the brilliant white. I got samples from Carada and Stewart. I was expecting to go with a gray screen...but brilliant white from Carada won out over all. A nice bonus was that it was about 1/3 the price of a Stewart even though I did not factor in price to my decision.

I went with the 2:35 to 1 aspect ratio. I was on the fence about it but don't regret it at all. Way cool to watch a movie like LOTR filling the entire screen. I see more and more new releases on DVD going the 2:35 route over 1:85