How much power for the RF-7's?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 5/19/2005 12:29:18 PM DeanG wrote:

Unless you live in a barn sized living room and/or feel the need to run them up to THX levels during movies, you can get by nicely with 30 to 60 watts.
----------------

Correction that is Tube watts not SS watts there is a huge difference.

2W amps are a joke for serious listening, and 2W amps in a big room are a bad joke.

----------------

I can tell I am not as serious as you. Nor mired in my opinion as you. I am happy to just disagree and leave it at that.

----------------

On 5/21/2005 11:42:12 PM Audio Flynn wrote:

Sounds like you guys just like to pound people for expressing their opinions.

+++++++++++++++++++

No just make people accountable for their logic or abscence thereof.

Why ask a question if your mind is made up?

----------------

hmmm ... got a kick out this rhetorical question. ha, you're mind's not made up yet?

----------------

On 5/22/2005 11:51:14 AM rmt wrote:

I can tell I am not as serious as you. Nor mired in my opinion as you. I am happy to just disagree and leave it at that.

----------------

Each of us has a right to his own opinion, but that doesn't make all of our opinions equal in merit. Regardless, I wasn't takling about matters of opinion here anyway, but simple, easily demonstrable, facts.

----------------

On 5/22/2005 12:27:08 PM Parrot wrote:

----------------

On 5/22/2005 11:51:14 AM rmt wrote:

----------------

Each of us has a right to his own opinion, but that doesn't make all of our opinions equal in merit. Regardless, I wasn't takling about matters of opinion here anyway, but simple, easily demonstrable, facts.

----------------

Awesome news Parrot.

That is good to know that people here are not too hung up on their opinions instead of fact. Because, the fact is, my little 2 watt Decware amp pushes my RF-7s to wonderfully beautiful sounding levels. So your opinion that they don't is actually irrelevant because it's just opinion and not fact. Thanks for setting me straight on that.

1.gif

----------------

On 5/22/2005 12:45:56 PM DeanG wrote:

Most just have different ideas of what "loud" is. When I read your earlier post about 2 watts getting you to "party" levels, I was thinking Tupperware parties.
9.gif

----------------

Actually Lawrence Welk parties not Tupperware. Having admitted to that, I still think they are candidates for you mods.

----------------

On 5/22/2005 12:51:01 PM Parrot wrote:

Reminds me of the ex-forum member who would run from his room in pain when he played his flea amps over 80dB.

----------------

I suppose with your 4,300+ posts you think you have seen it all. I can understand why there are "ex-forum" members. Did you do your best to run them off because they did not meet your volume level requirements, serious listening criteria, or was it the factual evidence bit of "my opinion is better that your experience" nonsense.

I enjoy chatting with "newbies" who somehow almost instantly understand all of the intrigues of years of Klipsch Foruming. Not just you, but another chap last night, and others before you.

If any posters have run away after an exchange of posts with me, it can only mean that in a battle of wits, they knew when they had been defeated. But many other posters have come and gone in the past, and they left because they got lives1.gif1.gif

----------------

On 5/22/2005 1:15:24 PM Parrot wrote:

I enjoy chatting with "newbies" who somehow almost instantly understand all of the intrigues of years of Klipsch Foruming.

You da man! My new self-portrait = 15.gif

Speedball,

No, you're not a "newbie." I never claimed anyone acted like he knew everything. I merely commented that it beggars the imagination that a "newbie" could really be a newbie when he displays knowledge of the complex relationships of forum members. This has happened several times in the past, where a member has sought to reinforce himself by using a sock-puppet. It's all part of the workings of any forum, not just this one, and I find it fun to speculate on who might be who.