An Opinion!

neo33

"At least Codhead had some experience with a Juicy product before he posted his thoughts. THAT is useful."

Kev,

Think you have me confused with an adjacent post. I was just trying to

interject a little humor. I have ***no experience*** with Juicy

products, so I can't comment on them one way or another.

As an engineer, I can only wish Mark and Craig the best of luck with

their products. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to design,

source, prototype, and manufacture equipment. I think the Klipsch folks

are pretty cool for allowing them to market to forum members, as I

doubt if they currently have the resources for a proper ad campaign.

Yeah, the seemingly endless accolades can be frustrating to wade

through at times. But they're also doing their part to keep a dying

industry alive - and from that we all benefit. I still remember the

excitement associated with my first decent piece of tube gear, and if

this forum existed at the time, I'm sure my comments would have annoyed

someone. It's a lot easier to deal with when you keep it in perspective.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thread - but we are comparing apples and oranges here. Almost invariably new equipment will not look like good value for money next to 2nd hand - which I assume is how Neo bought his.

For example: A brand new Klipsch Horn is excellent value for money in comparison to any other high end speaker out there, new. Next to a 2nd hand unit, at often less than a 1/3rd of the price it is not such good value.

At $2-3000 Mark's preamp looks good value against some of its competition which retails for upto $10,000 - although I have not heard it.

Okay, I'm new here but heres my 2 cents.

We are all adults here, with the exception of a couple young ones who have remained silent. BRAVO!! The very nature of a forum suggests that people with different OPINIONS will chime in. Beating on someone who's opinion differs from you show a definite lack in character IMHO. Who is to say that one person is correct and I or anyone else am wrong? My favorite color is blue. Am I wrong? People will hear different nuances in music,Ive been to so many concerts, a transistor radio is state

of the art...TO ME.

Can you have a different opinion? Absolutely. Should you bash me for it? NEVER!

I've noticed a couple of old timers here have not posted lately, where do you suppose they have gone?

I NEED everyone heres opinion, I'm new at this, but I've noticed questions go unanswered because some get caught up in personal attacks.

I know I won't be missed but I also know if it doesn't stop I'll be looking for a new place to call home, as I think some other may have already, and thats a shame, there are not too many nut like us out there, I need a home!!

Flame on!!

Ron

It depends on your color model. In an additive model white is all

colors, but then the color of white varies with color

temperature. In an additive model white is the absence of tinting

agents, but white will then vary with the color of the substrate and the

light source.

I have no Data but my belief is white is a color. Clear would be no color.

This makes sense. White officially became a color in 1949, when it was added to Crayola Crayons.

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0872797.html

Clear cannot be found in a box of Crayola Crayons, which is strong

contributing evidence that it is not a color. (It is not a case of it

being there and you just cannot see it, because you'd still be able to

see the wrapper enclosing the crayon.)

For the record, I never said any members products were bad, nor have I

ever said the people who make them were bad or had any negitive traits.

What I DID say was that I was tired of hearing about the products.

I have some good older gear (not the best by any means) and I have

auditioned some of the amps mentioned and I was not "blown away" by

them.

Does this mean they are bad? NO,

is my gear superior? NO

On the whole I ranked them about the same. This got the ire up of

those who have spent money with the suppliers from the board.

All I said, and my point was, ENOUGH already, there are more amps in

circulation than those who everyone was raving about. I didn't want new

members to the board and to higher end audio, to think that the

only equipment worth having was that which was sold by our board

members.

EDIT: ANOTHER COMMENT, if there had been 18 months of "moondogs are the best" I would be saying the same thing[;)]

"I didn't want new members to the board and to higher end audio, to think that the only equipment worth having was that which was sold by our board members."

Most of us have been through a lot of gear, and many of us have found the best sound coming from things built by those who know and understand what works best with these horns. I'm sure anyone coming to this forum, or new to audio fully realizes that there are other things out there worth having. So, tell me quick -- how many choke loaded, fixed bias, tube rectified push-pull monoblocks are out there? How about anywhere near the price NOSvalves builds them for? How about tube rectified full function preamps and linestages with more power supply filtering than most amps have. Where do you go if you want a new network or are having a problem with one? How about a bad driver? Want a new kick *** horn that will actually fit without modding half the speaker? I think it's great that people are happy with the goods and services offered through this forum, and every thread or post is simply the testimony of a satisfied customer.

"You can post whatever you want but your own words here led me to believe you posted this before talking to Mark, if I am wrong I apologize, I am not speaking for you, or any other thing, own what you write dude. He either new the deal before you posted this or he didnt. dont fry me cause you F$%ked up."

i see you are one of those that likes to stick there nose in on a subject and after it gets cut off you take offense and answer with ignorance and profanity. and you have the nerve to try to tell others to censor what they write. well fella no one was trying to fry you just returning your comments if you dont like to have rebutal to your comments and can only answer with profanity i suggest you keep your nose in your oun business or be man enough to rebut what is said without profanity that is a condition of this forum that it be kept clean Joe

mark i am very happy with the resolution to the situation, i had no intentions of slamming you here or trying to besmerch your name or gear, you have shown that you are an honerable person and i beleive completely this was a type of oversite i could have spoke with you earlier and i did try to structure a deal with you, but at that time i felt i would just go to deep into a pre at the prices we had discussed i apolagize if you feel i slighted you in any way. Joe`