Best $200 Cartridge..........?

flegz

hEY!

Just got my 2 Dynakits (ST-70 & PAS2) back from Bill Bittle//Archangele's Vacuum Tube Audio// http://home.alltel.net/wbittle1/

What an AWESOME job he did refurbishing these 2 old beauties!! They truly sound & Look magnificent. I highly recommend his services..! Honest, Old School Quality Service.....

I am now looking for a Nice Phono Cartridge to Compliment this system, somewhere in the $200 range. I have a Sony PS-x700 Biotracer TT

The Shure V15VXMR was my first choice, but it is getting very hard to find, and I was outbid on the last 2 from Ebay...

Any other recommendations?

THANKS!! 1.gif1.gif

Bill is in SUNNY 10.gif10.gif10.gif FLORIDA>>>>>>

Great Guy, Gave me Nightly Updates, Even sent both my units back to me before my Personal Check cleared!! Really Fair Pricing // Takes his time to get it right..

He also just finished an EICO HF-81 for me, it was in really bad shape!!!

I should have it back next week......

One of the GOOD-GUYZ...!!

----------------

On 5/13/2005 10:34:32 AM NOSValves wrote:

Bill is a great goy in Florida I have chatted back in forth with him for years. He is the old school for sure. I have never seen his work so some photo's of the work would be cool.

Craig

----------------

He sounds like a pretty unique figure for Florida!, I mean, not being Cuban etc. By "old school" you mean BC?

(Before Castro). heh heh.

or AD (After Diodes)?

"I have chatted back in forth with him for years",

Wow, your phone bills must be even more than the one's to Ferndale CA!

C&S

oops, you killed it.....darn edit.....

----------------

On 5/13/2005 3:18:22 PM flegz wrote:

Thanks.. Grado gold is a MM or MC? Will it work in the Phono stage of the PAS2?

----------------

All Grado's are moving magnet types. It's interesting because Joe Grado invented the moving coil.

----------------

On 5/13/2005 10:57:16 AM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

----------------

On 5/13/2005 10:34:32 AM NOSValves wrote:

Bill is a great goy in Florida I have chatted back in forth with him for years. He is the old school for sure. I have never seen his work so some photo's of the work would be cool.

Craig

----------------

He sounds like a pretty unique figure for Florida!, I mean, not being Cuban etc. By "old school" you mean BC?

(Before Castro). heh heh.

or AD (After Diodes)?

"I have chatted back in forth with him for years",

Wow, your phone bills must be even more than the one's to Ferndale CA!

C&S

oops, you killed it.....darn edit.....

----------------

What the heck is a LD phone bill ??? If your still paying for LD then you need to shop around! $20 a month and you have unlimited LD for all of north America. When I say I have chatted with him I meant on the Scott list server I think we have talked on the phone 2 or 3 times. Nice guy but to much into the "Stock rebuild is the only way camp" for me. At least I can say about Bill that I seriously don't think he would misrepresent himself or screw up someone's gear. The same can't be said for someone else that hangs out on the Scott list server2.gif Now mind you I do not personally know Bill just my impressions from reading his posts.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm Bill of Archangele Audio and I have only lived here in sunny Florida for the past couple years. I was living in the Baton Rouge Louisiana area for the past 10 years and

prior to that I lived in upstate N.Y. on the Canadian / U.S. border near the Thousand Islands.

As Craig said, I am old school with respect to audio. I just plain like the stuff and now that I am working at it full time I hope to get more and more business. I will work on pretty much anything in tube audio, but am most experienced with Dynaco, H.H. Scott, Bell, McIntosh, Fisher, Eico, and Marantz. I also like working on classic guitar amps and know most Fender, Sunn and Gibson wiring diagrams by heart. Ok, I also know many Scott, McIntosh and Dynaco wiring diagrams as well. I have rebuilt several vintage (pre 1965 vintage) Fender amps which have actually been used in studio recordings in the New Orleans and Baton Rouge areas. I have been reworking amps for around 40 years now. But, one time about 10 years ago I found a pretty tired old Scott 299C and decided to not just fix it but totally electronically restore it. The result was really great and one thing led to another. People started asking me over the internet if they could send me their amps and such to be rebuilt. I must admit that at first I thought it was kind of an odd idea what with shipping costs. But when I saw the kind of work some shops did and what they charged, I knew I could do better for the same price or some times even less. And that was including round trip shipping. I have also 'fixed' and actually had to totally rewire a few modern production tube amps. I was amazed that amps costing over $5,000 could have such silly mistakes and such sloppy wiring. I'm sure Craig has some horror stories and can relate. Craig is cool and one of the few people I have talked to who does not think I'm bonkers replacing all that I do and taking the time to match resistors and such.

So, if anyone has tube audio that needs to be made right, feel free to contact me. Like I said, I work on guitar amps as well as hi-fi so if you have a dead H.H. Scott or a Fender, I work on them all and know them quite well.

Bill B.

Archangele Audio:

http://home.alltel.net/wbittle1

Hey!

This guy is the "Real-Deal"!!

I have been really enjoying the Pas2 & ST-70 Bill refurbed for me. I just recieved the Eico HF-81 tonight!!

Can't wait to install it in the Cab and give it a Whirl!

Bill is HONEST...and a true ARTIST!!

I would recommend him to anyone AAA+++

THanKS Bill!!!!!!!,

....You make Garage Sales Fun!!

Peace,9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif16.gif16.gif16.gif16.gif16.gif

----------------

On 5/24/2005 6:38:40 PM archangele wrote:

Hi all,

I'm Bill of Archangele Audio and I have only lived here in sunny Florida for the past couple years. I was living in the Baton Rouge Louisiana area for the past 10 years and

prior to that I lived in upstate N.Y. on the Canadian / U.S. border near the Thousand Islands.

As Craig said, I am old school with respect to audio. I just plain like the stuff and now that I am working at it full time I hope to get more and more business. I will work on pretty much anything in tube audio, but am most experienced with Dynaco, H.H. Scott, Bell, McIntosh, Fisher, Eico, and Marantz. I also like working on classic guitar amps and know most Fender, Sunn and Gibson wiring diagrams by heart. Ok, I also know many Scott, McIntosh and Dynaco wiring diagrams as well. I have rebuilt several vintage (pre 1965 vintage) Fender amps which have actually been used in studio recordings in the New Orleans and Baton Rouge areas. I have been reworking amps for around 40 years now. But, one time about 10 years ago I found a pretty tired old Scott 299C and decided to not just fix it but totally electronically restore it. The result was really great and one thing led to another. People started asking me over the internet if they could send me their amps and such to be rebuilt. I must admit that at first I thought it was kind of an odd idea what with shipping costs. But when I saw the kind of work some shops did and what they charged, I knew I could do better for the same price or some times even less. And that was including round trip shipping. I have also 'fixed' and actually had to totally rewire a few modern production tube amps. I was amazed that amps costing over $5,000 could have such silly mistakes and such sloppy wiring. I'm sure Craig has some horror stories and can relate. Craig is cool and one of the few people I have talked to who does not think I'm bonkers replacing all that I do and taking the time to match resistors and such.

So, if anyone has tube audio that needs to be made right, feel free to contact me. Like I said, I work on guitar amps as well as hi-fi so if you have a dead H.H. Scott or a Fender, I work on them all and know them quite well.

Bill B.

Archangele Audio:

----------------

Bill,

I'm going to give you a hint your not going to get very far around here if you don't join in and partake in the subjects at hand. If you just post to promote yourself people are going to get turned off fast. I for one already have been turned off to your posting style here and elsewhere it looks like your just around to make a buck. I mean posting what you do with every post is pretty ridicules. Don't you read other peoples posts?

Craig

----------------

Bill,

I'm going to give you a hint your not going to get very far around here if you don't join in and partake in the subjects at hand. If you just post to promote yourself people are going to get turned off fast. I for one already have been turned off to your posting style here and elsewhere it looks like your just around to make a buck. I mean posting what you do with every post is pretty redicules. Don't you read other peoples posts?

Craig

----------------

Craig,

I started this thread, Not Bill! I am also new to this Forum, and think it is one of the coolest around. Great, unselfish, and honest members who seem to really want to help and share their experience and opinions. I found Bill on this site just weeks ago, and knew right away that he was the kind of person I would like to do "biz" with.

There are not many quality tube guys like you and Bill around that not only know what they are doing, but also are HONEST, and have an incredible passion for all of this.

I am glad that Bill introduced himself and his skill-sets here. He is a great addition to this Forum. Members here seem intelligent Craig, not sure if they need you monitor what someone else is posting, and I'm sure they know your motivation is not to "protect" them. Bill was responding to a thread started by me, and has 15 posts on this forum to date. People in this thread were asking questions about Bill. He responded,....Why do you have a problem....?

I started this tread because I was really stoked about how great my DynaKits turned out, Sorry to Bill for setting him up to be Flamed!!

Keep plugg'n Bill!!! Your the real deal!!1.gif

For the record, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Bill...Very knowledgeable, Very HONEST, and FAIR. A pleasure to do business with. I doubt he will respond to Craig with the same attitude he was dealt......

Peace............2.gif2.gif