F/S 1977 Belles in walnut oil

Budman

----------------

On 7/5/2005 1:16:58 AM sunburnwilly wrote:

Hey , To everybody holding back from getting a pair of Belles , K-Horns or whatever because they are too far away . I just purchased a beautifull pair of `76 Walnut Belles from Tacoma Washington . I live in Charleston SC , " Pretty Far Away ". As long as you do a little research on freighting companies you will find that the process is not that hard . My Belles will be here Thurs. July 7th ," Just happens to be my 40th B-Day by the way Thank You , Thank You " , 8 days after they left WA ! I will let you know how it worked out . Peace and wear sunscreen .
10.gif

----------------

well, how do they sound?

----------------

On 7/8/2005 8:35:12 PM Budman wrote:

Belles on ebay just sold for $2950

----------------

These Belles are back up for sale but are now in the UK!!

The guy didn't even change the description!!!

Item #5788375765

JJ

Hi , I ended up using American Freight Companies . They are basicly a broker and research which freight companies have space available , route , time etc... I paid $487.00 for shipping . I could have saved about $90.00 if I didn't have them use a lift gate truck to pick them up from the seller . As I said before do some research on freight companies because no one else would touch them for less than $800.00 . Considering the Belles had to travel more than 2900 miles , I am pretty happy with the amount I paid . Peace Out

post-18289-13819267048462_thumb.jpg

the belles are on their way to their new home (90 miles)as we speak in KY. new owner Phil is not a member of this forum yet but he will be soon. won't ever forget when i sold them. today is my 28th. wedding anniversary. so i guess 2 congrats are in order. thank you, thank you

Phil is a friend of mine. He has been over to my house on several occasions and listend to my various Klipsch speakers. Just recently, he decided to build the HT he had always talked about and came to me for advice. He, of course, was immediately pointed to an all-heritage home theater and purchased 4 sets of Heresies. The wife then heard the one set of Heresies and decided they must remain in the main room for her enjoyment. A variety of discussions on Khorns, Belles, and La Scalas then ensued. The result: I ended up with a pair of Khorns I saw in an auction while looking for speakers for him and he purchased the Belles. Now two small towns just outside of Lexington are home to KHorns, Belles, a lot of Heresies, an Academy, KG4's, KSP400's, SVS subs, and other assorted Klipsch. I am in Miami at the moment so I still haven't heard my KHorns but Phil called me after visiting Budmans house and was very impressed and is completely stoked about his "new" Belles which he promptly spent 5 hours listening to last night. Already warned him his next purchase will end up being a tube amp after he hears my Khorns and his Belles on my tube amps.