WOW, never played LPs sound great

mandi

My wife showed up with a huge box of LP that a coworker said I could have! It was actually four medium Uhaul boxes. What should I find but almost double of every Beatles album! One was opened and the other still factory sealed. I have had a blast playing never before played LPs. Hmmm, they would probably sound ALOT better on something other than my radio shack TT.

Yes, never played LPs sound pretty good. Too bad they don't stay that way.

You opened factory sealed Beatles albums? Do you have any idea what some of them may be worth worth unopened? I don't supposed one of them is "The Beatles Yesterday and Today" with the Beatles in white coats and parts of baby dolls, the so-called "Butcher" album cover?

I was actually kind of hoping that I had a really HOT one that was selling for mega bucks and I think I would have still played it just so I could say I did, and for FREE. hehehe

I used to have access to hotwheel cars and I would find the treasure hunt cars and give them to little kids right in front of collectors, the look on both faces was fantastic. The little kid getting a free hotwheel and ripping open the package so he could try it out on the store track and the collector almost crying over the treasure hunt package being ripped to shreds.

----------------

On 8/23/2005 9:24:10 PM mandi wrote:

I was actually kind of hoping that I had a really HOT one that was selling for mega bucks and I think I would have still played it just so I could say I did, and for FREE. hehehe

I used to have access to hotwheel cars and I would find the treasure hunt cars and give them to little kids right in front of collectors, the look on both faces was fantastic. The little kid getting a free hotwheel and ripping open the package so he could try it out on the store track and the collector almost crying over the treasure hunt package being ripped to shreds.

----------------

OMG that is funny in a twisted sort of a way.....

I LIKE it! Great story about the Hot Wheels.

A friend of mine would always sit behind home plate at baseball games, he was a great intermural player- always had his glove. Would catch pop foul balls all the time, look at it, then hand it to a kid. That look on a kids face is priceless.

Michael

Were these sealed lps 1980's reissues? UPC codes?

I listen to a lot of records...mostly because I like rock from the lp era and a lot of indie stuff is tough to find on CD. Oh yeah...it sounds good, too, but with time & phase speaker correction and a good DAC I've found enjoyment with digital and the ease of use it provides.

Gee...I'm listening to an old Kinks lp as I write this :)

Mandi,

Since you got a great deal on the albums, you should reward yourself with a kick-*** turntable to get the most mileage out of your new vinyl!

By kick-*** I mean a good used Thorens or something like that for a couple hundred bucks, although an "economy" Teres turntable kit for a couple grand would be a more kick-*** way to go. OK, I'm not there yet either.

Best in horns,

triceratops