album storage made easy or easyer!!!

went to ikea and bought there bookshelf they call expedit. they carry 2 differant sizes the larger (i bought) will hold 2000 albums nicely, also makes it easy to alphabatize them thought i would drop a hint incase anyone was in my shoes with stacks of albums laying about will post a pic later, cost was normally 149.00 i paid 59.00 as it was scratched10.gif

here is a pic of the shelf i labled each section as to what letters start and end that space now as i go thru my remaining stacks i just put them in the corresponding space. i started with 1227 already sorted and just put 50 albums in each space so i would have room to add albums as needed, not bad for 60.0010.gif Joe

Outstanding! Great choice and excellent storage. I had a cabinet made several years ago, but your way is more sensible. As I'm sure you know, don't leave the records leaning for very long, since they'll warp if you do.

Larry

they have 2 sizes of the shelf 58 inches square and 72 inches square marty that was my evil twin brother on AMERICAS MOST WANTED, i wouldnt try to adjust these for size as it is not solid wood, this wouldnt be much to build from solid wood, all repetative cuts fairly easy actually it was cheaper for me to buy than to build. i wont be leaving the albums leaning i still have 1000 or more to go thru trying to do 100 a night the shelf has 1400 on it now, so i will be running out of room when its all over with, and then begins the task of going thru the more than 500 i will be getting rid of, i love my albums but man what a PIA to seperate, check which is better, sleeve, then put in alphabeticle order. i will have a fairly large amount of classic rock, movie soundtracks, oldies,jazz, and R&B that will be getting rid of gary you need more albums (HA HA HA HA!!!!!)RIGHT 10.gif Joe

----------------

On 6/27/2005 8:01:25 PM joessportster wrote:

gary you need more albums (HA HA HA HA!!!!!)RIGHT
10.gif
Joe

----------------

I'm getting ready to put a "for sale" list together myself. I sent my Blueberry off to be Xtremed today so it might be a good time. I'm able to hook the MkIIIs dirtectly into the headphone jack of my SACD player so I'm not musicless in the khorn room. I'll be spending the next couple of weeks listening to Allan's jazz selections. Absolutely fabulous so far! Most are mono and since that's all I have right now, the timing couldn't be better!

My goal is to get rid of about 500-750 LPs before the summer's over. I just hate shipping more then 20 or so at a time. It's risky!

hey gary, i feel your pain but of course you need to let me know about any classic rock you find extra especially any kiss, pink, zepplin, stones, any of the old acid rock. you wont have to worry about shipping. Craig said my vrd's would ship this week, i have to go to tenn. this weekend and look at a retirement home. and the weekend after that im headed to pittsburg but after that if you want to hear them we could schedule a date 10.gif Joe

I liked that shelving unit so much that I bought IKEA! Well errr an EXPEDIT shelving unit at least 9.gif

Tnanks for the suggestion....Of course I have to rearrange my den,build the %^$##@#$%ng thing and then transfer all my 1100 LPs to the shelving.

Thanks A Lot Jerk! 11.gif

hey lynn glad i could be of service, It warms my heart to know someone else has to go thru over 1000 albums9.gif

PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAVE TO ALPHABATIZE AND RESLEEVE THEM AS WELL, MY WEEK IS NOT COMPLETE UNLESS I HAVE CAUSED LOADS OF MENTAL ANGUISH. 11.gif

Your faithful servant10.gif Joe

Most of mine are already alphabetised but I still have about 600 to clean. I am in my prime buying season so I expect that I will have that puppy up to capacity in a year or so.

Thanks for the Heads up Joe. The unit looks great in my den. I'll post a pic when I have it loaded up.