I am sick.............

point_and_shoot

You have got to be kidding me! I found out today through a local Hi-Fi store that Klipsch Reference series speakers are made in China or at least with Chinese parts. I just bought a new RC-25 center. Does anyone know if this is true? Please, someone tell me this is a myth. I though (based on the name) that Klipsch were German or Dutch made. I know, I know, if they sound good and look good who cares.....me. : (

LOL. You guys are right, I do have some catching up to do. That is why I like this forum with knowledgable people like yourselves to help me along the way. You are also right, I also found out yesterday that my Denon equipment is made in China as well. My phase Techs, Definitive Techs, and my Digital Phase speakers are all made in the USA though. I guess (like many others) my buying power constricts me to the lower to mid range priced equipment. This gives me a higher chance at buying sweatshop stuff. Thanks for the info.

Hi everyone FYI,

Even the Klipsch THX Ultra2 line is Made in China. The speakers are all Made in China e.g. KL-650, KL-525, KS-525. Also the KA-1000 subwoofer 1000 watt amplifier is Made in Taiwan. Wish they were Made in the USA ALA the Aragon Amp and pre/pro line. Was not a deal breaker for us. It would have been a big plus though :-) Enjoy the speakers either way.

The company's headquarters are right here in Indianapolis, Indiana. You may have heard of it, we have a motor car race here a couple times a year.

Go to the Pilgrimage thread - they are having an open house on Saturday June 24. It's a great place, all the engineering and marketing takes place here. Manufacturing of Heritage products still takes place in Hope Arkansas, home of Klipsch.

(dang, sure hope I got this right)

Michael

Ya'll know how we got here to Arkansas, don't you? The folks were going west during the Great Depression and crossed the Big Muddy on the ferry at Memphis. When we got to the other side, there was a big sign that said:

"St. Louis, up that way. New Orleans, down that way."

So thems of us who couldn't read just went straight ahead.

9.gif

On 6/10/2005 12:09:17 AM RickB wrote:

Hell, Arkansas is like a foreign country, my inlaws live there and I still havn't figured out what language they speak.

Just where in Arkansas do your inlaws live? If you haven't figured it out I was born and raised there, and I've been a lot of places (from California, to Boston, to Montreal) and I've never had anyone (that speaks english) not be able to understand me. Maybe the real problem is with you! 6.gif LOL

----------------

On 6/9/2005 9:24:04 PM point_and_shoot wrote:

I guess (like many others) my buying power constricts me to the lower to mid range priced equipment. This gives me a higher chance at buying sweatshop stuff. Thanks for the info.

----------------

While you're at it, you might want to check your coffee cups, T-shirts, sunglasses, pencil and pens, toys, circuit breakers, auto parts, and even TVs and refrigerators.

And I wonder what you'd be able to afford if those speaker lines weren't made in China.

It's sad but true, and you can't avoid it - easily anyway. China's not the only place either...

----------------

On 6/10/2005 8:59:43 AM STL wrote:

On 6/10/2005 12:09:17 AM RickB wrote:

Hell, Arkansas is like a foreign country, my inlaws live there and I still havn't figured out what language they speak.

Just where in Arkansas do your inlaws live? If you haven't figured it out I was born and raised there, and I've been a lot of places (from California, to Boston, to Montreal) and I've never had anyone (that speaks english) not be able to understand me. Maybe the real problem is with you!
6.gif
LOL

----------------

Hey man sorry if I offended you, I was joking. The difference in our accents has always been a running gag in our families. I have quite a few relatives from Ark. My dad and his family are from there. And both my wife and my first wife were from there too. In fact my wife and I got married at her moms house in the hills somewhere down around the Fort Smith area.

Once again sorry if I offended, and while I could never live in Ark. as you can see I don't mind coming down and stealing a woman every now and then.1.gif