OT. My cat is running out of lives.

nuclearay

The hi-fi exploits of our two kitties, Zappa and Timmy (they came pre-named, from an animal rescue place) have been documented elsewhere. http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44535&highlight=cats

One or both have also scratched a bit at the grilles on my 1974 Cornwalls, too! I keep them covered up when not in use, now, to minimize the damage.

Effing cats... they are cute, though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23393

"You don't realize it , but he's training you!"

Yep.....the cat rules the roost - that is as long as the cat is in your roost.

Cats are like having a wife. There is sharing and "give and take". You don't order cats around, and they wouldn't listen to you even if you did. They even know how to say "FU", just by their look and attitude. Every cat owner knows "that look".

If the cat finds out how to "get back at you" (as it appears that it already has), they tend to store that in their memory bank. Only a woman can be as vindictive. Yet, if treated well and with patience, you can reach an understanding, and they become great companions.....just like women can be.

Your cat is not a dog. Cats do not take orders.

my frustration with my girfriends cats is neverending. Fortunately(or not) Ive found that accepting them is the only way to keep my sanity.

The problem is that pets were not allowed in the house when I was a child. We had Cats and a dog growing up but they stayed outside. She on the other hand had like 5 cats growing up in the house and everywhere else. When it comes to the cats I can either get pissed at the situation or accept it.

When we moved in together I had one firm rule no cats in the bedroom. I will not put my face were a filthy cat has been, Thats all I got. If I catch one of those cats in the bedroom I shut the door and scare the sh!t out of it. It seems to have worked I only had to do it once with each cat.

I am currently working on a way to keep them away from my Cornwall. I bought one of those hanging things you put in doorways, they usually have beads. This one is made of leather, my hope is they will think they are snakes and stay away from them. When I walk by them of late I remind them of the dangers of snakes, and that they bite. My point is, proactive measures on my part to prolong kitty Ragnorak, and probly the end of my relationship, is all I can do.

her cats are full grown so they get the message pretty quick, yours being a kitten its probly to stupid to get the message, even from hittin it with full spl. Plus thats cruel, tempting, but cruel.

Good luck man

Bill and Iam, you guys are right. We all know that women like cats more than men do because cats are more like women than they are like men, and we all know that men like dogs more than women do because dogs are more like men than they are like women. Logically, since we also all know that the only answers do dealing with problems with women have a caliber or a knife edge associated with them - just ask Scott Peterson and O.J. Simpson -- the same must apply to cats. You men are truly wise, and I for one am grateful for your insight.

Guys if you want to keep the cats away from your speakers go to your local PetsMart or Petco and look for some of the sprays that are designed to keep the cats away or off off things. You'll probably find it near the cat shampoos. One product I believe is called "Kitty No" and Pet Organics makes a Product called No Stay Furniture Spray. Just spray the carpet around the speakers regularly and the cats will stay away from it. If you still have a problem with the cat climbing inside the port you could try to spray it on the plastic around the port or if you can get your hand inside the port find a small piece of cloth that you can spray it on and set in the bottom of your speakers, that should keep the cat out. We use it around our Christmas tree every year and it keeps the cats away from it, they will stand just outside the area we sprayed and look at the tree but the won't go under it.

After a while you will probably be able to stop spraying becuase the cat will be trained to stay away from it.

----------------

On 8/26/2005 6:52:39 AM Bill H. wrote:

wHEN your wife isn't home, open the door, and introduce mister D to the great outdoors!..............or the Humane Shelter!

or a paper bag and a bridge come to mind....................
----------------

Hey Bill , We have some rather large linen bags at work . One might be just your size !

11.gif