Big, Tight Bottom ...Whadda ya got ...???

Duke Spinner

I'm using 2 JBL 4638 cabs (each with 2 15" woofers), powered by a Crown Ultra 1010. It's chest thumping bass on a beer budget.....yet takes a back seat to few. To beat it, I would spend 4X the price....and that improvement would be minimal.

For straight 2 channel tube bass, I was VERY impressed by the Blueberry/VRD combo on Craig's LaScalas. Anyone who says LaScalas don't have bass had their argument shredded after that demo. I didn't miss the "bottom 30 hz" on 95% of listening material. I'll bet that sounds REEEEEAL good on Klipschorns.

Mental note, Greg928s4 has left the diamond and is now in left field-

Because the classic Klipsch corner Khorns dont really need much fill-in below their measured 30Hz bottom, I got a steep slope ACI Titan to Help out the flea-powered $500 BottleHead 2A3 Paramour monoblocks

10.gif

I once had an Adcom 555 driving Polk SDA. I don't understand how Polk did it - something with the crossovers. They had four 6" woofers with a passive radiator. Definitely had deep, liquid, MUSICAL bass. I once read an incident where the Polk top of the line SDA speakers would sooner knock themselves over instead of blowing. Howz dat for movin air?!

• 3 weeks later...

Ho, its an FBass www.fbass.com Unfortunately, this is an exact model that I have, and that mine is about 5 years old and has the usual dings and wear. I don't baby it. Corey from www.rockcityguitars.com deals or used to, in them and said mine has a real vibe to it he has not seen. It's a keeper.

Check out my other gear at http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepjij3/

Can anyone help me with my link to my site? I can't get it to work.....Thanks

Ho, its an FBass www.fbass.com Unfortunately, this is an exact model that I have, and that mine is about 5 years old and has the usual dings and wear. I don't baby it. Corey from www.rockcityguitars.com deals or used to, in them and said mine has a real vibe to it he has not seen. It's a keeper.

Check out my other gear at http:/mysite.verizon.net/vzepjij3/

Can anyone help me with my link to my site? I can't get it to work.....Thanks

Bob, yer a friggin ANIMAL! Great rig and like the band photo. Got to get you some better live pix though. I'm usually in MA on seminar last part of March, early April. Will check in and see if I can get round to a gig. Looks like a kickin band buddy- what a ball you must be having. Nice job on the 8x10 btw, love that old Acoustic gear. Classic John Paul Jones sound!

Michael

Bob, it's really a great box. I've gotten a ton of comments from bass players that are really impressed with the B string response I get. I'm sure you know that the "tone is in your fingers" ethos only gets you so far when dealing with the low notes. I've played some rinky-dink gigs lately where we haven't bothered with the bass in the PA. The old Bassman 135 and Fitzmaurice's horns had plenty of grunt. The 135 is almost universally derided as a bass amp, but it sounds fantastic with this rig.

I'm pretty sure there's a few builders out in NE. Try out Bill's site. www.billfitzmaurice.com

He's got a lot of new designs out lately.