Why?

rplace

Ha, not only that, but look at the decorator living room they're standing in currently. Looks like good old-fashioned concrete block basement walls painted prison yellow to me! Some decorator.

Actually they'd look fairly nice in a sunlit porch or morning room. Depends on your taste I suppose.

But we manly-men prefer our real wood grain!

Michael

I like the text they chose to use (plagiarize) for the sale:

"the Klipschorn¨'s detailed appointments and precisely matched, handcrafted wood grains reflect a level of high-quality workmanship that will never go out of style"

Alright then.....let me throw down a challenge.

How about someone take a pair of Khorns and on the front panel do an airbrush cut-away illustration? The end result would give you the impression that you're actually looking inside of the speaker.

Now THAT would be cool.

Tom

Tom, havent I seen a khorn made from Plexiglas somewhere? That would be right up your alley. I agree a Photoshop illustration would be nice.

Ironwoods, I find that I look AND listen to them. Ever since I got my khorns when I am listening to 2 channel music I am staring at my lone chorus in the center. I swear the music is coming form the chorus. Even though I have not turned on that amp I still have to stick my ear up to it from time to time.

As for the second question...I would send my spouse packing with her Bose speakers in tow. My wife actually loves the look of the KHs. She says they are the nicest looking pair of speaker I have owned out of my KG4, Forte, Chorus, Heresy, etc. and I was worried that the size/shape of the khorns would be the problem when I brought them home. Pleasantly surprised, I wasas was she.

Gary, I agree they look like Cs from what I could see. Tops look ugly too...so raw birch is a good bet.

BTW any other Detroiters out there, Picky perhaps? They are for sale in Harper Woods, Michigan. That may explain the décor HA! Being from the west side of Detroit I never pass up a chance to rib the eastsiders

----------------

On 5/17/2005 12:56:59 PM garymd wrote:

I wonder what's underneath? Could be nice. Could be horrid.

I'm guessing KCBRs with nailholes.
14.gif

----------------

They look like KC-FR to me. That is: Klipschorn, C model, Fir plywood, Raw unfinished.

As is, they would go well in a funeral home.

Maybe for $500 or $800 someone could do something with them. $2500 LOL!!!

Rick

----------------

On 5/17/2005 1:18:59 PM 3dzapper wrote:

...........As is, they would go well in a funeral home.

Maybe for $500 or $800 someone could do something with them. $2500 LOL!!!

Rick

----------------

They could be hoping for some strong bids from Las Vegas wedding chapels.