"Huh????.....What's that you're saying????

Tom Adams

That has to be a series/parallel wiring nightmare. I used to be into car audio when I was younger. It was fun to try and wire 10 or 12 drivers together and come up with a 4 ohm load. Unless of course you have 5 or 6 amps :D

Jeremy

God, whoever dreamed that up, must work for a company that has sells swivelling cubes. Can you say comb filtering and distortion? Not to mention the uber waste of time and money? Not to mention the wiring headaches, etc. Better to have a pair of high efficeincy horns, mated to a big vented cabinet for the low frequencies.

Yes - it's a for real boat. If you look in the picture's background you'll see a custom Skater tunnel hull with the name Popeye's on it. I'm just speculating, but I think this multi-speaker boat is part of Al Copeland's stable. Al is from Nawlin's and is the founder of Popeye's Famous Fried Chicken and the Copeland's chain of restaurants. Al is a performance boating junkie and that Skater is his run-a-round boat. If you can call a 130mph boat a run-a-round.6.gif

As for the multi-speaker boat....if your curious, just go here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-5551.html

Oh - and I think Al likes Jazz, Zydeco, and rock.

Tom

• Moderators

Tom,

We have seen his boats race at the Lakefront in New Orleans several time. It is unbelievable to witness the power of these boats on the open water, all going full throttle.

You are correct. Al Copeland is a performance boat junkie. He did have a huge showroom in Metairie, just outside of New Orleans, with many of his "toys" on display. At one time he was trying to build a house in the Mandeville, LA area, which was more appropriately called a "compound". As far as we know it did not got approved by the local zoning board.

He also is a huge Christmas junkie. He was actually sued by several of his neighbors in Kenner, LA over his enormous Christmas display. Can you believe the neighbors called the display a nuisance and excessive light polution. It is the largest of any display that we have ever seen.

If you all have never eaten Popeye's Fried Chicken you must try it, spicy is the best. The Copeland's restuarants serve excellent food also.

• Like 1

----------------

On 6/1/2005 1:57:29 PM dtel wrote:

Tom,

We have seen his boats race at the Lakefront in New Orleans several time. It is unbelievable to witness the power of these boats on the open water, all going full throttle.

You are correct. Al Copeland is a performance boat junkie. He did have a huge showroom in Metairie, just outside of New Orleans, with many of his "toys" on display. At one time he was trying to build a house in the Mandeville, LA area, which was more appropriately called a "compound". As far as we know it did not got approved by the local zoning board.

He also is a huge Christmas junkie. He was actually sued by several of his neighbors in Kenner, LA over his enormous Christmas display. Can you believe the neighbors called the display a nuisance and excessive light polution. It is the largest of any display that we have ever seen.

If you all have never eaten Popeye's Fried Chicken you must try it, spicy is the best. The Copeland's restuarants serve excellent food also.

----------------

dtel - I grew up on the Miss. Gulf Coast, worked in New Orleans East (Michoud), and lived in Slidell for a few years. Yep - know all about Al's Christmas display. Yeah....it put a burden on the neighborhood, but it made a helluva lot of kids happy. Those folks that sued him will get theirs in the end. 7.gif

BTW, I work with a guy that's a Chalmacian (from Chalmette) and Benny worked for Al when Al ran a donut shop. One day Al tells Benny that he's gonna open a fried chicken place using his grandmother's spicy chicken recipe. Benny told him he'd never compete with the big boys (Church's and KFC). Benny has some good stories of Al in the early years. LOL....

Tom

----------------

On 6/1/2005 1:57:29 PM dtel wrote:

If you all have never eaten Popeye's Fried Chicken you must try it, spicy is the best.

----------------

Yup, we got one here in Fredericksburg, VA. It is pretty good.

Wish I had that kind of money to throw around, though 6.gif

Al has a boat with twin jet turbines for motors....

think makes a hella of a lot of noise...but is very cool...

He had to give up boat racing when he sold Popeyes to church's as part of the sell agreement....

Al bought Mariners village in mandeville at base of causway....

he wanted to kick everyone out of condos...and bulldoeze it all and use the marina for all his boat toys and build mansion overlooking....

His light show at xmas was awesome...

And yeah his showroom at I-10 and causeway blvd is very cool...and filled with toys...

• Moderators

dtel's wife here. dtel is from Chalmette (Chalmatian)??, moved there when he was five years old from the Ninth Ward, lived there until he was 35. Could be worse, he could be from Violet, then he would be a Violation. I am from Slidell,(Slidellian) lived there most of my life. Know several people employed by Michoud. When we first married we lived about two blocks from the original donut shop in Arabi. Finally convinced dtel to move out of St. Bernard to Slidell, then moved to Mississippi. Oh, yeh...some of the women here are frightful.

• Like 1

----------------

On 6/1/2005 11:24:42 PM dtel wrote:

dtel's wife here. dtel is from Chalmette (Chalmatian)??, moved there when he was five years old from the Ninth Ward, lived there until he was 35. Could be worse, he could be from Violet, then he would be a Violation. I am from Slidell,(Slidellian) lived there most of my life. Know several people employed by Michoud. When we first married we lived about two blocks from the original donut shop in Arabi. Finally convinced dtel to move out of St. Bernard to Slidell, then moved to Mississippi. Oh, yeh...some of the women here are frightful.

----------------

Well then.....I guess my reply to you guys should be

Where yat dare chat? How's everyting down in da parrish? And where da hell is Slidell??

LOL.....

Yeah, Mr. Al sold to Church's cause he was going bankrupt.

Oh....and about that Outback Blooming Onion. Reliable sources tell me Mr. Al invented the cutter for an onion so it would open up like that. In his Copeland's restaurant, they're called onion mums and he was doing them long before there were Outback Steakhouses.

Tom