And what are YOUR plans for the holiday weekend??

Joe Shmoe

Just a guess, due to your location and the water I saw in the background, but is that Cedar Point? Last time I was there was our senior graduation class trip in 79. About 26 years ago to the day, give or take a week. What a trip, no less, it rained on and off during the day and they'd shut the rides down for 30 or 60 minutes, but when they restarted there was NO ONE in line, you could often get off one ride and get right back on for the next go-round. Oh yeah, they let the students with cars drive themselves. 11.gif Was quite the interesting day, as I recall.

This weekend I was planning on redoing our entire yard with a drag, bobcat and several dump trucks worth of black dirt, but since it's supposed to rain the whole weekend, looks like in-laws Sat, in-laws Sun, and maybe some friends and their three kids coming over Mon. Hopefully Sun's in-laws don't mind me disappearing to watch the race, last I heard it was supposed to be rain free in Indy Sun.

Hope you don't end up wearing your lunch!! Have fun!

Champagne... Yup, it's Cedar Point. Me and my wife haven't been in about 4-5 years. Some friends of ours invited us to go with them, should make for a great weekend, weather permitting. BUT it's too bad your not in my neighborhood.... I have been thinking of renting a Bobcat myself to take care of our backyard, it's a disaster & doing it by hand won't get it done, would be nice to split the cost with someone.

Nicholtl.... ya know, we are going to have to require some pictures of this "smokin hot date", just for verification purposes of course. 3.gif

Gonna make some jazz sampler CDs (burned from LPs) for a fellow Klipscher on Saturday morning.

Probably Charlie O's for some John Heard on Sautrday night.

Church on Sunday morning (I always THINK I'm going to go, but rarely do these days). Probably gardening all Sunday afternoon and then we'll drive over to my in-laws for dinner.

Dodgers and the Cubs on Monday at 5 PM. Maybe some dips at Philippe's before the fame.

Welcome to Philippe the Original

Cedar Point!...I wish,haven't been for a couple years,one of my alltime favorites,maybe later this year..Cookout with the family and some friends,thats cool too.

Have a safe one!

Busy weekend ahead. Tomorrow taking off early and heading to Woodbury KY to practice music, tomorrow night is (so far)open, so I'll probably be spending time listening to music (always a favorite).

Saturday heading to Mammoth Cave National Park to ride the mountain bike trails with my kid, Gavin (last week it was mud and ticks and *lots* of fun!!!!) 3.gif

Sunday is church. The off to Woodbury again for a gig with my band (an annual goat and pig roast in this tiny, sleepy Kentucky bump in the road). There'll be some bluegrass pickers there too so I'm taking my guitar as well. Fun stuff complete with fireflies, fireworks, a bonfire and not a streetlight in sight. 1.gif

Monday I'm going to spend some time putting everything in perspective by walking around the town's cemeteries.

y'all have a good one!

Woo

man, I am never paying 40 bucks again for one of those places.

stand in line......

stand in line......

stand in line......

stand in line......

stand in line......

stare at fat people...

stand in line......

stand in line......

stare at fat people...

stare at fat people...

stare at fat people...

stand in line......

stare at fat people

stare at fat people...

eat junk food that costs 20 dollars and feel fat like everyone else

30 SECONDS OF FUN WOW

then you realized you have to be disinfected because you just touched a seat that 4328490823 other people also did who have serious diseases

go home sun burnt

Saturday morning, 10 yard compost delivery (I can fill my newly-built raised beds). I can finally get these tomatoes in the ground!

Saturday night, Dianna Krall and Regina Carter in Sonoma, with Mrs. fini.

Sunday-Monday, a short family campin' trip (on friends' property) in the Sierra foothills, east of Lodi. Looking forward to snagging a couple of flats of Bing cherries on the way home (last year I pitted and froze 'em. SO good!!).

Well tonight we take my 5 YO step daughter out to dinner since she graduates from Kindergarden today. That's the upside. The downside is that she gets to pick the place. (on his kness Tom says) "Please Lord...I've been going to church regularly and been extra good. Don't let Madison pick Chuck E. Cheese"8.gif

Saturday morning we're doing an all day thing on the water with this:

Boat02.jpg

Saturday night will probably be food, couple of drinks, and live music at Pogy's (our local small town haunt). Once back home, I'll probably tear the wife's clothes off, throw her down, and show her who's the MAN!

Sunday we go to church so I can thank God that Madison didn't make us go to Chuck E. Cheese. Then, if the weather holds, we'll probably go out in this:

Boat02.jpg

If the weather is kinda iffy, probably put some baby back ribs on the barbie and just kick back and not do a damn thing.

By Monday I should be feeling pretty guilty about not being productive, so I'll find somethng to piddle with. I can hear a lawn mower calling my name already. 15.gif

Hope each of you has a safe holiday weekend - especially if you're travelling.

Speaking of travelling....I paid $1.92/gallon yesterday. 3.gif

Tom