Online Poll - Which Sounds Better

Deang

I'm going to have to vote for the KLF's, but I've only had the chance to compare them to the RF3.

Craig

------------------

Klipsch KLF30 Mains

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center

Klipsch KSP-S6 Surrounds

Klipsch KG4 Surrounds

Klipsch KSB 1.1 Front Effects

Dual SVS 20-39CS Sub's

Samaon S700 Sub Amp

Yamaha DSP-A1

Yamaha MDX-793 Mini disc

Yamaha TX-492 Tuner

Sony CDP-C701ES 5 disc Player

Panasonic A110 DVD

Hitachi MX6080EM Muli-system HI-FI VCR

Hitachi 29" T.V.

Denon DP-37F Turntable

i crossed the line & got both klf-30, c7 & rf-3, rc-3 cwm30.gif

the rf-3 are for kickin back to the mellow stuff in the lounge & the klf are for rockin in the main room.

i've heard the rf-7 & they're great. but think i'm pretty well set & content w/ what i have (for now).

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect/Monster MCX-2 biwire & Z cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 digital cable box

Monster HTS1000 PowerCenter

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3, RC-3

Monster MCX-1 Biwire

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

rock on!

I don't mean to be a stinker, but what really sounds the best is the old Heritage line: Chorus II and Forte II. Ever since they were discontinued and the Epics premiered it's been...different. I haven't listened to much of the new Ref line so there is some hope I guess. Long live the Forte II. Heck, even some of the old Kg line was pretty good, the 3.2 and 5s. There is my 2 cents.

------------------

James D. Orth

Got to agree with James on this one. While I enjoy listening to all the new Klipsch stuff (I have my eyes on a new pair RS-7s), when it comes to choosing, my old Chorus II's win out every time. The old line of Chorus, Forte, et. al. have a certain sound and dynamics that are tough to beat, IMHO. I envy you guys with big brothers like the Klipschorn and Belle - I can't even imagine what a home theater featuring those speakers sounds like! But if I were a KLF or Ref owner, I wouldn't be complaining either...they are both outstanding speakers...just a matter or personal preference.

Colin

My vote is with Tony,James and Colin.Having owned KG-3s&4s,Chorus Is,Forte Is,now Klipschorns as mains in my main HT,Cornwall Is for music in my bedroom.Once you have Heritage.......... cwm35.gif

I have sampled KLF-30s and the Reference series,old and new.Nice,different.

Miss my Chorus more than any Klipsch speaker I've had to part with.

Sorry this is off post,but......

chicky I agree with your post completely.Klipsch is Klipsch,all are great

It would be interesting to see a JAVA applet where you could drag a slider of each Klipsch speaker model along a line (much like the margin markers in MS Word). Moving the marker further to the right would equal a higher rating. Once done, then you could produce a graphic representation of what each person who visits the Klipsch website thinks of each speaker relative to others in the line. Of course all responses would then be averaged into some kind of overall performance rating. Also each speaker's slider would have an option to not rate the speaker if the person doing the rating had no experience with that perticular model of speaker.

I must agree with those above who say the Forte(s) and Chorus (In my book as more a part of the KG line than the Heritage line), rule over the KLF and Reference line (even my much loved RP-3s that no one else seems to give a damn about). I would even put the Chorus and Forte ahead of the Heresey and Cornwall.

KLF vs existing Reference line?

In my book:

KLF line is as loud as the traditional Klipsch speakers, but there seemed to be more distortion than traditional Klipsch speakers too. Build quality seemed to be suspect.

Reference Line is shooting for a different bird. Not as loud, mellower, somewhat more accurate, deeper bass (until they discontinued the RP series).

Depends upon your tastes. Having heard many Heritage series speakers, the KLF seem somewhat redundant to me. The reference series, though still not even close to the Heritage series in build quality, were at least shooting at a different target (and this year that target has suddenly moved closer than ever before to the Synnergy series).

This message has been edited by cc1091 on 09-06-2001 at 11:31 PM

quote:

Originally posted by cc1091:

I must agree with those above who say the Forte(s) and Chorus (In my book as more a part of the KG line than the Heritage line), rule over the KLF and Reference line (even my much loved RP-3s that no one else seems to give a damn about). I would even put the Chorus and Forte ahead of the Heresey and Cornwall.

I had heard that the Forte was unofficially refered to by certain Klipsch insiders as the KG5...

Which gives me a great idea! How about next year, for the big Visit to Hope (Arkansas, not Bob), we get a big ol' bus (or HornEd's motorhome!) and go door-to-door, picking up each of us Klipsch-heads and sampling systems as we go! We could stop at audio shops, Home Depots for MDF, whatever!

We'd better start soon if we want to get there by Feb. fini