RF-7's for $1149, shipped

cmdridq

Well, on second blush, I think you are right. When I first read the listing, I saw the

"FREE - Local Delivery/Pickup (within United States)"

next to the "Shipping costs" item, and jumped to the conclusion that it was free shipping, or local pickup if you wanted to do that. But I think I was wrong. I didn't scrutinize the details very closely because I can't afford them. :( Sorry. I hope the guy isn't one of those S/H pirates.

The people who are selling these, sure went out of their way to take enough pictures! Looks like the are looking for a modeling job.

Guys, stay away from these. I have a hard time understanding they will ship these to your home for the price of $1149. You may want to do some more research.

Lastly, there is always a reason on why someone wants to get rid of them.

Good Luck.

take a little more time and read the discription clearly, they will not ship these for the 1149 price that price is for local pick-up only, they state clearly to contact them if you want them shipped (they will give you a quote), absolutely no reason to assume this is a shill auction, a picture says 1000 words speakers look like new there is always a reason to sell something but that reason doesnt have to be a bad one, maybe the ouner didnt care for the sound or finish and is outside the timeline to return them for a refund, or maybe the ouner found a set of heritage they like better. maybe the finish didnt meet the WAF. at any rate dont assume the sale is schill just because!!!!!! i know alot of unscrupulas sellers exist on ebay and elsewhere but there are alot more perfectly legitimate people there also, if you are worried offer to pay for the escrow feature or pay with your credit card which nearly all have fraud protection and will do a chargeback, refunding your $$$$$$$ lastly this seller has sold near 3000 items with only 3 neg comments that is a very good record on ebay, beleive me i have 530 with 3 negs. (some people are not happy no matter what you do) 10.gif Joe

----------------

On 7/16/2005 10:58:25 AM tommy499 wrote:

I would be very careful about having RF-7's shipped. UPS ruined 2 separate pairs I had sent to me. I don't believe that these have proper factory packing to be shipped by UPS. I would only buy these, or any RF-7's, if you can pick them up.

----------------

You are exactly right! If you have to have an item shipped UPS then don't expect "factory packaging" to be enough to get them where they are headed without getting damaged. I realized that after they damaged my subwoofer and then claimed it wasn't packaged properly. With as careless a manner in which UPS handles their packages, it really wasn't packaged well enough but insurance covered the damage as they should have.

Bottom line, don't accept "factory packaging" as being enough to get your purchase to you undamaged.

D

Agree entirely with the NO SHIPPING advice on these. Like Heritage speakers, RF7's are large. Also , they aren't making Maple anymore, so there are fairly rare beasts.

SOmeone here was looking for Maple a while back, hope he finds these. If they were closer, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

Michael