fun stuff on the bose website

Blackmesa

----------------

On 6/20/2005 11:21:53 PM Seadog wrote:

$3699 for that?!!!

They should be ashamed for charging so much for so little.

----------------

It's not 3699, They have a "sale" until august 6, read the gold letter on the right, LOL.

also, FYI, thoes are the mini bose sats. tehy are only 4" tall and 2" wide, I think they employ 1.5" paper cone drivers

AMAZING SOUND STAGE...ONLY 4000 dollars

Also, the cinema 6 retails for 999, I would love to see a head to head against the acustamass 10.. which is not any bigger in size.

----------------

On 6/20/2005 11:24:09 PM jacksonbart wrote:

What real wood veneers choices do you have that you you get them in?

That looks like the black wood from the Dark Forest in Germany, is it?

----------------

No you see, with Bose® Lifestyle® premium systems its all about Virtually Invisible®.. Having wood veneers would make the Acustimass® Jewel Cubes® stand out and therefore less appealing. You can choose from white®, black® or grey® to blend in to your home decor. You'll hardly notice them! And with Direct Reflect® technology, youll be guaranteed the highest sound quality for amazing life like realism backed by Bose® quality you can count on.

I went with a buddy to one of his 'friends' house the other day and the guy went on for an hour about how great his new bose lifestyle system sounded . . .

it was all I could do to hold back the laughter, Then he cranked it up . . .

I would rather have listened to him brag instead, lol

btw as to, "...Bose is coming out with some kind of premier version of their Wave radio. They actually said that it reaches notes a half octave lower than before..."

I guess that means it has 'usable' bass that approches 200hz

----------------

On 6/21/2005 1:58:17 AM Blackmesa wrote:

Also, the cinema 6 retails for 999, I would love to see a head to head against the acustamass 10.. which is not any bigger in size.

----------------

I have, and needless to say, the Cinema 6 completely "blows" the Blo$e® away!

Not even a close. Those RSX-3s just completely trounce those cubes in both clarity and extension, and are really not much larger. And the fact that the Cinema 6 comes with a "real" sub, not some crappy little "Bass Module" thing.

Consider that the Cinema 6 is around $1,000 for the set, then add a decent $500 reciever such as one of the H/K or Denon models, plus a decent $150 or so DVD player. Throw in another $100 or so for all the cabling, and you got a setup for around $1,800 complete that'll completely annihilate that Blo$e® Lo$t$tyle® "premium" system, not only in sound quality, but in the shear amount of features to boot. Not to mention the upgradability of that system! Try to make any upgrades to the Blo$e®? Forget it! They'd rather you buy a whole new system.

I have to admit, I find my self in a jam.. I was among family last weekend as they were discussing their new bose systems. I felt like I was dishonest by holding in my feelings (along with the truth) but at the same time, I would literally have to hurt their egos and pretty much tell them they are naive if I were to come forward. I think I need psychologist to help me talk through my feelings with my other family members about bose. I have not confronted them yet. What do I do?

LOL, I was bored to I started to copy and base the bose webpages into a notepad, then I proceeded to a replace all in Word... I only got through the home theater , stereo, outdoor, and multimedia pages.. The accessories, professional sound, car audio and whatever other crap is on that site was not even included. I would say I copied about 1/6th of the entire website, then I got bored.

904 ® symbols

bose.jpg

I estimate over 4000-5000 uses of that symbol just on their website alone. If you goto klipsch.com you'll see only 1 on the front page.. and its in the logo, its not even text, its a picture.

By the way, I could not count the ®'s in the pictures on the bose site!

----------------

On 6/21/2005 2:55:42 PM Blackmesa wrote:

I estimate over 4000-5000 uses of that symbol just on their website alone. If you goto klipsch.com you'll see only 1 on the front page.. and its in the logo, its not even text, its a picture.

By the way, I could not count the ®'s in the pictures on the bose site!

----------------

It is the same thing in thier e-mails. One time, just for S&G's, I e-mailed Bose to ask if they plan on making a stand-alone "UMusic" (oh I'm sorry "UMusic®"), player, perhaps even a portable version, ala the iPod, instead of only getting it in those "Lifestyle" systems. The reply I got back was they had no plans, and of course, they put those stupid little '®'s after every instance of "LifeStyle", and "UMusic". How nice they even attached a little ad for thier "Wave" radios (also containing several '®'s).

----------------

On 6/21/2005 3:21:23 PM bigrol21 wrote:

Ok, I notice that Klipsch fanatics disapprove with everything Bose. How do my Reference-25 series equipment compare with their products? I tries to look it up but I could not find a good list of spec for the Bose speakers.

----------------

Bose has no specs because they all pretty much work against marketing their speakers because the specs themselves are less than impressive for the price of they ask for their products. Bose claims specs dont relate to sound quality.. which ultimately dont because the formula for hi fidelity is too complex to be summarized by a few numbers; however, generally better specs are associated with better speakers. The only thing that bose may be able to compare to RF-25's are the 901's which are probably their only decent speakers, but the design of the 901's (imo) is retarded. They rely on 8 drivers firing away from you, and one driver firing at you. So most of the sound is pretty much reflected sound. If you dont have walls that are good reflectors (ie, glass or brick or stone) then the speakers pretty much suck. Furthermore, what is the freaking point of reflecting the sound first, when the speaker could just be turned around and facing you? The idea is that is provides more.. off axis and ambient presence with an added touch of reverberation acoustic life like soun.. blah blah blah.. I call it distortion and its nothing a cheap AC 97 PCI soundcard mated with EAX or otherwise cant do, seriously who cares. If you are not listening to speakers in ideal positions then the stereo imaging is already compromised, so whats the point? I'd take RF-25's over 901's. Beyond that, bose has nothing on your speakers.

WOW! Thank you for the wealth of knowledge you imparted on me. It makes me feel good that I did not hop on the Bose band wagon and I actually came out better in regards to my pocket book. I love having people over and introducing them to Klipsch I have never had anyone say anything negative about them. I have even picked people brains that don't even sell them, and all have great things to say about Klipsch!!

"I tries to look it up but I could not find a good list of spec for the Bose speakers."

That's because they are closely guarded company secrets.

I cringe every time I go into Best Buys and have to hear those tinny little cubes and the displaced bass coming from some other worldly location.

Blo$e Bites!

$3600 for that junk- those housewives are being ripped off!

Michael

----------------

On 6/21/2005 3:21:23 PM bigrol21 wrote:

Ok, I notice that Klipsch fanatics disapprove with everything Bose. How do my Reference-25 series equipment compare with their products? I tries to look it up but I could not find a good list of spec for the Bose speakers.

----------------

You won't find any specs for Bose speakers, as Bose has a policy of not puplishing any. You might find some specs published by third-party, such as those in this classic article on the Intellexual.net website (which cribbed the specs from Sound & Vision, who no longer seems to want to publish specs themselves on Bose equipment - possibly under the threat of lawsuits and/or pulled advertising - as Bose heavily advertises in S&V).

However, I can tell you that your Ref-25 series speakers are an entirely different class of product than the Bose. You might as well compare something like the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo (Ref-25) to a Chevy Chevette (Bose) in terms of performance.

As to disapproving everything Bose, I'll fully admit that there are somethings about Bose that I do like. For example, those LifeStyle systems do make for some sleek and clean setups, and they are easy to setup and use. The Wave radio does sound pretty good for what it does (my parents has one).

The big issue I have with Bose is that I do agree they sound decent, but for what they want, I was expecting a whole lot more. Just look at the beginning of this thread and see how much Bose is asking that LifeStyle system! And then look at how much you paid for your complete Ref-25 setup, including sub, reciever, DVD player, and all necessary cabling/wire. I'd be willing to bet you probably paid less than that $4,000 (ohh, you can now get it for around $3,700 now! woopdy-friggan-doo!), for it. And I can gurantee that your Ref-25 setup will blow that LifeStyle thing away in terms of shear quality as well as features. Not only that, you have a very nice upgrade path you can follow if you choose with your Ref-25 setup, that you would not have with the Bose.

Also, Bose has a very arrogant corporate posture, it seems. Look at the recent lawsuit against CEDIA over the use of the word "Lifestyle". They tried to sue magazines due to unfavorable reviews. I wonder if they tried to get that Intellexual.net article taken down. I ought to e-mail that guy and ask if he has gotten any "cease and desist" letters from Bose. Somehow, I think if he did, he'd post them on the site, or at least, made mention of them.

Also, I've never seen such an obnoxious marketing campaign from a speaker/electronics company as Bose. That is the only company where I got flyers stuff with my phone bill! Hell, when I went skiing at Colorado, there was a "care package" that came with the condo I was staying in. Included was a friggan Bose flyer advertising thier noise-cancelling headphones! Also, that is the only company where I've seen an advertising placard on the friggan subway, advertising thier Wave radio. I've never seen other companies do that. Yes, I've seen TV commercials for Sony, Phillips, and Sharp, but I've never seen full-lengh 1/2 "informercials" for any of those companies, yet Bose does it.

And for dealers, I can think of at least 6 places right here in town that has Bose, but only one place, a small independent shop, that carryies Klipsch Reference. No friggan wonder Klipsch wanted to get into Best Buy. And speaker of dealers, Bose is one of only two speaker companies that I can think of that has a whole chain of stores dedicated to selling thier own wares (B&O is the other, although I believe Sony has a couple places on the west coast that sells exclusivly their product)

No friggan wonder that everybody talks up Bose like it is the greatest thing - it is friggan plastered all over the damn town as well as the media! And they they price it like it is high-end. "Wow - $4,000 for that thing! It must be good if it costs that much", compared to say $500 or so for the little Yamaha setup next to it (which, when I compared to the two, I actually thought the Yamaha sounded a little better, for a whole lot less!).

So, to cut to the chase, that is why I do not like Bose. Overpriced for what you get, arrogant corporate, lawsuit happy, attitude, and obnoxious marketing tactics. I'll do everything in my power to steer people to other products/brands and to dissuade them from buying Bose. At a minimum, try to convice folks to at least listen to the other brands, and not buy Bose for the sake of the name only.