That does it, Tubes for BS Button

BS Button

A good friend of mine brought over his Dynaco ST 70 and pre-amp. All I can say is "Wow!" Definately noticed the "less fatigue" factor. Warmth was also quite prevelant: smoother response, less harsh but just as dynamic.

Auditioned several pcs of music before with solid state Adcom. I'm going with Tubes for two channel ASAP.

----------------

On 8/6/2005 3:19:25 PM BS Button wrote:

A good friend of mine brought over his Dynaco ST 70 and pre-amp. All I can say is "Wow!" Definately noticed the "less fatigue" factor. Warmth was also quite prevelant: smoother response, less harsh but just as dynamic.

Auditioned several pcs of music before with solid state Adcom. I'm going with Tubes for two channel ASAP.
----------------

The good old ST70 does it every time! One hell of an amp. ST70 was my first experience with tubes too and I had the same "wow" feeling.

----------------

----------------

I hope your decision isn't based soley on the adcom as far as ss goes. There are worlds of other options that put the adcom to dust when paired with horns.

But by all means if you like what you've heard and want it in your home go for it.

Good Luck!

----------------

----------------

Is this the same friend that has you looking for Cornwalls for him? LOL

I just spent the better part of the day listening to musiclover's new oak Khorns he bought from Tubes, Buds, n Horns. Musiclover has an ST-70 fronted by a McIntosh solid state preamp. It sounded very nice!

Woo

Hey Woo,

Yes, that's the guy. He ended up with Heresy's, which is not bad considering the story behind them. He wanted to hear the Cornwalls again, and was amazed. I was amazed at the difference between SS and tubes. We did a 2 minute switch out and I could definately notice a difference...and I was skeptical.

----------------

On 8/6/2005 4:35:56 PM crazytubepower wrote:

They are boring and "dull" stock. But once you get some good mods in there, stand back, once modded you'll spend about 700-800 total you will have an amp the will kill any thing near its price----------------

Are you sure you're fifteen years old?

----------------

On 8/6/2005 6:45:34 PM Guy Landau wrote:

----------------

Are you sure you're fifteen years old?

----------------

I think so...but age is just a number. I'm a webdesigner and photographer and I make a few thousand a month just going to school and designing websites. So I would say I'm 15 in age but in my late 20's in mind. Anyone got a daughter12.gif she'll have the best with me

----------------

They are boring and "dull" stock. But once you get some good mods in there, stand back, once modded you'll spend about 700-800 total you will have an amp the will kill any thing near its price
----------------

Crazytube you've been reading too many Audio Asylum threads.

----------------

On 8/6/2005 8:58:32 PM scott0527 wrote:

----------------

They are boring and "dull" stock. But once you get some good mods in there, stand back, once modded you'll spend about 700-800 total you will have an amp the will kill any thing near its price
----------------

Crazytube you've been reading too many Audio Asylum threads.

----------------

LOL9.gif I gotta agree with you there Scott.

Depends on the definition of "near."