Any extra BS Button's laying around up there?

----------------

On 6/26/2005 6:32:17 PM NOSValves wrote:

I was given my Bull**** button by the local Klipsch Dealer.

----------------

Same here.... But that was in '79 when I bought my first Las.... I have no idea where it is now.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 7/8/2005 10:37:31 AM picky wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance, but how did this whole thing about the BS Buttons start? Was it something PWK did years ago, or a promotion of some kind? ...Any one?

----------------

A long time ago PWK would listen to people peddle their latest scientific findings in the the audio world and how it was the best that could ever be. Paul believed most of it was pure hype (i.e.-Bose) and snake oil. On the back of PWK's lapell was a button that said "Bullsh!t!" and he would flash it to the person doing the hyping just before he walked away.

That's what I understood anyway....

BTW- Glenn, did you try that chili yet??6.gif

----------------

On 7/8/2005 10:48:27 AM Tom Blasing wrote:

----------------

On 7/8/2005 10:37:31 AM picky wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance, but how did this whole thing about the BS Buttons start? Was it something PWK did years ago, or a promotion of some kind? ...Any one?

----------------

A long time ago PWK would listen to people peddle their latest scientific findings in the the audio world and how it was the best that could ever be. Paul believed most of it was pure hype (i.e.-Bose) and snake oil. On the back of PWK's jacket was a button that said "Bullsh!t!" and he would flash it to the person doing the hyping just before he walked away.

That's what I understood anyway....

BTW- Glenn, did you try that chili yet??
6.gif

----------------

Tom: That's too funny! Thanks for explaining!

Nope: Believe it or not I've been so busy since I got back that I haven't had a chance to try the recipe. I'm in the middle of construction on my outdoor kitchen. I roughed it in last weekend. Now I am doing finishing woodwork and wiring. Next week i will install the porcelain tile counter.

Read the book. It was more than just audio. He would flash it in everyday situations too.

One thing PWK did too was if he thought you were BSing him and he did not know the answer, he would write it down and research it later. When he got his answer he would write that down so that he could correct you the next time he saw you.

He would even correct his preacher on Sunday1.gif

Lots of good stories in his book.

JM