Do Heritage owners ever buy new?

Well it just got me to thinking..

Business models change all the time and evolve. Not to bring up SVS but,.....SVS has incredible loyalty, and you can't even see them in a store.. I know people demo them as well. There has to be a way, again in Indy, because no one stocks Heritage.. Some key Klipsch vendors like OVATION do have the room. Afterall, OVATION is where I bought mine new several years ago. They just choose not to?

It is not competition with them, and without me "officially" having a storefront, I would love to see how this might work out. If it keeps Ovation happy, heck... give them a piece as well of the sale if it is in their territory and they send the lead to me. I am not looking to get rich off of this.. I already have another job I am very happy with, thank you. But I hate it that so many people have never heard of "BIG OLE" Heritage KLIPSCH speakers...

Say you sell a couple of speakers a month..on average.

Not even knowing the prices.. Say 400- 1000 dollars income to you direct, it might be worth a few hours here or there to help the cause. After Taxes good grocery money for a family etc., etc. Some of us might be good salesman because we believe in the products. I would welcome to be the "guinnea pig" test market on this. Lord knows I have a house full of Klipsch already.

Say your really good at this.. More $$

Call it "Heritage Direct"

Might be a great concept!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to do it in my area as there is really nothing around here, a Reference series dealer in (The Superstore) Williston, VT and another in Plattsburgh, NY (Alpha Stereo).

There used to be a Heritage dealer in Williston, VT (Creative Sound) years ago but they are no longer selling Klipsch.

I asked my buddy that is part owner of the P'burgh store (Alpha Stereo) to at least get some Heresy II's on the floor for people to hear and he said the Klipsch area representative is really poor at getting back to him and I don't even think he knows the guys name. This is where the problem lies! I would take his job and turn this disgusting situation right around. He obviously has no passion or caring for what he is doing and is in it for a paycheck and that makes me angry!

Klipsch you want a tri-state Klipsch rep VT, NY, NH that will make a difference and put an effort into your products - contact me! I will hold dealers accountable for proper display and setup! I am not kidding either - I would love to do it!

The only Heritage dealer listed that is near me is in Canada!

----------------

On 7/27/2005 12:58:25 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Well it just got me to thinking..

Business models change all the time and evolve. Not to bring up SVS but,.....SVS has incredible loyalty, and you can't even see them in a store.. I know people demo them as well.

----------------

Yeah, but basically we are talking about 1 (maybe 2) components that are for 80 Hz and below. Those frequencies we all hear (or feel) pretty much the same way. The rest of the sound spectrum involves both woofers and tweeters and how peoples hearing (and mind) process that material. That along with the number of speakers you would be buying (or selling) changes the model and comfort level of folks that are willing to buy this way, IMO.

I still think it's an intriguing idea. I wrote earlier in this thread about the situation with the THX dealer who had the set up in his house. I would like to go back there a second time to bring another disk (which he auditioned the DTS promo disk of--wrote about it in another thread) to see how it sounds. I don't really feel comfortable going back in this situation. He may not want me back. However if it were a store situation I would do it in a heart beat!

This brings up the prospect about security of your home and legally who you would have to let in and what you would do about the folks you felt uncomfortable about letting in.

----------------

On 7/27/2005 2:00:04 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

In my case, I have video surveillance and great security alarms on my house here. I live in an area that has private police patrol as well. 24/7 I also know not everyone has this luxury too. Again, just a thought..

----------------

Well, you live in an area where the target audience resides 2.gif

I still wonder about comfort level of most folks that would buy this way. It's one thing to buy cosmetics or soap from a home distributor--It's another thing to buy over a thousand (and in more cases several thousand) dollars of audio equipment. Still interesting though.4.gif

• Moderators

If klipsch wanted to sell any heritage speakers the could have at least one store in the town of the home office even if they ran it.

Even better have one store they operate which has every model the want to sell set up like it should be, at least their would be somewhere you know you could go.

If you were going to spend thousands it would not be to crazy to make a trip to be sure what model/finish you may want.

----------------

On 7/27/2005 2:59:40 PM dtel wrote:

If klipsch wanted to sell any heritage speakers the could have at least one store in the town of the home office even if they ran it.

Even better have one store they operate which has every model the want to sell set up like it should be, at least their would be somewhere you know you could go.

If you were going to spend thousands it would not be to crazy to make a trip to be sure what model/finish you may want.

----------------

I'm with you on this one for the most part. Being a fan of the upper end Reference line I have an opinion why the THX line isn't being displayed along with them, but that is one of those "IMHO" deals.2.gif

I feel insofar as the Heritage line is concerned, it would be hard to stock alot of stores with those models, given what the majority of the public is asking for. Most of the Heritage line are beautiful handcrafted works of art that I would like to have in my house at some point (personally considering the LaScalas).

That being said, I like the idea of Internet sales on these products. {oops--here I go contradicting myself, but then again, I am not "most people"} Cut out the middleman and give the fans the discount. 1.gif

This weekend I am fortunate enough to be invited to a listening party with all Cornwalls (and evidently the afore mentioned SVS's;-). If I come home wanting those speakers I would gladly call Klipsch and place my order. When they asked me where I heard about their product I would say I heard them at Jeff's house and I was extremely impressed. Unbeknownst to me they would give Jeff some kind of credit toward more purchases and I would be dealing with the company direct. Just another thought...

I don't mean for this to sound overly harsh and I certainly applaud IndyKlipsch for trying to do something, however........

The notion of having to go to someone's home just to hear a speaker that should be available for demo IN AN AUTHORIZED KLIPSCH HERITAGE RETAILER is bull. And the notion of these dealers not having at least a pair of Heresy's in stock is simply ridiculous. If retailer's aren't gonna have them taking up the same space that their multiple B&W models do, then let us mail order the damn things direct from Klipsch. Sheesh....

It would be very interesting to know what percentage of Klipsch Heritage dealers actually have Heritage products on display for demo. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say less that 40%.

I really like doing business with my local Klipsch dealer 'cause they have a great staff, the owner is cool, their product line is very tasty and they've always treated me well and with respect. But I still give them grief about not having any Heritage in their store even though they're an authorized dealer. And I've been working on them for the last 10 years!!!

Tom

Not Harsh Tom... But I agree with you too.

"And the notion of these dealers not having at least a pair of Heresy's in stock is simply ridiculous."

But how do you change that mentality if they (The dealers) will not?

Someone else might/should step up to the plate!

One more Idea....

Klipsch already has a great Demo room.

I know no one at Klipsch would want to spend another day at the office if necessary... BUT, why not have say the first friday or first saturday (by appointment only too) to hear Heritage in their own demo room? Give a portion to dealers if they give out a coupon of some sort (would have to not affect pricing direct) or Klipsch keeps it all.

I just have a hard time believing we could not move some serious equipment in the Heritage line. I would volunteer/ work out something with Trey or whomever, to be a spokesperson even if they are too busy to do this. I could see some people driving for sure from all over the midwest to see, listen, and purchase Klipsch.. IF they could only hear it too. One time a month. Like say the first friday of the month is Klipsch Heritage Day.

Advertise here, at authorised dealers, a win win.. who knows??

Will work (Show up demo equipment etc.) for free, unless I sell something. I am sure we can work something out.

I hear what you guys are saying. I am often wondering why there is NO heritage dealer in our area (for that matter almost the entire state). The local shops cary B&W (stock a boat load of them) and several other "high end" speakers. When I am talking shop with them and mention my khorns the attited is "1950 it was a good speaker". Fortunaly growing up in a Klipsch fanatic family I know better, but how MANY don't!

Seems that the Klipsch company has decided it's market segment and IMHO it is not the Heritage line. If it was this converstion would not be taking place. As far as market demands ect, I for one know several folks that have bought some big dollar systems since the "kids have left the nest" and guess what, our beloved Klipsch was not even concidered. Sadening to say the least, but I wonder why the company does not rectify the problem?

PS, my room id ALWAYS open to any who wish to check out the heritage line. Oh the days of top shelf Hifi shops displaying heritage, wish we still had that choice.