Does anybody here like golf?

Sputnik, you forgot about my favorite club, the Mashie Niblick (I think equivalent to a 7 iron) 1.gif.

I used to play 3 times a week for several years. Then I got married (17 years ago) and it went down to twice a week. Then about 9 years ago I went into an MBA program and it drpped to twice a year and I never got back to playing regularly.

In my bag are -very dusty- Hogan Edge irons (1985), and Wilson Killer Whale 1,3,& 5 metal woods (1995). I also have some old 7 wood that used get me out of trouble often. My putter is a no-name thing that I have had for over 25 years. I tried to replace it with Ping and other premium brands, but it would always end up back in my bag because it just felt better.

----------------

On 5/10/2005 10:17:51 PM Seadog wrote:

Sputnik, you forgot about my favorite club, the Mashie Niblick (I think equivalent to a 7 iron)
1.gif

----------------

Thanks. I'd hate to be caught without my trusty Mashie Niblick. Also, it should have been Spade Mashie (not "Spode" - maybe that's Scottish 2.gif ). I also forgot the Pitching Niblick. Are there others?

1967 Wilson Staff irons (just put them back in the bag in favor of some 3-year old Pings)

Wilson R-90 Sand Wedge

Ping Anser putter (in my bag for almost 30 years)

Ping G2 Driver 8.5 loft

Callaway "Strong 3" 3-wood

Ping i3 5-wood

Currently playing to a 12 handicap. Have been as low as a 6 many years ago . . .

So I go to Florence Alabama for two days at the new Robert Trent Jones golf trail courses (2) and return to find several posts. Me happy

OK

Mizuno MP29's 2-PW 2 sets Rifle standard 7.2 tree trunks! soon re-shafting to Project X 6.0's or 6.5's.

Alternate between Cleveland 485 56* (2) 1 tour issue, and MP 29 Sand wedges

Srixon XXIO 14.5* strong three

New Ping G-2 driver...hate it, Too big!!!! it's getting traded tomorrow for the new Titleist 905T 8.5*

Purestroke perserverance putters (2) hand made TP Mills (1) Ordering a new TP Mills 254 (Tommy Armour 3 record setter)

----------------

On 5/11/2005 10:12:13 PM m00n wrote:

Wife got me a set of "Bear"? Something like that. They are not all that great I'm sure, but that's fine. My golfing is not very good. I'm happy if I just get it up off the grass.

----------------

m00n,

Those would be Jack Nicklaus designed clubs. Not bad. Certainly not the best but better than a set of Knights!14.gif

----------------

On 5/11/2005 10:29:59 PM garymd wrote:

----------------

On 5/11/2005 10:12:13 PM m00n wrote:

Wife got me a set of "Bear"? Something like that. They are not all that great I'm sure, but that's fine. My golfing is not very good. I'm happy if I just get it up off the grass.

----------------

m00n,

Those would be Jack Nicklaus designed clubs. Not bad. Certainly not the best but better than a set of Knights!
14.gif

----------------

Yes, now that you mention it, someone told me they were by him. NO worries, I could do just about as well with a stick.

I do like the game, it's fun and relaxing yet good exercise. Wife likes it as well. Got a driving range about 2 miles from the house, I should get some lesssons.

Ben Hogan Medallion Irons (3-W,GW&SW) Rifle Shafts

Titleist 975D 8.5 degree Driver

Callaway steelhead 3 and 7 Metal Woods

Ping Scottsdale Answer Putter

30 years ago a 4

20 years ago a 7

10 years ago a 10

Last year - a 15

Allan, I once had an original R90 but during a fit of anger, (after a shank) I chucked it into a pond. Yes, I went in after it and was up to my neck in the leech invested water. I felt lots of balls but no R90. What an idiot! The next day I shot 89 in the State Open and blamed it on a 20 yard flip shot that I chili dipped with a pitching wedge.