Should I get into Amway?

Also I heard it is a good way to meet chicks and also they can help you build the business.

Petaluma will rise again.

C&S

Chicks in Petaluma.jpg

hold on, wait a minute......hey fini ! why couldn't you be my sponsor?, you said you were in it and that you made some change.

You can already tell I was cut out for this and I will make you rich if you are my sponsor. I plan on going door to door and will ask to see their scummy bathtubs and show them what a little of that L.O.X can really do. Check it out, I already have a System in mind. Also I understand you can get rich selling tools and I am really good with tools. By the way, does Amway have a hand-cleaner because I usually like to show folks what those tools can do under the hood, then they will have to buy them. Move over Dexter Yager there's a new scum expert in town.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fini, our resident funnyman, was born and raised in Petaluma, so I did a little searching and came up that old photo. I was just trying to butter him up so he would consider coming out of retirement and be my amway sponsor so I wouldn't have to hang out at the local Denny's waiting to be prospected....although that could be fun.

if we could just organize this forum into one big amway pyramid .....hmmmm

c7s

basically I agree with most of the sentiments presented here, namely that selling this kind of thing is really not for everyone, mostly not for anyone , that is why it has to be put into such pie-in-the-sky terms to get anyone at all interested. In such a context fraud is bound to develop sooner or later. I just had no idea the fraud was so horrendous at this point and was glad that the internet could at least warn people, myself included.

I've had a couple of friends get involved with Amway. They're now former friends. Not because they tried to sell to or recruit me, but because they became obsessed to the point that I couldn't stand being around them. It was almost impossible to discuss anything without it leading to an Amway segue. Bor-ing.

----------------

On 5/24/2005 1:44:27 AM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 5/24/2005 1:05:37 AM cmdridq wrote:

They're now former friends... because they became obsessed to the point that I couldn't stand being around them.

----------------

Hmmm. Good point you make.

----------------

Actually, as strange and potentially tragic as that may be, it seems that kind of single minded obsession is almost necessary to maintain the momentum necessary to be successful.

try avon ,i have their lip stick on, right now http://www.pring.com/weeklykst.htm?edtSymbol=avp&B1=Submit http://www.investtech.com/main/market.php?CompanyID=10400056 opps this one slipped,invest at your owen risk http://www.investtech.com/main/market.php?CompanyID=10400109&product=2 it's called transperancey, have these amyway people meet, with your CPA, an law firm,won't happen, an if your having a sizable trust draw up , for heavens sake go to a ESQ. an be prepared to shell out 2k

My brother in law and his wife work at the AMWAY plant in Ada Michigan.

The products are very sound performers. If it looks like a pyramid and smells like a pyramid; it is a pyramid.

It is a poor mechanism to improve your self esteeem and to generate cash. I ran a small engineering busines for my uncle when I got out of college; it was very dificult 7 day a week responsibilities. I give credit to all you sole proprietors like COLTERPHOTO; tuff stuff.

When I get rid of my kids and are ready to schuck the corporate world I have my small business plan. A multi function store front in an undefined small town in Northern Michigan.

-coffee shop

-used book store

-bait shop

-dog training

-used audio equipment consignment sales

-mini Kinkos

Just cannot see a single function store

----------------

On 5/24/2005 8:20:05 AM mdeneen wrote:

What I really like about the scheme is that it is so totally and endearingly American in flavor. Where else can you blend massive unconstrained consumption and (desire for) excess with Christian Virtue and Charity, and Patriotism?

----------------

Wow, what an EXCELLENT summary of the mindset. I did ask a friend (I was his sponsor and upline until I quit) who is still involved (lots of tape 'tools' and rally attendance, and freshly pressed white shirts and hair products) if the uplines were encouraging military enlistment, since they are all patriotic and such. He looked at me as if I were crazy. It was much the same look he gave me when he found out I go grocery shopping on a bicycle and had moved into a 650 square foot home. It seems that the IBO Patriots aren't encouraging military service for their downlines.

They do, however, urge folks to use their credit card (17% interest last time I checked!!) while speaking about being debt free. Balance your personal budget while incurring massive debt on the way to financial freedom. It is a familiar theme.

Woo

I just wanted to find a way to earn extra money so I could buy better speakers.......

Best Analysis

It would seem Amway/Quixtar is already doing its part, and if you get into Amway/Quixtar you would ultimately be doing your part. Amway is its own little "army"....it would seem....onward marching.....

"Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Party Pyramid

Interesting story in the in the St. Petersburg Times. Evidently the dying act of the chair of Amway, Jay Van Andel, was to give the largest contribution by an individual to a state party in Florida. And guess which party it was?

" Records show that starting July 27, he made 10 $100,000 donations to the Florida Republican Party. The money began flowing in at a time when many observers saw Florida as a tossup state that could decide whether President Bush or John Kerry won the election.

Oh well, whats a million these days? Thats no doubt why Van Andel and the family of his business partner, Richard DeVos, "also each gave $2-million to Progress for America, an independent group that paid for TV ads aimed at re-electing Bush."

So lets see, thats $1 million, then another $2 million each, so thats $5 million, plus another $515,000 from the DeVos family to the state GOP...Yep, pretty soon youre talking about real money. "

...But the fastest-growing pro-Bush 527 is Progress for America, founded by Bush campaign consultant Tom Syndhorst, who is friendly with the president's political guru, Karl Rove. The group has raised more than $32 million, including $6 million in one week alone last month. Amway founders Richard DeVos and Jay Van Andel have chipped in $2 million each.

C&S

----------------

On 5/24/2005 8:20:05 AM mdeneen wrote:

Checking the Quixtar (ex. Amway) web site, I find I can buy an Orange Oil glass cleaner, 21 oz. bottle, for a mere $10.30/bottle. My wife currently buys Orange Plus (16 oz) for exactly $1 at the Dollar Store. Having an extra $9.30 of margin to spread upward gives a peek into the market distortions created by "consumption" schemes.

----------------

That is an amazing mark-up! And you gotta figure the Orange Plus guys manage to make a profit at only $1.

----------------

On 5/24/2005 12:31:29 PM Parrot wrote:

----------------

On 5/24/2005 12:31:29 PM Parrot wrote:

Clipped,

Looks like you set this thread up just so that you could have an excuse to voice some of your Karl-Rove-is-an-evil-genius paranoia.

----------------

Goodness no...

it was started so NO NHL ? ! ! could bash Newsweek magazine. 2.gif

Woo

----------------

On 5/24/2005 12:29:13 PM mdeneen wrote:

"They do, however, urge folks to use their credit card (17% interest last time I checked!!)"

==========

Which makes sense. Because without a kind of infinite credit expansion the deal may have collapsed years ago.

I did a bit of math quickly. So, if I wanted to be an Quixtar millionaire, or at least earn a million a year, here's all I have to do. Since my "end" amounts to 3% of all the consumption underneath me, I need $33M of consumption in my downline. Now, considering the average family spends say $5k/year on junk like window cleaner, soap and makeup and such, all I need is 7,000 families in my downline rabidly (I think they call it "loyally") buying this stuff.

Based on powers of 5, I just need a 6 level pyramid below me consuming like a raging forest fire. Of course, about 5,000 of them are making less than $100/yr on their $5,000 "investment" in consumption, but hey, someone's gotta pay.

Clearly they are missing other opportunities like home mortgages where perhaps they could be offering a mortage with 68% interest and you just keep getting others to take the same deal to pay yours off? Now, that's where the real money lies!

You'd sort of think the jig is up when you see the price of the window cleaner, but apparently it's some pretty decent Kool-Aid they dish out at those "rallys." (HIINT: Purchase the window cleaner for $1 and put the other $9.30 into a savings account.)

mdeneen

----------------

Now add to that the far greater money you make from all those downline distributors compulsively buying weekly motivational tapes and books (the media) and your cut of the inflated price of the big rallies and get-togethers and you have a tidy sum.

This predictible sucker behavior seems like a kind of mirror microcosm, a blatant analogy to a bigger picture I see going on somewhere..........(everywhere?)......

....could the whole world be under some kind of cult mind control?

Lemmings.jpg

I thought it would take years of hanging out at Denny's drinking coffee and eating pie just to find my sponsors, but I got real lucky, here is Rich and Jay my new sponsors, I can hardly believe it. I already ordered hundreds of starter kits because I am confident I will be in the diamond club in a year or so. I am so excited to have my own independent business now, they say its easy if I always do everything exactly like they tell me from now on.

Sponsors.jpg

post-8419-13819266094672_thumb.jpg