Pics of my new setup...

Mike Lindsey

Here is a couple of pics of my new setup with my new Chorus mains (which I love, btw). I moved my CF-2's to the rear for DTS and DVD-Audio (will probably replace with some Forte's) and will be purchasing another set of RS-3's for 6.1 movies. I think the only place I can put them is on the CF-2's, facing one another.

In order to power the new speakers, I just bought an Acurus A200x3 amp from Ubid (auction ended about 4 hours ago). The amp will power the front soundstage. The pictures aren't the best and I probably should have had more light in the room, but it's all I have for now...

Mike

------------------

Family Room

-----------

Hitachi 43UWX10B HDTV (16:9)

Denon AVR-4800

Panasonic DVD-RP91K (Progressive Scan & DVD-Audio)

Dual CS-5000 Turntable w/Shure V15V-MR

DBX 3bx Series III Range Expander

Klipsch Chorus (mains)

Klipsch KLF-C7 (center)

Klipsch Epic CF-2's (rears)

Klipsch RS-3's (rear surrounds)

SVS 20-39CS Sub w/Samson S700 Amp

Monster HTS-3500 Line Conditioner

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Monster M-500 Component Video cables

Monster Datalink 100 Digital Coaxial cables

Radio Shack Gold Series for all other audio interconnects

Bedroom

-------

Mitsubishi 31" TV

Yamaha M-4 Amp

Yamaha C-4 Preamp

Yamaha T-7 Tuner

Teac DVD Player

Dual CS-721 Turntable w/B&O MMC2

Looking for a pair of Heresy's

Hey Mike - remember me?? Smile.gif

Your place looks like I remember it.

Oooops - wait a minute, you got another pair of Klipschs. Sa-WEET.

Another amp? And an Acurus at that?? I'm jealous.

Seriously though. Looks nice. The RS3's kinda look outta place. How do they sound with the new (old) stuff?

BTW, my Cornwalls seem to get better every day. Still am greatful you let me (us) use your place to listen to them. Remember, if you're ever in Savannah, give a call.

Tom Adams

Dave - Thanks for the kudos!

Tom - Of course I remember you! I thought you wouldn't mind if I put my Heineken on your Cornwall, remember? Smile.gif Actually, having a chance to listen to your Cornwalls was one of the main reasons for my persuing the Chorus' (along with Doug Drake's recommendation). I knew I couldn't fit the Cornwalls in the room, so I opted for the next best thing (their little brother).

I agree with the RS-3 statement if you mean their placement. They are just too high on the wall. When I get the 2nd pair, I will see about lowering them and moving them a little closer together (they will then be the back surrounds). The new pair will reside on the CF-2's for side surrounds. It would be nice if I could make a makeshift stand to get them another foot up in the air without looking like crap. My sister is already ticked with me because of what I've done to the room. Smile.gif

BTW, can't wait to hear the new amp...

Mike

Very nice setup!! This picture gives me a good idea of the size for a KLF-C7. I am thinking about getting one but lordy it is big. I don't think that it will fit on top of my TV :-(. I don't have anything else to put it on bummer...

Laters,cwm9.gif

------------------

FOR SALE OR TRADE COMPLETE R*3 SYSTEM FOR 3 HERESY'S

Main System -

Cornwalls (L/R main)

RC-3

RS-3's (white)

SVS 20-39CS

Harman Kardon AVR 510

Hafler P505 (running sub)

ProMedia 4.2 v400 for PC

Setup looks tee-rific, but I'll tell you, I am absolutely green with envy after looking at that room. I have to assume that, given the pristine looking bee-utiful while carpet, the white leather furniture, the spotless white countertops, the, uh, this is getting too painful... Frown.gif

Bet you don't have three cats, a dog, a two year old demolition expert and a sixteen year old party animal living at home with you... if you put that room in MY house, it'd last, hummmmm, five minutes?

Living vicariously through photos of how the other half lives,

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

very nice! How do you use the DBX? Ever get any DBX albums?

I get two rooms in my house, out of twelve, so I am getting a real good deal,

Bet it sounds great, BTW, the next time I drive up to Orlando it will be by way of Oviedo ...

------------------

horns, tubes, subs, leather couch & female vocalists

Colin,

I have the DBX plugged into "Tape-2 Mon" on the 4800. I generally only use it when listening to vinyl. Most turntables only have about 60-65 db capability and they can generally use some expansion. Not sure what you mean by DBX albums, but I have some half-speed masters (CBS, I think) and some MFSL (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab) discs as well. Do stop by next time you're in town...

Mike

Doug, Oops! Typo. The "b" was supposed to be an "n," and the space was in the wrong place. These keys are SO close togethet. fini

Man, really been screwing up my posts lately. I meant to put this one in "How Much You Dump In Your Stereo" thread. Sorry. fini

This message has been edited by fini on 09-15-2001 at 05:27 PM

Hey Mike,nice! Our rooms are very similiar.

Now that you've got your Chorus AND the CF-2's,what about a comparo in sound characters between the two. Been years since I've heard the Epic's and have never heard Chorus.Enjoyed your pics.

Keith

------------------

KSP-300 FL/R

KSP-C6 CENTER

SW8II C/SUB

KSP-S6 SURR

KSP300 SB

SW12II

SONY KP53XBR35 RP

DENON 3801

DENON DVD3300 DVD-AUDIO

SONY MDP455 LDP

ACURUS 125X5

ACURUS 100X3

MONDIAL M.A.G.I.C. BOX

PANAMAX MAX 1000

PANAMAX COAXMAX (2)

AQ SLATE

AQ COPPERHEAD

AQ SIDEWINDER

AQ VSD

TRIBUTARIES S-VIDEO

MONSTER INT.400MKIII

Hey mike,

Nice set-up. Looks very clean. Cool how that SVS blends right in. In fact, all your speaks are about the same size in height. Cool.

I also like your red wall! Any way you could put the center channel where the electronics are, and put the electronics up a shelf? That way they would be closer to the screen at at closer heights to your mains.

Also, Would those RS-3s fit on the side walls at all? You might like them better there, and lower as well. I could even see them on top of the CF-2s, like you mentioned. That may be a bit too close, though. Probably would still like it....

Anyway, nice stuff.

We should all have an open house month where fellow BB members could tour and sample each other's systems in the same geographical region. That would be cool.

p.s. got my C7 today. It's really big, and hard to hide from the wife. Will probably hook up next week. Need to make alterations of my Ent Center again to fit!

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Keith - Would like to see some pictures of your setup. I would have to think that 4 KSP-300's must really kick A$$! I did do a minor A/B comparison when I first got them. I really like my Epics but the Chorus' just sounded a little better. The bass was fuller and had more depth (especially with music). I also like the fact that it had a mid-horn and a tweeter-horn. I think the crossover is around 600hz on the Chorus' and the mids just seemed to jump right out at me (the epics have one horn at 2200hz). If you heard them, I think you would really like them...

t-man - Thanks for the kind words. I originally had the equipment above the center and it just didn't look right. If you notice, I have angled the center down towards the listening position. I think we are far enough back so that you can't tell the difference. As for the RS-3's, I plan on moving them down about 18 inches and a little closer together. I also plan on getting another pair and will set them on the CF-2's facing one another. I agree about checking out other member's systems. I'm going to be going over to Cornwalled's (Jon) house sometime in the near future to hear his setup...

Mike

Mike very nice

The chorus fit in very well, i just hit the digital scene with a sony reciever and a Academy center!!

This sounds great!!!!

OK

I have a question, a good one READY!!

What do i set the Hz at on the front, rear, and center speaker, with this reciever, the front and rear Hz go down to 100hz, thats it!!

This reciever has a setting for the hz on the mid, tweeter, bass, front and rear, and a setting on the bass, mid, center!!

Any ideas would be appreciated, thank you Jim