Feedback, please!

Amy

I can understand the desire to produce a 'State-of-the-art' web page, as I can a 'top-of-the-line 5.1 audio system. But, if you do not want to market to only high dollar and high tech. customers, please provide web access to the lowly, low tech, 56k and ProMedia ULTRA 5.1 customers as well. Remember KISS! (Keep it Simple, Stupid)

Don

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with much of what has been said already. On my Comcast broadband connection it was SLOW to load. I like the look of the site and the navigability, once it loaded.

It does not relate to the site, but I'm not interested in the product--even a little. The eye catching exaggerated (I hope) woofer excursions depicted would produce IM distortion that would have sent PWK into cardiac arrest.

Nice webpage, very animated and well thoughtout. HOWEVER, as you have already heard. It takes too long to fireup. With both my broadband at home, and T1 here at the office, it still took nearly 30sec. to come on.

Most people won't wait that long.

For those of us that have dial up and / or less than 56k, you're telling that market, we are not really interested in your business.

They can do things at friend's computers, but it's like watching a newscast that states "for more information on this story go to our website."

Even with the ability to fully utilize a computer - not just webtv - people get tired of watching that newscast, then if they want more, get up, go to the computer to find out the 20 seconds more that means little.

There was an article in the Kodak news that some are returning to a regular photo format.

Depends on your target age, income, lifestyle - do they keep up with each upgrade, each change, what is their disposable income and what do they choose to spend that money on.

HDTV or related boxes, DVD, SACD, even ready to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches plus increases in food fuel, Pharmacy are all now competing for the same dollar.

Even if you hate to do it adopting a Wal-Mart mentality is the way some will get by.

Sorry to expound so much, but they are related.

Guest Brendan Riggs

Thanks for all the feedback guys. We took all you said into account and have been working on a redesign. Of course, if anyone has anymore comments, please let us know. Thanks again for everything, you guys rock!

-Brendan

• Moderators

----------------

On 5/19/2005 1:37:06 PM dodger wrote:

For those of us that have dial up and / or less than 56k, you're telling that market, we are not really interested in your business.

----------------

Actually dodger, as the page is loading there is a note that says 56k or less modem users click here, and that will direct you to the product page on our website. We're not ignoring you, just giving you a different option that doesn't clog your computer!

• Moderators

----------------

On 5/19/2005 3:21:09 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

LUV yer new avatar Amy!

I tried one of my girls as an avatar again and got a smarmy response within 12 hours, so they are gone forever. Sorry guys.

Thanks for the redesign AMy

Michael
----------------

Thanks!

And you're welcome for the redesign. We'll get it posted soon, and see what everyone thinks (and let's keep this one on topic, everybody--thank you)!

Nice site but too damned big!

As an advertising vehicle the VERY long download time will chase away all but the most dedicated iPod freaks ( who would likely not need a lot of encouragement once the word gets out anyway ).

I suggest that perhaps a much faster loading site that hits the high points and features a link to the full featured site would have the advantage of catching the attention of slightly less dedicated users ..... some of whom might then become hooked on the concept.

Nice site nonetheless.

Great site! Took 45 seconds to load on Brighthouse Cable. Great music, interesting clips, swell colors. Like others have said, maybe the font should be bigger. Incorporate the flash technology for those who can use it throughout your entire site, add tons of pictures, and then Klipsch will have THE best, most informed, most traveled website in all the internet!

Keep up the good work!2.gif

as a fellow programmer, here is a suggestion to speed things up.

divide up the site into subsections, so when for example, someone clicks one of those videos, it then goes into a second loading screen, and downloads that particular flash file. Subdividing the site would allow for a smaller initial download and you'll get more viewers to actually download the site rather then abort the download.

To make the font clearer, turn off anti-aliasing or perhaps it was resized at somepoint, just use the standard 9 or 10pt font w/o anti-alising and it should be perfect.

other than that, look great to me. Im glad to see a site dedicated to the iFi, it really shows off its quality. I mean if poeple are gonna drop 400 for this little system, at least explain why, and I think you did that very well. Im expecting the death of the bose sounddock when this thing launches and nothing less!!!!

Also, what is up with that crappy 18 gauge wire you supply with the ifi!

BAD KLIPSCH, BAD!

----------------

On 5/18/2005 11:18:18 AM Amy Unger wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, guys, keep it coming!

Just an FYI, if you click on Development, you can watch a video of our National Accounts Manager, Don Inmon, who has been with the company over 5 years and has been very involved our Multimedia line.

If you click on Engineering, you can watch Rich Field, one of our lead acoustic engineers responsible for all our Multimedia products, among others.

----------------

Amy, has that guy read any of my wild suggestions on the promedia board?

• Moderators

Which guy, the engineer?

Probably not. Engineers don't really come up with product ideas, they just make it happen 1.gif

I have sent that thread to all our product development and sales guys, however.

Guest Brendan Riggs

Allllllright! The new version is up. Hopefully this fixed everyone's problems. Thanks again for all the feedback everyone!!!!

Guest Brendan Riggs

The specs area has smaller text to cram all that in. Is the rest of the text across the board hard to read, or just that section?

I didn't read any further than the first page. When it's illegible without squinting, I don't get much farther.

Ok, I checked again. All pages are the same degree of illegibility. Like in the word Klipsch, sometimes it looks like part of the thickness fo the l or i are missing. vertical lines seem to suffer the most. In all honesty, I would not take the time to read a web site with this small of type font.

This reminds me of the miniscule type font used for the 123456789 numbers used on the Klipsch product info pages. They're so small you have to be very careful when clicking to get the correct number.'

I posted these next comments when asked to give feedback on the general Klipsch website. Please read again. I don't mean to be a complainer, but I have good eyesight (I'm a photographer), have a great monitor, and I can't hardly read your text.:

Final word. Basic typography. The human eye can discern black letters on white background very easily. When using white or light lettering on darker background, edge detail is lost. You need to use LARGER than normal type face, or BOLDER type style, or a FONT that is more legible.

Do you understand what serifs on type does? The small horizontal portion of the letters aid the eye in flowing from one letter to the next. Historically, sans serif type styles (without the serifs) was used only for short pieces of type such as headlines and advertising. Serif style type is nearly always used in large block of text such as books, newspaper colums, and letters because they are easier to read.

So you've broken two of the main tenants of type usage in designing the Klipsch web page. You couldn't make it more illegible to the human eye if you tried. Substance over style. Try again please.

Michael

Michael makes some good points. Take a look at Ipod's website for some cues. Maybe you should take the bottom third of the page where all the text and descriptions are and work in a white background with black text. It sure it easier on the eyes. And you can still keep the overall color scheme for the top 2/3 where there are mostly just headlines and pictures.