Anybody Ready For some Football

Guest Damen Bonner

----------------

On 8/9/2005 9:14:38 PM DeanG wrote:

Browns fan -- I don't know if I can handle another season without hanging myself. Someday someone in the organization will figure out that you can't run or pass without an offensive line. IDIOTS.

----------------

I knew there was a reason why my father calls them the "Cleveland Clowns". Of course, that team on the otherside of that state is not exactly tearing up the gridiron either (The Cincinnati Bungles) 11.gif

Steelers fan here, though. I guess those 12 years living in Northwestern PA really rubbed off on me. Of course, in this area, it is pretty much Redskins territory. I have so much fun listening to everybody here whine about the "Deadskins". It is always fun to see if they will finally field a decent team this next season, despite all the money is thrown at them.

----------------

On 8/9/2005 4:35:08 PM Griffinator wrote:

----------------

On 8/8/2005 4:03:46 PM cjgeraci wrote:

My favorite time of the year - football. Time to root for your team (mine - the Pats), listen to the pundits pay homage to your coach (Belichick), scowl at your no-longer-in-the-division rivals coached by your former coach (Parcells - Cowboys), anticipate the upcoming two divisional games against your former has-been Superbowl DB (Law - Jets), wince at your team's special teams (ours), watch your team rack up the points (ours), and hope beyond all hopes that your offensive line can actually protect your gun-slinging QB and hard-charging RB (Brady and Dillon).

Oh, the anticipation. Happy NFL season to all fans.

Griff.

----------------

9.gif

----------------

I know a guy who worked with the Pat's organization . I asked him if they taunt Bill Parcels when he comes up to Foxborough . He said NO . In fact he said that Bill would find you and Kick You In The YOU Know Where's . I wouldn't scowl at him unless you were in the Nosebleed Section and it would be difficult for him to get to you . IMO ...

10.gif

ALWAYS ready for some football.

But for this year I've got the TV to watch it on. Still haven't figured out what HDTV route I am going.

I'll be present for a few Falcons games this year, and if I can swing it, when I visit my folks, a Bucs game.

SEC football should be particularly entertaining this year.

Been diehard Bengal fan since their inception. Had some good years 10.gif but the last 15 years... well... 15.gif

Seems as though the team is back on the track and headed into the right direction.

Glad I got the NFL package on my satellite, get to see all the games.

You AFC dudes better watch out for Carson & Company this year, they're gonna kick Baltimore & Cleveland & Pittsburgh's woofers clear through their PIO capacators.

9.gif2.gif

• Moderators

Ok i can't say anything about our local team.{saints]

But i do like football, last season we got a new tv 65" one week before superbowl and went on vacation for a week about 3 days before the game diden't even find who won till the next day.

Now i am looking in to getting hd sat, this year should be different,i hope.

• Like 1

Go, Bears, indeed.

Could be a good season in Chicago. Defense will be STRONG, even when figuring for some injuries. If the D stays healthy, they will challenge for the league's best defense.

It's all on Rex's shoulders, though. Turner's power running game should help protect Rex, and if the offense gels enough by week 8 to develop a passing game along with the running game, we are looking at 11-5. If Rex gets hurt, though, it could be rough - although I can't see much worse than 7-9 with that defense.

Regardless of the result, I will be in Detroit the first weekend in February. Winter Carnival, XL style, anyone?

----------------

On 8/12/2005 5:44:52 PM Audible Nectar wrote:

"It's all about the RAMS this season"

Oh really? You mean the Rams fired Mike Martz?

----------------

No, but regardless, they are going to tear it up this year. They have 4 great go-to receivers and ol Jackson is just a tank at running back. Yeah, look for the Rams to lightup the scoreboard! 10.gif

----------------

On 8/12/2005 3:19:11 PM Damen Bonner wrote:

Hey Moon,

What'cha thinh about the new Madden?

----------------

I like it. I've had to try and find some new go-to plays because they changed the playbook I use. I still have not yet figured out the advantage to the QB field of vision thing. Not too crazy about the new control layout. I think I may revert it back to the way it was if it can be done. Graphics seem a tad better. Smoother animation.

What version do you have? I have it for XBOX, if you have XBOX, send me your gamer tag and lets hook up.10.gif