OT. My cat is running out of lives.

nuclearay

Mr. Doodles is more of a kitten really. He came home with my wife one day after my father-in-law's cat had kittens a few months ago. I had no choice in this matter and my opinion was not considered.

It didn't take him long to start doing what I didn't want him to do. He has made quite a habit of running up my RF7s and sitting on top of them. On close inspection the grills are doing quite well, in fact I can't tell that he spazzes out on them.

Since my wife and I no longer sleep with our bedroom door open due to the cat jumping on our head all night long, Mr. Doodles usually greets us at the door after we first wake up and go out into the living room (the first thing one sees is a RF7 and behind that is the TV)all the while meowing and hollering that it is time for his breakfast. The other day I had to get up and go to work early (4am-ish). Since I was in a hurry, and it was early, I politely told Mr. Doodles that he was going to have to wait for his mother to get up before he was to be fed. In the most flippant and defiant manner a cat can be flippant and defiant, he meowed, turned, swished his tail at me,

and then proceeded to walk INTO the speaker via the rear bass port.

words... cannot... express... my hatred... for this beast.

Mr. Doodles needs his tail kicked outside.

Get yourself a little plastic squirt gun, and squirt him with some water a couple of times when he gets even close to your speakers.

He'll get into his tiny little brain that it's the speakers (or the LOCATION) that make him uncomfortable, not actually you squirting him. It's amazing how well it works.

DM2.gif

How bout a temporary 'fence' of that welded hardware cloth 1/2" metal screen. It's about 24-30" wide, so create a wide loop of it to encircle your beloved speakers and keep young Mr. Doodles away from them. Maybe pad the top edge with towel, so if he attempts to climb, the screen doesn't scratch your cabinets.

If he's a little kitty, he just wants love, would it be possible for you to sleep together at all? As a child, he's just striving for attention. Give him some play time before bed and he'll nod right out when the time comes. If he naps all day, he'll be nocturnally active, so leave the stereo blaring when you're not home so he stays awake during the day. Maybe he's having trouble getting adjusted to his new home.

Please give him a chance. It does take a little bit o patience.

Michael- an obvious cat lover. But mine know enough to stay off the speakers by now.

I know this is ridiculously of topic, but I have a story concerning cats. While I was sitting in on a lecture on Quantum mechanics, a professor brought to my attention a simple method to destroy the universe using merely a cat, peanut butter and one slice of bread. Heres how it works.

Well, everyone knows that a cat ALWAYS lands on it feet. But is it not also true that a peice of bread with peanut butter on one side ALWAYS lands peanut-butter side down? Both of these statements are invariably true. So all you have to do is place a slice of bread with its peanutbutter side up on the back of a cat and then drop it off of a ledge. Resultantly, you will see the cat float in quantum indecision and the universe will implode.

Please dont bring this thread to the attention of any terrorist groups/factions. Thanks.

----------------

On 8/24/2005 1:55:54 PM nuclearay wrote:

words... cannot... express... my hatred... for this beast.

----------------

Just wait 'til Mr. Doodles decides to back up to one of your RF-7's and mark it as his own with foul smelling male cat urine.

Woo (always the optimist)

Actualy The misses should have brought home 2 kittens . Since from what I gather you are not spending any quality time with the critter it's lonely . 2 cats , especialy siblings occupy each others time and belive it or not will eliminate some of the problems you have mentioned . Also the little guy can sense your disdain of him and will reciprocate the feeling back to you . Unlike a dog you have to earn a cats respect .

"or he could taste good between two pieces of bread."

I prefer them deep fried or sauteed'.

Like a lobster, cook them live!

Charter member of P.E.T.A. (P. eating tasty A.)

A friend of mine had a very scrawny cat, it used to walk in one side of his LaScala and out the other.

----------------

On 8/24/2005 11:32:32 PM sunburnwilly wrote:

Unlike a dog you have to earn a cats respect .

----------------

Good observation there. Here's the difference between how a dog thinks and how a cat thinks.

Dog: "You feed me, you give me love and affection, you provide me shelter, you care for me when I'm sick, and all of this for no more than my companionship. You must be a god!"

Cat: "You feed me, you give me love and affection, you provide me shelter, you care for me when I'm sick, and all of this for no more than my companionship. I must be a god!"

Seriously though Nuclearay, you have a pet there, and like Michael said, he's just a baby and he's looking for love. You, your wife, and the cat will all be happier if you'll step up and understand the animal and care for it. I know you didn't ask for him, but he's yours now, and you're the one who gets to decide how that's going to go. He doesn't have that power -- he's just a cat.

----------------

On 8/24/2005 6:58:51 PM greg928s4 wrote:

I would introduce Mr. Doodles to the full volume bass response of the RF7.
9.gif

Greg

----------------

That was my first thought as well. What ever you do, I would not let me continue getting in your speakers like that. I would have to think that cat fir and what not would be very good for the components.